Nintendo Announces '2DS'

39 replies to this topic
Moth
  • Moth

Sweet Roll Thief

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:20 AM

QUOTE (Antagonista @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 22:39)
We need a new Gameboy... make it happen Nintendo..

#GetOffYourLazyAssesAndMakeANewGameboyAdvanceForUsHashtagsAreSof*ckingStupid2013

The DS is the new Gameboy. Hell, unless your parents were really cheap, you shouldn't have gotten a Gameboy and should have gotten a DS.

Anyways, the 2DS seems to be a pretty stupid design. I don't mind them taking out the 3D, but the form factor just sucks. Hell the buttons look so out place on it and how are you suppose to protect the screens? Expect Nintendo to start marking screen protectors for it.

Antagonista
  • Antagonista

Back In Business™

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:07 AM

QUOTE (The General @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 02:20)
QUOTE (Antagonista @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 22:39)
We need a new Gameboy... make it happen Nintendo..

#GetOffYourLazyAssesAndMakeANewGameboyAdvanceForUsHashtagsAreSof*ckingStupid2013

The DS is the new Gameboy. Hell, unless your parents were really cheap, you shouldn't have gotten a Gameboy and should have gotten a DS.

Anyways, the 2DS seems to be a pretty stupid design. I don't mind them taking out the 3D, but the form factor just sucks. Hell the buttons look so out place on it and how are you suppose to protect the screens? Expect Nintendo to start marking screen protectors for it.

Yeah, we always couldn't afford the nice things as soon as they released. I only got an Xbox 360 in 2011.

I may buy this since it's been a long time since I had a handheld..

TheWarzoneXL
  • TheWarzoneXL

Banging Michael's Housekeeper

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:08 AM

That is the stupidest thing I have ever seen.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:31 AM

QUOTE (mrpain @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 06:15)
So I'm the only one looking forward to this? I'm a broke ass college student and the 2DS is everything I can ask for. It's a cheaper alternative for me and I can finally play games like Animal Crossing and the upcoming Pokemon X and Y. Definitely getting this for my birthday. I never really cared for the 3D option anyways.

You're so broke that you can afford $130,- but not $170, and also not $100 for a second-hand 3DS or 3DS XL?

Aight.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Zaibatsu

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:08 AM

QUOTE (Fireman @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 18:31)
So I'm the only one looking forward to this? I'm a broke ass college student and the 2DS is everything I can ask for. It's a cheaper alternative for me and I can finally play games like Animal Crossing and the upcoming Pokemon X and Y. Definitely getting this for my birthday. I never really cared for the 3D option anyways.

You're so broke that you can afford $130,- but not $170, and also not $100 for a second-hand 3DS or 3DS XL?

Aight.

I know you're trying to say that my decision purchase of the 2DS it's a dumb decision, but hear me out.

Yes, I'm currently under that much financial problems in life. So yeah, I'm bloody poor at the moment and I have to look out for cheaper alternatives to gaming which is a expensive hobby I might say. I don't have the privileges of having that much spare cash so please excuse me when I say I can't put in $50 more for a 3DS.

Besides, 3DS doesn't really cost $170. Here in my country it costs like $250 currently and 2DS will probably be close to $100 over here. And hah, no one sells a second-hand 3DS for $100 like ever here.

So buying the 2DS simply for just Animal Crossing and Pokemon seems like a brilliant idea for me. There's also that new Super Smash Bros coming out so I'm definitely looking forward to it.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:45 PM

QUOTE (mrpain @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 11:08)
QUOTE (Fireman @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 18:31)

Aight.

I know you're trying to say that my decision purchase of the 2DS it's a dumb decision, but hear me out.

Yes, I'm currently under that much financial problems in life. So yeah, I'm bloody poor at the moment and I have to look out for cheaper alternatives to gaming which is a expensive hobby I might say. I don't have the privileges of having that much spare cash so please excuse me when I say I can't put in $50 more for a 3DS.

Besides, 3DS doesn't really cost $170. Here in my country it costs like $250 currently and 2DS will probably be close to $100 over here. And hah, no one sells a second-hand 3DS for $100 like ever here.

So buying the 2DS simply for just Animal Crossing and Pokemon seems like a brilliant idea for me. There's also that new Super Smash Bros coming out so I'm definitely looking forward to it.

I guess the country you live in is important as well, here (Netherlands) I can buy a second-hand 3DS for €75,-.

So it would be silly to pay €140,- (estimated price, since they like to rip off Europeans) for a crappier and uglier version.

But even without all that, do you really want to spend $140,- on something inferior to the 3DS while you're in financiel problems? Still sounds silly to me tounge.gif

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Zaibatsu

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:36 PM

QUOTE (Fireman @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 21:45)
But even without all that, do you really want to spend $140,- on something inferior to the 3DS while you're in financiel problems? Still sounds silly to me tounge.gif

Oh hell no, but.... but Pokemon Y. I must have it in anyway possible sad.gif

I don't mind the 2DS design though. It looks to be a mixed of the IPad Mini and the GBA. I'm sure I'll get used to it and be comfortable holding it.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:17 PM

Come on guys, lets go backwards.

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Zaibatsu
  • Japan

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:47 PM

The concept of target audience is something many of you seem to fail to grasp. The idea behind this was to aim at the younger crowd, who had issues with 3D not being great for kids or the perceived frailty of the hinge on the 3DS. You're a parent, the new Pokemon is coming out, if you have to buy a 3DS to play it, might as well buy the cheaper version, which is more kid friendly and cheaper, with no worries about 3D.

To those of you saying it needs hinges, that's what you have the 3DS for. You can also disable 3D on it.

@Fireman: How is it inferior? Has the same hardware, plays the same games with the same quality, with the exception of 3D, which is something that is largely under-utilized anyway.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:39 PM Edited by Fireman, 29 August 2013 - 09:44 PM.

QUOTE (Tchuck @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 20:47)
@Fireman: How is it inferior? Has the same hardware, plays the same games with the same quality, with the exception of 3D, which is something that is largely under-utilized anyway.

Well remove the exception and there you have it tounge.gif

I guess it's mainly about the price for me, to me if I really want something that's going to cost me more than $100 I'm not going too look to specific about 40 dollars more or less. The $40 just doesn't seem worth the removal of 3D and removal of a foldable, easier to carry 3DS (which also doesn't collect dust on the screen 24/7).

I guess I'm just willing to spend more rather than less (which is normal I assume), if it's something I really want.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users