Quantcast

» «
Photo

What ethnicity will you aim for?

105 replies to this topic

Poll: What ethnicity will you make your char? (365 member(s) have cast votes)

What ethnicity will you make your char?

1. Arabic (9 votes [2.62%])

Percentage of vote: 2.62%

2. Black (63 votes [18.37%])

Percentage of vote: 18.37%

3. Asian (Chinese/Jap) (13 votes [3.79%])

Percentage of vote: 3.79%

4. Asian Indian (5 votes [1.46%])

Percentage of vote: 1.46%

5. Mediterranean (11 votes [3.21%])

Percentage of vote: 3.21%

6. Redneck American (12 votes [3.50%])

Percentage of vote: 3.50%

7. Eastern European (9 votes [2.62%])

Percentage of vote: 2.62%

8. White (170 votes [49.56%])

Percentage of vote: 49.56%

9. Caribbean (16 votes [4.66%])

Percentage of vote: 4.66%

10. Mix (35 votes [10.20%])

Percentage of vote: 10.20%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Docfaustino
  • Docfaustino

#stopmonsanto

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:16 PM

Neapolitan Italian.

maloy82
  • maloy82

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:32 PM

pheww im staying out of this one, but I am proud to be irish and always will be, but that's all that ill say about that.
  • IrishRed88 likes this

Ertrick36
  • Ertrick36

Sole Survivor

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:04 PM

QUOTE (ShinobiFixer @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 19:14)
QUOTE (Crimewave @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 11:23)
QUOTE (Gst0395 @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 04:50)
White I suppose, which I am in real life. Maybe I should make my character a redneck for a laugh.
I am seriously glad I am not white, not racist, but I would hate myself if I was for all the sh*t white people did to the Native Americans, blacks, and all the other races in the history of this Planet still to this day.

I'm sorry, but why should I be ashamed to be white? I agree that historically they've committed some racist atrocities, but it's not like most whites today have any responsibility for that. All races and ethnicities have committed cruel human atrocities throughout history. No, I'm not racist and I'm not some "white power" fanatic, I just don't see a reason for being ashamed of what race I am.

Oh jeeezshus Please don't start this debate. Shinobifixer quit being so ignorant as if your race doesn't have its own major issues. Gst0395, there's nothing wrong with white pride. Stop letting others shame you for being responsible for things you had/have no control over. it's a GAME. Be who you f*cking want.

Obviously the white people are winning in this thread, they had to kill a lot of us historically and with numbers, invention of guns...... not with warrior skills. rolleyes.gif

I mean, look at 'Murica. White people had to come by the millions to get to where it is now. Millions of dead Indians and sh*t. What is this thread even about???

White pride?

I honestly don't give half a f*ck about what my race is when I make a character in a game. You people who want everyone to play as their own race want to call me weird or vicarious for playing a different race than my own, fine. Just don't expect me to carry those labels around.

thedkexperience
  • thedkexperience

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:19 PM

I'm an Irish, Puerto Rican from New Jersey who's really white. That'll do!

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:05 AM

QUOTE (ShinobiFixer @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 19:14)
Obviously the white people are winning in this thread, they had to kill a lot of us historically and with numbers, invention of guns...... not with warrior skills. rolleyes.gif

I mean, look at 'Murica. White people had to come by the millions to get to where it is now. Millions of dead Indians and sh*t. What is this thread even about???

Wow, do you really have some kind of grudge against white people because of genocidal acts they happened to commit over hundred of years ago? I'm not racist against anyone, but you're being pretty racist yourself mate. I agree they were sick and inhumane acts, but I don't see a reason to have white guilt for it.
  • IrishRed88 likes this

Ertrick36
  • Ertrick36

Sole Survivor

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:53 AM

Stupid race arguments...

You internet people can't simply just answer a damn poll about race without getting into some kind of political argument. And seriously, I think both sides are rather ignorant. If we really wanted equality, we would start by not treating others differently for being part of different ethnic groups, whether or not those ethnic groups did some terrible sh*t to our own ethnic groups. Being white doesn't make me an atrocious slaver (note: African leaders were also slavers during the slave trade), being Asian doesn't make you a samurai or really good at math (there's this Chinese-American girl I know who isn't terribly good at math), being Native American doesn't make you a tribal, being black doesn't make you a common criminal (this is more a stereotype in the Deep South of the U.S.A.), and being a woman doesn't make you a repressed housekeeper.

All these race arguments really are are just a bunch of carefully concocted logical fallacies that have the sole purpose of demeaning those of different races, and it disappoints me that racism, an outdated ideal that should only ever be held in the hands of crazy cultists (unless you believe the KKK isn't a cult confused.gif ), still persists this strongly. I understand the minorities of America being upset, but an eye-for-an-eye is not the answer to your problems. Rockstar told us this too well in GTA IV with the story of Niko Bellic and how his devotion to revenge ends up not giving him the satisfaction in life he needs.

ITSLOCBABY
  • ITSLOCBABY

Biker

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:59 AM

QUOTE (Huge Zits @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 00:18)
Lots of white people up in here. nervous.gif

In honor of Wu Zi Mu, I'm going with Asian.

Yes! ^^^^^^^

My guy will look exactly like The Undertaker....

Crackin' heads
Burying the dead

All upon my custom chopper

Rest... In... Peace

DrAnomalous
  • DrAnomalous

Disfavored Veracity

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:47 AM

I'm gonna be a straight up beaner para que me la pelen hijos de su perra puta madre.

user posted image

TheDunechaser
  • TheDunechaser

=AoD= Associate

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:55 AM

Dominicano! ( Ya tu sabes! )

I'm joining the greats!

Luis Lopez, Victor Vance, Lance Vance!

Ertrick36
  • Ertrick36

Sole Survivor

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:37 AM

QUOTE (Sinz86irocblk @ Friday, Aug 30 2013, 03:47)
I'm gonna be a straight up beaner para que me la pelen hijos de su perra puta madre.

user posted image

lol.gif

That's so f*cking hilarious! You made me smile this day smile.gif

giraffeboy
  • giraffeboy

Thug

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:00 PM

Yeah Shinobi, I'm so ashamed of being white and what my ancestors did I make sure to black myself up before I go out sarcasm.gif

ReconzVenture
  • ReconzVenture

Eccentric Raver

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:15 PM

QUOTE (ShinobiFixer @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 10:26)
I also do not see why people would pick any other race besides their own either. I mean, even in Skyrim I picked the race that closely resembled Asians. The wood elves and sh*t.

I am seriously glad I am not white, not racist, but I would hate myself if I was for all the sh*t white people did to the Native Americans, blacks, and all the other races in the history of this Planet still to this day.

So I can see why some white folks would choose to be something else.

Wow double standards much?

"I'm Asian and proud" Good for you.
"I'm Black ad proud" That's nice.
"I'm White and proud" Racist asswipe.

That's essentially what you're saying, go f*ck yourself.
Oh and saying "not racist", and then saying something racist afterwards makes no difference. It was still racist.
  • rex84 likes this

EseJoker_VLA_ 90
  • EseJoker_VLA_ 90

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:46 PM

why didn't you put a mexican or latino choice? it's all good though..i'll pretend i never noticed that. anyways i'll be making my character mexican if possible..

DrAnomalous
  • DrAnomalous

Disfavored Veracity

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE (Ertrick36 @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 23:37)
QUOTE (Sinz86irocblk @ Friday, Aug 30 2013, 03:47)

user posted image

lol.gif

That's so f*cking hilarious! You made me smile this day smile.gif

Always happy to deliver a smile. colgate.gif

SausageInACan
  • SausageInACan

كافر

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:07 PM

WHITE POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • rex84 and XxNighTxHawKxX like this

Mr. Smoke
  • Mr. Smoke

Stalin doesn't like spoilers.

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:28 PM

I'll do a fat guy looking like Freddie Mercury.

BrazilianGirl
  • BrazilianGirl

◕‿‿◕

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:43 PM

QUOTE (SausageInACan @ Friday, Aug 30 2013, 20:07)
WHITE POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!

typical racist behind the internet

user posted image

yes it's a picture of you

BrazilianGirl
  • BrazilianGirl

◕‿‿◕

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:46 PM

Me, I'll be a japanese because my parents are from Japan. ph34r.gif

BallinOutOfMind
  • BallinOutOfMind

Baller by day, baller by night.

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:42 PM

As close to Tamil brown dude as possible.

vincentmillidge
  • vincentmillidge

vincent millidge III

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:06 PM

Gonna go for a race as close to my own as is humanly possible, fair hair, blue eyes, square jawed and handsome as f.u.c.k thoroughly anglo saxon bitches!

Gonna be one bad ass english/irish mother f.u.c.k.e.r.

I find it quite strange that some one would create their online character as anything other than their own race, thats weird to me.... but i'm sure there are a fair few embarrassing little white boys who wish they wer black so fair enough if you wanna live a lie on GTA Online. no skin off my nose.

• rex84 and IrishRed88 like this

BrazilianGirl
  • BrazilianGirl

◕‿‿◕

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:31 AM Edited by ynashimitsu, 31 August 2013 - 12:39 AM.

QUOTE (vincentmillidge @ Friday, Aug 30 2013, 23:06)
Gonna go for a race as close to my own as is humanly possible, fair hair, blue eyes, square jawed and handsome as f.u.c.k thoroughly anglo saxon bitches!

I find it quite strange that some one would create their online character as anything other than their own race, thats weird to me.... but i'm sure there are a fair few embarrassing little white boys who wish they wer black so fair enough if you wanna live a lie on GTA Online. no skin off my nose.

there's nothing weird about a white kid wanting to create a black character, many people like CJ, or black gangs and brotherhood. If that's living a lie so is your ''handsome'' guy because you most be one ugly mother f˙cker who wanted to look like that. And that's the fun of videogames, you can live like if you were someone else. I mean I can't blow up cars in real life because I wouldn't like taking people's lives for no reason like that. But I can do this in a videogame. I won't rob banks in real life, but I will do this in videogames.

btw I'm not creating an asian guy because I'm asian, I'm creating an asian guy because I am creating myself.

spurs1993
  • spurs1993

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:06 AM

QUOTE (SuperDuperGta @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 13:33)
Would like to hear what ethnicity you'd make your character.

I think I'd find myself making a mixed race Black/white man, despite being a skinny white boy myself

Arabic is the language you mean to say Arab

Undertaker13
  • Undertaker13

I'm not bullsh*tting!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:17 AM

Hispanic

FR_Player-One
  • FR_Player-One

Pew Pew Pew - - -

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:28 PM

QUOTE (vincentmillidge @ Friday, Aug 30 2013, 23:06)

I remember on Def Jam Fight for New York, on PS2, a friend and I created around 16 characters. From very white to very black. All had a different style, ethnicity, clothes, etc and we appreciated them all in in their own way.

There were street fighters, Russians, UFC fighters (black and white), a skater, one chinese master, younger asians, a black football player (american football, not soccer), tae kwon do twins, a Jama´can, a tall black afro-american (with an afro hair cut lol) basket ball player, and more again.

And we both are white.

So what ?

It's not always about identifying yourself as your character. It's also creating someone (a character by definition) from scratch, unique, with style that you appreciate in a certain universe/world in game.

(btw we couldn't create females, but if we could, we sure would have created a few)

At the end it's just like customizing a car in game, you won't try to make your real car. You will make and customize others as well, even better cars, to make it how you like and fit the environment you're playing in. You will even have many.
I don't see the difference between customizing a car and a character. It's exactly the same.

fridaynightscream
  • fridaynightscream

Just an average gamer.

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:52 PM

I'm White but I'm doing African American because in every video game I've played where you create a character its a White guy, so this will be refreshing.

Vagos MC
  • Vagos MC

Playa

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:56 PM

QUOTE (ynashimitsu @ Friday, Aug 30 2013, 20:43)
QUOTE (SausageInACan @ Friday, Aug 30 2013, 20:07)
WHITE POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!

typical racist behind the internet

How was he being racist? All he said was "White Power". I don't find that racist. He is also white and white people do have power, as do black people.
  • rex84 and IrishRed88 like this

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 02:29 PM

A spic or a gook.

Though I wouldn't want a mix of them, just one or the other. In the end I'd probably choose spic.

danik18
  • danik18

DYOM User

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 August 2013 - 02:35 PM

I will do a remake of this guy :
user posted image

gta5freemode4eva
  • gta5freemode4eva

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:29 PM Edited by gta5freemode4eva, 31 August 2013 - 08:31 PM.

racist joke deleted icon14.gif

Dan McChill
  • Dan McChill

Grove Street's Keeper

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:27 PM

A blonde african-asian-american.

Kidding, i'm going to make myself and i'm white.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users