Online property purchasing

23 replies to this topic
henriquedematos
  • henriquedematos

Proud member of the SA Pfister Owners Club™

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:39 AM

Let's suppose I purchase one of the many houses online. I stay there for a while during the time I play, collecting cars and stocking them in my garage, hanging out with some of my friends, maybe killing one intruder or two, etc, until I eventually get out of the game.

So, how will it work when I decide to load it again? What if I end up getting into a game where someone else has purchased that same house in the world? Will we have to share the house or will one of us be kicked or something?

Roevia
  • Roevia

• Members

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:41 AM

supposedly its like a different dimension, so you enter your house you enter a world if someone else has the same house they enter their own dimension (get it?)
thats whats been being said

blowtorchrepair
  • blowtorchrepair

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:41 AM

you'll have to share houses and wash the other person's dishes... that's life...

EvilFuture
  • EvilFuture

To Harm and Withhold™

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:42 AM

I'm guessing if you leave, then it saves it, and whenever your the match creator, it will spawn you at your house. So, if another person is the party leader, it will spawn at their house instead of yours.

cmichaelson
  • cmichaelson

Respect

• Members

I wondering the same thing, they didn't really clear that up with anyone.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

For the 20th time you'll probably have the option to be moved to your own apartment if someone else is in one just like yours. I doubt that if someone else owns the same property that they won't be able to go into theirs.

Roevia
  • Roevia

• Members

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:43 AM

QUOTE (blowtorchrepair @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 11:41)
you'll have to share houses and wash the other person's dishes... that's life...

JEEZ POP! Why do I have to wash the dishes with your roommates during this mid-life crisis crap!

PSN-NEFSTAR
  • PSN-NEFSTAR

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:46 AM

I'm curious also. they said you can only have one property at a time. so if i have a garage full of my cars and want to buy a new place, what happens to my cars that are stored ? where do they go and how do i transfer them from one place to another when i can only own one property

Forzum
  • Forzum

Fossy

• Members

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:47 AM Edited by Forzum, 28 August 2013 - 11:58 AM.

You have your own "universe" and everytime you buy something in another players "universe", it gets transferred to your's. What you buy will always be there for you when it comes to apartments/houses and garages no matter if you buy them in your "universe" or theirs, but not vehicles since they can be stolen.

Forzum
  • Forzum

Fossy

• Members

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:52 AM

QUOTE (PSN-NEFSTAR @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 12:46)
I'm curious also. they said you can only have one property at a time. so if i have a garage full of my cars and want to buy a new place, what happens to my cars that are stored ? where do they go and how do i transfer them from one place to another when i can only own one property

I think garages will be bought separately from apartments/houses, meaning if you buy a new apartment/house you will still have the same garage.
And if you were to "upgrade" your garage to hold more vehicles I believe it would move with all your current cars already in it.

henriquedematos
  • henriquedematos

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:52 AM

QUOTE (Forzum @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 11:47)
What you buy will always be there for you when it comes to apartments/houses and garages no matter if you buy them in your "universe" or theirs, but not vehicles since they can be stolen.

So, that means the cars in my garage will simply disappear? mercie_blink.gif

tsylus
  • tsylus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:54 AM

Its called an "instance" in WoW. Same thing. Look it up, it really isn't that complicated.

Forzum
  • Forzum

Fossy

• Members

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:55 AM

QUOTE (henriquedematos @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 12:52)
What you buy will always be there for you when it comes to apartments/houses and garages no matter if you buy them in your "universe" or theirs, but not vehicles since they can be stolen.

I believe that only you can enter your garage, no one else, there will probably be a small loading when you enter it, so as long as you have them in your garage I think they can't be stolen, but if they were to be stolen when you free roam and you don't have any insurance on it, then it's gone.

EDSTEROK
  • EDSTEROK

Going to Los Santos

• Members

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:57 AM

The cars should just magically appear in whatever new place you get. It would be silly if you had to drive them individually lol They might as well make you get a moving van and haul your crap to your new place too!

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Semi-Retired Forum Junkie

• Members
  • England

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:59 AM

This again?

I mean really, it's not that hard to work out. suicidal.gif

EDSTEROK
  • EDSTEROK

Going to Los Santos

• Members

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:06 PM

QUOTE (Forzum @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 07:55)
QUOTE (henriquedematos @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 12:52)

I believe that only you can enter your garage, no one else, there will probably be a small loading when you enter it, so as long as you have them in your garage I think they can't be stolen, but if they were to be stolen when you free roam and you don't have any insurance on it, then it's gone.

They said your car can't be stolen online. Destroyed, yes. Stolen no. Im assuming it will just spawn in your garage if someone thinks it would be fun to RPG your ride.

henriquedematos
  • henriquedematos

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:20 PM

QUOTE (EDSTEROK @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 12:06)
They said your car can't be stolen online. Destroyed, yes. Stolen no.

Wow. You serious?

But... The game is called Grand Theft Auto...

How can it possibly... I mean...

Seriously?

Is that some stupid measure so no one can get the CE vehicles?

bored.gif

zalanith
  • zalanith

I <3 R*

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:58 PM

remember that source saying outer and interior los santos is big as hell (lazy lurk for the source)

just imagine those can be accessed in MP or GTA:O , like they do in IV (thanks to mod) - now they make interior more functional (as crib , property or what ever) than left unused.

but , i cant imagine how it can handle that much player. and cant imagine , when the house get higher price (since it is limited or not - some might sell it up to 2 million a house , if they can do it - but will this happen????)

GTA:O , oh my - mind blown

GM Inc
  • GM Inc

Get Money Industries

• Members

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:07 PM

QUOTE (tsylus @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 11:54)
Its called an "instance" in WoW. Same thing. Look it up, it really isn't that complicated.

this guy is spot on the apartments will be instanced

Remizov
  • Remizov

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:09 PM

I think it will work much like Test Drive Unlimited 2 or like the guys above said like lots of MMORPGs with instances of the same area...

Kuntman_Mike
  • Kuntman_Mike

Deathproof

• Members

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:10 PM

I think, and hope, it's like in Test Drive Unlimited 2. One aspect of that game that actually worked well.

henriquedematos
  • henriquedematos

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:39 PM Edited by henriquedematos, 28 August 2013 - 01:44 PM.

QUOTE (Kuntman_Mike @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 13:10)
I think, and hope, it's like in Test Drive Unlimited 2. One aspect of that game that actually worked well.

How did it work in TDU2? I got bored with that game right in the first race... confused.gif

blowtorchrepair
  • blowtorchrepair

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:04 PM

QUOTE (Roevia @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 11:43)
QUOTE (blowtorchrepair @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 11:41)

JEEZ POP! Why do I have to wash the dishes with your roommates during this mid-life crisis crap!

nah... 40 is the new 12

anyway, I have wondered how future GTA online could be (next gen) with possibly entire hi-rise apartment buildings having every unit up for purchase, as well as most houses, such that you would rarely get into a game with other players who occupy the same piece of property as you...

Kuntman_Mike
  • Kuntman_Mike

Deathproof

• Members

Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:15 PM

QUOTE (henriquedematos @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 15:39)
QUOTE (Kuntman_Mike @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 13:10)

How did it work in TDU2? I got bored with that game right in the first race... confused.gif

It's like many others have mentioned in this thread, with instances... there's a set number of properties available to buy throughout the map, and when two people buy the same house, they aren't in the same instance anymore... or something like that. I haven't fully researched the mechanics behind it in TDU2, so I only know what it feels like playing it, and it seemed to work well.

But again, I don't think TDU2 had any massive number of concurrent players ever playing at the same time, it's interest faded quite rapidly due to sh*tty car handling and poor story and NPC implementation... among other things tounge.gif In GTA V I think this might be more of a problem, if too many people are excluded from playing on the same server just because they all own the same farm in Blaine County..? Aah, I dunno'. We'll see!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users