• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 4 weeks ago

...how this mod depends on the good will of a literal ghost to carry on.

If Sal's account/theory is to be believed, then the files are lost and the only thing of the mod that exists are the models that you, braindawg, speccy, and others whose names I'm probably forgetting were working at. As far as the "work of a lot of people gathering dust" goes, there isn't anything keeping them from releasing what they have on their own (assuming they still have the files), but don't act like OH MAN NOW ALL OUR WORKS GONE TO WASTE AND NOBODY WILL ENJOY IT when there's nothing keeping you from releasing it for the pleasure of others. 

Mega
  • Mega

hi

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 4 weeks ago

Releasing stuff separately for me is a last resort thing. We made some stuff specifically for the total conversion. Not with base VC in mind.

In my opinion, the best solution would be to start a separate project using what we do have. That would need the approval of everyone in the team to use their assets in the "reboot" project.

Considering BEGINit became one with nature, that is.
  • -Anti-, Speccy, turbocharger and 1 other like this

SaL_Leone
  • SaL_Leone

The Don

• Members
  • None
  • Best Total Overhaul 2016 [Shine o' Vice]
    Best WIP Mod 2014 [Grand Theft Auto 3D]

Posted 4 weeks ago

can you ask him if he ever plans to return on the work of this mod?

Already tried from many different profiles but as I already said, he COMPLETELY ignored me

I find this thread very amusing, as Shine O' Vice has just become a joke.

GG 

R.I.P Shine O' Vice 2013 - 2017

Shine O' Vice is NOT dead!
With BEGINit or not, its going to be released.
  • -Anti-, Speccy, Blackbird88 and 8 others like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Members
  • United-States
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 4 weeks ago

can you ask him if he ever plans to return on the work of this mod?

Already tried from many different profiles but as I already said, he COMPLETELY ignored me

He's acting like the kind of people you meet on dating sites and you two go out once and then they cut all ties with you. Maybe he feels like he doesn't want to continue modding anymore, like how the aforementioned people don't feel like associating with you anymore?

A contrived example but plausible nonetheless.

Cpt. Rookie
  • Cpt. Rookie

Player Hater

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 4 weeks ago

In the last years there was a lot of cases when BeginIT replyed to Speccy's messages in months, for example. I'd say this is his personality trait, like, fully dedicating himself to one thing at a time or something. I'm not the one in charge here, but I'd say the best way is Sal privately giving BeginIT's facebook page and other known contacts to Speccy. And then Speccy writes a single informative message explaining the situation and mentioning the amount of work done in the last year, asking for his guidance.

Speccy
  • Speccy

Tool

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

I agree with Sal.

We came to the reasonable consensus that we would wait patiently until September, which is right around the corner.

I absolutely still have all my assets, as well as access to the majority of those by other team members. It seems certain, that at this point, BEGINit is not able to complete his work or is unwilling to continue. Exploring the reasons for his dissapearance won't get us any further. We have the result - months without progress and no information. I suggest trying to contact and convince him to entrust the script with the team, regardless of how far he's gotten with it. It really doesn't matter if there are issues, bugs and inconsistencies, all that matters is the existence of any form of that script.

A lot of combined effort has gone into this 'project'. Throughout the years, we've been compasionate and understanding towards BEGINit, respected his wishes, and attended to his requests. It's only fair that he treats us with the same respect now. In any other circumstance ...

Releasing stuff separately for me is a last resort thing. We made some stuff specifically for the total conversion. Not with base VC in mind.

In my opinion, the best solution would be to start a separate project using what we do have. That would need the approval of everyone in the team to use their assets in the "reboot" project.

Considering BEGINit became one with nature, that is.

Sal, if you're reading this, please PM me the contact information.

• -Anti-, Frank.s, Blackbird88 and 9 others like this

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

R.I.P.ingPang

• Feroci
  • None
  • Best Total Overhaul 2016 [Shine o' Vice] [Contribution]

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Frank.s, 4 weeks ago.

Random question for the team, are you all working on the DropBox version or some different copy of the mod? Just wondering because if you have been playing the DB version of the mod, how is it like for stability? Last thing i remember i got it to work totally crash-free, is that still the case? I remember BEGINIT said my fixed version (the DB version) was bugged because his script would crash on it but that was because his script was loading assets that didn't exist and he didn't debug the code to find out what objects were needed. On it's own (or with bug-free code) the map + cars + peds + everything works fine don't they? Any crashes or bugs?

Needless to say, i give you guys permission to use anything i contributed (which i believe was more leg-work fixing the map crashes than actual map content creation, but hey-ho).

• Blackbird88, Mega, SaL_Leone and 8 others like this

JDaster
  • JDaster

That 27.5 million pound bastard bag of sh*te Belgian flop

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 3 weeks ago

Mod's anniversary it's here in 2 days. Let's see if BEGINIt remembers that date or something and brings us some informations.
I believe he is going to come back, because if he has a Smartphone with Mail Notifications he probably knows and came to this page, even offline.
  • WillzyyyGTA and Ivan1997GTA like this

JackProductions
  • JackProductions

Running in the 80s

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

VCnptMW.jpg

• WillzyyyGTA, Frank.s, Blackbird88 and 20 others like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Members
  • United-States
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 3 weeks ago

I thought that was a dude in a space helmet in the background
  • Blackbird88, ClaudX, deltaCJ and 1 other like this

Ivan1997GTA
  • Ivan1997GTA

Proud to Be Loud

• Facade Corporation
  • Russia

Posted 3 weeks ago

Mod's anniversary it's here in 2 days. Let's see if BEGINIt remembers that date or something and brings us some informations.
I believe he is going to come back, because if he has a Smartphone with Mail Notifications he probably knows and came to this page, even offline.

I'm sure he'll surprise us when he comes back.

JDaster
  • JDaster

That 27.5 million pound bastard bag of sh*te Belgian flop

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by JDaster, 2 weeks ago.

So, we are in September. What are you gonna do?
P.S: If BEGINIt returns this week, I'm going to listen Remove Kebab Perfect Loop for 2 hours, mark my words!
  • deltaCJ, DidSomebodySayYouga, Ivan1997GTA and 1 other like this

Stierlitz
  • Stierlitz

lcs peren is the real peren

• Members
  • Russia
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground]

Posted A week ago

P.S: If BEGINIt returns this week, I'm going to listen Remove Kebab Perfect Loop for 2 hours, mark my words!

looks like you're off the hook

• universetwisters and Ivan1997GTA like this

Speccy
  • Speccy

Tool

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by Speccy, A week ago.

I'm fed up with this nonsense. Glad Sal and I are on the same page, though. I've thought about it and have decided to release all 5 car packs here sometime before the end of the month, unless BEGINit personally reaches out to me not to. *edit - all contributing authors will be given credit for their work!

I guess after that, we can have an open discussion regarding the map. If anyone wants to volunteer coding some missions, now is the time. We can ignore secondary objectives for the time being, focus on the main storyline and put together some 10-15 missions. If there's someone who can do a decent job, I would create a seperate topic dedicated to suggestions where you guys would post your ideas for missions and the most popular ones would be directly passed onto the coder. Could be some good fun, but it does seem a little overambitious. Not impossible, though!

If we end up with at least 5 playable missions, we can go ahead and reboot the topic. We'd have to contact Braindawg regarding his peds, but for now we must focus on getting started with an alternative story.

This is certainly not a definite plan and we'll see where it takes us and regardless, you can expect a cars release in the near future.

• Frank.s, Blackbird88, Bondergomme and 12 others like this

Gamerjman19
  • Gamerjman19

I WILL SLAP YOUR SH*T

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Are we sure he didn't die?

marcinn22
  • marcinn22

General Practitioner

• Members
  • Poland

Posted A week ago Edited by marcinn22, A week ago.

Do you know any way to find out? I don't, unless you have attended his funeral or know someone who did.

Mega
  • Mega

hi

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted A week ago Edited by Mega, A week ago.

A new script would be cool. There's quite a few places me and Kalvin have been adding or considering that at this point have no objective other than visual appeal.

Like my signature. That's totally not the exterior of the cinema. Trust me.

Speaking of which, anyone who is good with photoshop or image editing in general and such that would like to make some random GTA lore friendly posters to be featured outside and inside the cinema, hit me up with a PM. Right now there's about 6 made by me, Kalvin, BlackScout and Blue. Maybe one of the threads we could open can be centered about such contributions. Because there's a lot of empty posters, inside and outside.

• Frank.s, ClaudX, Blue and 4 others like this

deltaCJ
  • deltaCJ

BUSTED!

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by deltaCJ, A week ago.

I'II be down to code, you'll just have to tell me what to do, and you're gonna have to give me access to the files.

:) I'll be looking forward to restarting this baby :)

EDIT: I'm good with Photoshop, but I'm better with real-life stuff, like manipulating objects and such, i could try if you want :/

• Mega, Ivan1997GTA, Rachel Amber and 2 others like this

Mega
  • Mega

hi

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted A week ago Edited by Mega, A week ago.

It'd be nice if you could use GTA screenshots (you can take some yourself) or photomash some renders using R* assets and such. Gives it a more genuine vibe.

Think of the LCS/MH2 ads that used SA peds and renders. Except for movie posters. I'd post examples but I don't want to really show any so you can take a look at them all for yourselves when all of this situation is sorted out.

deltaCJ
  • deltaCJ

BUSTED!

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 days ago

Alright I'll try my best

deltaCJ
  • deltaCJ

BUSTED!

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 days ago Edited by deltaCJ, 2 days ago.

@Mega : I can't really do it, if I don't know what you're talking about... Do you want me to make a screenshot type of picture?

I kinda know what you mean? But I can't do renders. 1, I don't have 3dsMax, 2.) My computer is complete trash. The only thing I can run is GTA VC, SA, III, Sanny Builder, and a trainer. That's about it.

EDIT: So you're gonna have to provide me with the renders, and the screen shots.

Mega
  • Mega

hi

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 2 days ago

Then don't worry about it mate. They don't need to be renders, remember that. You can always just use ingame shots and close-ups for that. But enough of this, let's take it to PMs.

• deltaCJ and Ivan1997GTA like this

GTAIsKoolLOL
  • GTAIsKoolLOL

Player Hater

• Members
  • American-Samoa

Posted 17 hours ago

Notify me when it's released! I wanna download it sooooooooooooo badly!

CharlesVercetti
  • CharlesVercetti

Back to the business...

• Members
  • India

Posted 17 hours ago

Speaking of which, anyone who is good with photoshop or image editing in general and such that would like to make some random GTA lore friendly posters to be featured outside and inside the cinema, hit me up with a PM. Right now there's about 6 made by me, Kalvin, BlackScout and Blue. Maybe one of the threads we could open can be centered about such contributions. Because there's a lot of empty posters, inside and outside.

Very unfortunate that I am not able to access my PC,a very avid follower of this mod since it's announcement and almost a chance to contribute to this has missed.In a week or some I might be able to work on it.And uselessly if someone completed it already in the meantime.

Higher studies the main hindrance.But studies are importance though.

• Mega and Ivan1997GTA like this

Mega
  • Mega

hi

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 13 hours ago

Don't worry about it. I haven't been modeling much lately because, as usual, college is consuming my very soul and existence. Just grab an idea and work on it a tiny bit whenever you have the chance, and I'll add it in. Plenty of space left.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users