3,996 replies to this topic
Blue
  • Blue

notatokenbunny

• Members
  • Portugal
  • Best Total Overhaul 2016 [Shine o' Vice] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2016 [Runner-up]

Posted 25 July 2017 - 11:49 PM Edited by Blue, 25 July 2017 - 11:50 PM.

16 kids? What's this, the '30s all over again?

Talking some sense into this though: the way I see it, no one that contributed to the mod wants to release anything until BEGINit's return. I, myself, believe he's as good as gone at this point... some others, however, still hope he'll return.

If Speccy or Beginit post here someday that the mod is officially dead, then we'll release what we have. Until then, calm your tits.

That's the thing though, Speccy is just as clueless about BEGINit's whereabouts so I don't think he'd be the one to make that call. Speccy is just another contributer, like some of us, except he made a f*ckton of things and made this mod what it is today.

What if BEGINit doesn't come back? WHO is gonna officially kill the mod? Or worse: what if he comes back after that decision is even made by us to see a dead project that he himself didn't even end? And to answer that question, and I say this to both the contributers and fellow followers: I absolutely understand your positions. Though I think no one is right on this matter. What Speccy said earlier is right, this thread is going through some really rough sh*t right now, and I think the best option would be to simply leave it alone and let time and fate decide what happens, unless someone decides to show progress on any contribution... and that's a different case. But if you wanna keep bragging about this matter, be wise and just don't comment on it.
  • universetwisters, Gamerjman19, Mega and 3 others like this

Braindawg
  • Braindawg

Carbon based Buffoon!!

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Best Total Overhaul 2016 [Shine o' Vice]

Posted 26 July 2017 - 02:23 PM Edited by Braindawg, 26 July 2017 - 02:24 PM.

The question is not who gets to kill the mod. The question is When/Will BEGINIT ever come back to revive it.

Cause right now I don't see it being much alive anymore.

Were not working on new stuff as much, anymore.

People fill the topic with useful suggestions like "release da content 4 months after mod is ded", bad jokes and arguements.

And everyone is pretty much waiting to see if BEGINIT will ever come back, which the team is clueless about as well.

Why not just lock the topic? If the mod is on halt for now, eventually some random user will bump this in Septermber, 2023 like "LOL WERE IS DOWNLOAD?"

Besides... BEGINIT can always request to unlock it if he comes back.

• deltaCJ, turbocharger and QaisAla like this

Blue
  • Blue

notatokenbunny

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 26 July 2017 - 02:37 PM Edited by Blue, 26 July 2017 - 02:38 PM.

If the question is when BEGINit comes back, then I guess that's something no one, except he himself, can answer. You'll always get two different versions for it anyway: he will come back, have faith guys! or that he's as good as dead.

Well, I remember suggesting a lock a few pages ago but Speccy seemed really skeptical about the idea. You make a point though, if he ever comes back he can always request an actual unlock. Why not go for it? The topic barely has anything relevant anyway (which is sad).
  • universetwisters and Ivan1997GTA like this

turbocharger
  • turbocharger

ne peri na ruke

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 26 July 2017 - 03:54 PM

After Beginit, Speccy has the most authority to declare the mod dead, that's all I meant by that.
To be honest, I think you've too much time on your hands and are overthinking everything. As I said earlier in the topic, this kind of discussion is not going to change anything, so there's really no reason to discuss it any further.

All in all, locking the topic would be a good idea because people will bring this up repeatedly, but then again Mega and Kalvin are working on some stuff and they're going to post about it when they finish, so maybe a lock wouldn't be wise. What would be wise, is to cut the sh*t and wait. Who cares if he doesn't show up? If he does, even better. Find something to distract yourself and wait, no harm done.
  • Mega and Ivan1997GTA like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Facade
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 26 July 2017 - 05:33 PM

...but then again Mega and Kalvin are working on some stuff and they're going to post about it when they finish, so maybe a lock wouldn't be wise...

There's no reason why they can't make their own thread for their map stuff js

Mega
  • Mega

hi

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 26 July 2017 - 06:02 PM

Well that's just plain stupid. What we're doing is part of the mod, it belongs here. What doesn't belong here is the endless bitching.
  • -Anti-, Blackbird88, R4gN0r0K and 7 others like this

Blue
  • Blue

notatokenbunny

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 26 July 2017 - 06:20 PM

...but then again Mega and Kalvin are working on some stuff and they're going to post about it when they finish, so maybe a lock wouldn't be wise...

There's no reason why they can't make their own thread for their map stuff js

That would be valid if the thread was closed and the mod was dead.

• Jinx., Mega and Ivan1997GTA like this

deltaCJ
  • deltaCJ

Davy Jones' Sock

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 26 July 2017 - 07:07 PM

Okay... So this is my last post, of this off topic discussion, but lets say that we wait for Mega and Kalvin, and everyone to finish the things they are doing...

What do we do then?

On topic: How's the Cinema going?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Facade
  • United-States
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 26 July 2017 - 07:19 PM

Well that's just plain stupid. What we're doing is part of the mod, it belongs here. What doesn't belong here is the endless bitching.

Lets just hope that beginit comes back once you finish it so the work doesn't go to waste then.

Mega
  • Mega

hi

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 26 July 2017 - 07:26 PM

Cinema exterior is done and textured, interior just needs some improvements.

Once we're done with what we're doing currently, then we'll find something else to work on until we get bored or feel like it's enough. By then, something is bound to happen.
  • -Anti-, BlackScout, turbocharger and 3 others like this

Mr. Myriad
  • Mr. Myriad

Thug

• Members

Posted 27 July 2017 - 12:36 AM

Mega, where does that picture under your comments come from? from what mod or game? 

• Mega and deltaCJ like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Facade
  • United-States
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 27 July 2017 - 02:37 AM

Driv3r.

• Mr. Myriad, Mega, deltaCJ and 2 others like this

Mega
  • Mega

hi

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 27 July 2017 - 02:38 AM

Yeah, like UT said. Took it with the replay editor from Driv3r.

• Mr. Myriad, deltaCJ and Ivan1997GTA like this

Mr. Myriad
  • Mr. Myriad

Thug

• Members

Posted 27 July 2017 - 10:04 AM Edited by Mr. Myriad, 27 July 2017 - 10:04 AM.

Universetwisters and Mega, thanks a lot.)

• universetwisters and Mega like this

BigHomie
  • BigHomie

Rat

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 03 August 2017 - 06:55 PM Edited by BigHomie, 04 August 2017 - 08:35 PM.

Is this the longest hiatus BeginIt has been on? Or has he been gone for longer?

FujiwaraTofuShop
  • FujiwaraTofuShop

Initial D 2nd stage made me cri :(

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 August 2017 - 12:09 PM Edited by FujiwaraTofuShop, 09 August 2017 - 04:46 PM.

Ok, so I have just read about 60 pages from this topic ( I haven't been here since like Page 66 :v) and up until around page 10X everything was fine, and everyone was chugging out their fine accompishments, then someone realised "Hey BEGINit hasn't been here for a billion Milleniums, where is he?" and then everything started going downhill from there.

I hope all the best for the team for all their future decisions about release and stuff... I'm not really the kind of guy who can write long paragraphs so i'll put the long story short and say that I think it would be best to just wait until he returns as everyone is in a state of panic so I suggest that this topic should be kept 'quiet' (If that makes sense? :| ) and be used to post progress until BEGINit returns. I think I'm right in saying I'm just as restless just as the rest of you guys.

Good day :)

• Frank.s, Braindawg, Mega and 7 others like this

marco886
  • marco886

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 August 2017 - 09:38 AM Edited by marco886, 19 August 2017 - 09:41 AM.

You can't declare this mod dead!

I have been waiting for this mod since summer 2015!! (It was still 26 pages back then)

I remember all the posts, all the work, all the passion by Speccy and the other members. All the maps, the vehicle, very focused and passionate project.

If it turns out like Vice City Stories PC Editions, then that's a shame.

Guess I'll go play GTA V. (I still have hope though, I can't give up on this mod, not after all this).

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

FujiwaraTofuShop
  • FujiwaraTofuShop

Initial D 2nd stage made me cri :(

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 August 2017 - 08:34 PM

We never did declare this mod dead... Read my post above smh

• Blackbird88, Mega, deltaCJ and 2 others like this

Stierlitz
  • Stierlitz

lcs peren is the real peren

• Members
  • Russia
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground]

Posted 20 August 2017 - 09:48 PM

He's not coming back, and I'm not even talking about him logging onto the forum. It's obvious this project has been ditched on his part, for unknown reasons at least. So even if he does come back, who's to say he won't just give the same bullsh*t he did last time? Keep the supposedly 99.99% (it's true if I say it is) finished script for himself and vanish again without a trace.

6 months of him completely absent and 2 months of no progress so far. Factor in the last time he was gone and we have a full year of stagnation. How many more of these indecisive periods before everyone just gives up?

You've put too much hope into this guy, and too much effort into this project. The mod is dying and has become a running joke at this point. It's time to decide something soon, now or never.

Talking won't do anything, I know. But Speccy and the other contributors have full control over this. Script or not.
  • Jinx., universetwisters, deltaCJ and 2 others like this

BigHomie
  • BigHomie

Rat

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 21 August 2017 - 11:10 AM

My thoughts, for what they are worth

Spoiler
  • Ivan1997GTA likes this

marco886
  • marco886

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 August 2017 - 03:17 PM

I for one refuse to consider it dead, not after all this.

We should storm Beginit's inbox.

I remember when they said the mod is gonna be released before christmas 2016, good times :)

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Facade
  • United-States
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 21 August 2017 - 03:54 PM

We should storm Beginit's inbox.

Unless he gets a kick in the ass every time he gets a message, that's not gonna do anything. Plus, even if he does come back, I doubt he wants to sift through dozens of HAI IZ MOD DED PLS COME BACK RMEMEBER 99.9% DUN!?!?!? messages just to get to those Mega & Speccy probably left for him about actual progress, etc.

• Blackbird88 and Ivan1997GTA like this

BigHomie
  • BigHomie

Rat

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 21 August 2017 - 04:51 PM

Storming might help if he checks the email linked to his forum account. But if he does, why wouldn't he come on here?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Facade
  • United-States
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 21 August 2017 - 04:54 PM

Storming might help if he checks the email linked to his forum account. But if he does, why wouldn't he come on here?

He could've disabled the thing where it emails you saying HEY YOU GOT A PM or changed email addresses

• Blackbird88 likes this

SaL_Leone
  • SaL_Leone

The Don

• Members
  • None
  • Best Total Overhaul 2016 [Shine o' Vice]
    Best WIP Mod 2014 [Grand Theft Auto 3D]

Posted 21 August 2017 - 07:15 PM Edited by SaL_Leone, 21 August 2017 - 07:20 PM.

So the last time I talked with BEGINit was on 17th January.He asked me to re-do the Moist Palm hotel because we lost its files.I told him that I'll remake it soon and asked him if he needs anything else.He saw the message but never answered it.
Recently, after some time of searching, I found him on Facebook with some informations and profile picure I saw on his Skype account.I asked him to explain me what happened, but he completely ignored me...
I'm guessing that something serious happened, that he lost files or something, because I don't see other reason why would somebody after all, dissapear just like that...without saying anything...
  • Speccy, Blackbird88, Jinx. and 5 others like this

Stierlitz
  • Stierlitz

lcs peren is the real peren

• Members
  • Russia
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground]

Posted 21 August 2017 - 08:02 PM Edited by Stierlitz, 21 August 2017 - 08:03 PM.

BEGINIT BUT HE NEVER FINISHıT
  • Speccy, Silent, Jinx. and 9 others like this

marco886
  • marco886

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 August 2017 - 08:44 PM Edited by marco886, 21 August 2017 - 08:45 PM.

So the last time I talked with BEGINit was on 17th January.He asked me to re-do the Moist Palm hotel because we lost its files.I told him that I'll remake it soon and asked him if he needs anything else.He saw the message but never answered it.
Recently, after some time of searching, I found him on Facebook with some informations and profile picure I saw on his Skype account.I asked him to explain me what happened, but he completely ignored me...
I'm guessing that something serious happened, that he lost files or something, because I don't see other reason why would somebody after all, dissapear just like that...without saying anything...

Oh tell him good luck from me in whatever he's enduring. Can you ask him if he really lost the files? If no,

Can you tell him to check on the forum, and see our dedication to his work?

And the last serious question, can you ask him if he ever plans to return on the work of this mod?

deltaCJ
  • deltaCJ

Davy Jones' Sock

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 21 August 2017 - 09:53 PM Edited by deltaCJ, 21 August 2017 - 09:54 PM.

I find this thread very amusing, as Shine O' Vice has just become a joke.

GG 

R.I.P Shine O' Vice 2013 - 2017

Mega
  • Mega

hi

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 21 August 2017 - 09:58 PM

The mod isn't really the joke here. Nothing to laugh about it, unless the work of a lot of people gathering dust is somehow hilarious to you.

But it is the bad kind of joke how this mod depends on the good will of a literal ghost to carry on.
  • Blackbird88 and turbocharger like this

.Bach
  • .Bach

λ

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 August 2017 - 10:04 PM Edited by .Bach, 21 August 2017 - 10:04 PM.

I'm guessing BEGINit just got tired of the mod.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users