VC WIP
3,676 replies to this topic
-Anti-
  • -Anti-

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 days ago

Maybe I could've said it earlier, but I think you could make the roof go a little higher? It'd make a lot more sense, given the vehicle's proportions. Other than that, solid work. :^:

Thanks. It's not to late. Raising the roof is not a problem at all.

Raised a little and a comparison with the unchanged cab:

v4lisavz.jpgqdtbv7py.jpg

But actually I don't want to do this.

1. As long as the medium and heavy duty trucks from GM (and also Ford as far as I know) were derived from the pickups they all used exactly the same cab. So assuming the Walton has been modeled perfectly by R* (spoiler alert: it's not) the cab should be left exactly that way.

2. Tommy has already way to much headroom. (see below how much the roof could be lowered without problems) 

3. I think you maybe might be confused by the runningboards under the doors (everything below the darkest line at the bottom of the door). They are not a part of the cab (so it's basically the same as the Walton).

4. This is how my reference looks and a quick unprofessional comparison with a blueprint: evs2jb6r.jpg

But of course the Walton cab is not perfect which I noticed after you pointeed out the "low "roof. Thanks for that. :^:  The vanilla cab is way to long so I want to to shorten it a bit which should also make it look higher.

ltw33dcd.jpg

(I'm just realizing that this looks way off on the pic. Ingame it didn't look that way...)

Unfortunally that creates problems with the seating position so I'll maybe combine a less shortened cab that is raised just a little bit.  Anyway I'll compare with some more blueprints and also consider the width because I want to get this as accurate as possible. Hopefully without raising the roof.

And about the lowest possible roof that still leaves reasonable headroom:

vl97znjv.jpg

I kinda lost track and rodded the truck a bit. :panic:   

If I recall correctly, you are working in Zmodeler 2. You have a great talent and your skills have vastly improved since you've started working on the truck! I really like the result. Would be epic to see some boats/helis from you. They don't have damage parts, so you'd have it easier :)

Yes, I use Zmodeler 2-point-something.Thanks for the praise but better wait until you see the model up close and my uneconomic use of vanilla textures. ;) (trying to fix these issues as well as I can...) 

I  wouldn't be aversed to trying a boot/heli after I finish this but my knowledge of them is quite limited. I wouldn't know what to model regarding the styling - Speedboats, helis, planes etc. kind of all look the same to me... Anyway we'll see.

• Gamerjman19, Mega, Honker1944 and 2 others like this

Gamerjman19
  • Gamerjman19

A meme a day keeps the depression away

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 days ago

I really like this truck. Especially the hot rod version.

• -Anti- and deltaCJ like this

Speccy
  • Speccy

Tool

• Members
  • None
  • Best Total Overhaul 2016 [Shine o' Vice]

Posted 2 days ago

The rodded version of the truck can replace the Sand King. I also really liked a bike made by Wojski. Perhaps we could get his permission to replace the Sanchez with it. Baka San shared a very interesting car in the picture post commentary, something that would be nice to include too. Gotta look into the car situation again in the near future as I haven't touched anything in nearly three months now.
  • deltaCJ, Honker1944 and Ivan1997GTA like this

Blue
  • Blue

Not Italian

• Facade Corporation
  • Portugal
  • Best Total Overhaul 2016 [Shine o' Vice] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2016 [Runner-up]

Posted A day ago

The rodded version of the truck can replace the Sand King.

But wasn't my Picador the replacement we set for the Sandking though? I could be very wrong, but I just wanna confirm. If it wasn't the Sandking, which one was it gonna replace?

-Anti-
  • -Anti-

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted A day ago Edited by -Anti-, A day ago.

I know that's not a necessity for replacing cars, but a Rod as a Sandking replacement doesn't really fit imo. And I dont like the idea of having kind of the same car in the game twice.

Anyway if you would like to have it in SoV I'll start over after I finish the truck. (The current Rod is just a buggy version without damage and nothing behind the cab at all.)

But wasn't my Picador the replacement we set for the Sandking though? I could be very wrong, but I just wanna confirm. If it wasn't the Sandking, which one was it gonna replace?

And I though Djajitos97 (I dont think that's the right spelling) 70s C-Series Stepside was supposed to replace the Sandking...

No progress btw because I was really buisy with leisure activity stuff.  

• Speccy, deltaCJ and Blue like this

Speccy
  • Speccy

Tool

• Members
  • None
  • Best Total Overhaul 2016 [Shine o' Vice]

Posted A day ago

Don't worry, your Picador definitely won't be replaced! It might have been the Sandking, I'd have to double check.

Blue
  • Blue

Not Italian

• Facade Corporation
  • Portugal

Posted 23 hours ago

And I though Djajitos97 (I dont think that's the right spelling)

Don't even worry if it's misspelled, you're actually a genius for saying such a funny thing. :lol:

• Jinx. likes this

The American Army 1775
  • The American Army 1775

The Protectors

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 hours ago

Will there be new safehouses?

deltaCJ
  • deltaCJ

BUSTED!

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 hours ago

And I though Djajitos97 (I dont think that's the right spelling)

Don't even worry if it's misspelled, you're actually a genius for saying such a funny thing. :lol:

Am I missing the point here?

What is funny?

• -Anti- likes this

GraphiX
  • GraphiX

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 hours ago Edited by GraphiX, 16 hours ago.

Well...
Can we use Apartment 3C as a SafeHouse and can we have possible girlfriends like SA ?

Do you think add extra rooms for Vercetti Estate ?

marcinn22
  • marcinn22

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 16 hours ago

I'm not the one to decide, but I think there's no point in putting effort into anything new unless BEGINit shows up again, and from what I recall, they haven't ever said anything about this thing.

• Blackbird88, universetwisters, Stierlitz and 2 others like this

Blue
  • Blue

Not Italian

• Facade Corporation
  • Portugal

Posted 15 hours ago

@deltaCJ

Private stuff, my boy.

I'm not the one to decide, but I think there's no point in putting effort into anything new unless BEGINit shows up again, and from what I recall, they haven't ever said anything about this thing.

This, to be honest.

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Daily Globe
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best GTAGarage Staff 2017
    Most Talented [Graphics] 2016
    Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Crew Poster Battle Winner 2016
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2016 [Honorable mention]
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Champion Guinea Pig [GTAFMC]
    Most Annoying Member [All Time]
    Biggest Asskisser 2014
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Total Overhaul 2014 [GTA SA Beta Edition]
    Biggest Asskisser 2013

Posted 15 hours ago

Rather than making something new for the time being, I'm currently going around the Shine o' Vice map, making improvements to models that need them.

You could say that, I'm making the mod *shine*.

I'll go kill myself now.

• Tomasak, Gamerjman19, Mega and 6 others like this

Mega
  • Mega

''I'm gonna pop your neck with my hands.''

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 15 hours ago Edited by Mega, 14 hours ago.

I got shockingly surprised when Kalvin showed me some of the improvements he made. I was expecting him to Break o' Vice.

Speaking of improvements, anyone else heard about those rumors of the cinema in Little Havana being re-opened?

• Kalvin, Gamerjman19, turbocharger and 4 others like this

Cpt. Rookie
  • Cpt. Rookie

Player Hater

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 14 hours ago Edited by Cpt. Rookie, 14 hours ago.

Imagine BEGINit comes to this thread and he's like "Oh, so many map changes, and none of this buildings are actually used in the script! I need to make more missions!", then it takes another few years to complete the mod   :D

• universetwisters, Kalvin, Mega and 3 others like this

Mega
  • Mega

''I'm gonna pop your neck with my hands.''

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 11 hours ago Edited by Mega, 11 hours ago.

Well, even if some of the stuff we're doing isn't really used in missions properly, I'd still be happy just with the thought of people discovering some of the stuff we've been doing.

• Cpt. Rookie likes this

deltaCJ
  • deltaCJ

BUSTED!

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 hours ago Edited by deltaCJ, 10 hours ago.

@deltaCJ

Private stuff, my boy. 

The sneak dissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

• turbocharger likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users