Photo

Can't Shoot from cars

7 replies to this topic
5StarV
  • 5StarV

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:55 AM

Doesn't seem to matter what key I bind shooting to in the driving controls section, I press it and nothing happens. Does anyone know why this is?

Also, just as a note, I downgraded to V1.0 yesterday so I could install SA:MP. Previously on starting it up, I got the music but not the visuals for the intro, now downgrading has brought the visuals back for the intro. Worth trying if you're bothered about that sort of thing, which I'm not, but it's nice to have it back! (I say back, I never had it since I bought it off Steam, but I've had console versions of the game before with it on).

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:40 AM

Is it only a particular save that has a problem with drive-by shooting? Can you shoot from a vehicle if you start a new game without first loading another save? There is a flag that enables drive-bys. Perhaps it got unchecked somehow. This setting can be viewed and altered with the Savegame Editor.

GTA SA Savegame Editor v3.0 by Paul Breeuwsma: http://www.paulinternet.nl/sa

If the problem started when you downgraded then it might help if you delete, move or rename gta_sa.set located in your user files.

5StarV
  • 5StarV

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:19 PM

As far as I can make out, it's always been the case confused.gif I'll give that editor a try, thanks for that!

5StarV
  • 5StarV

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:45 PM

Can't see the option for enabling drive-bys? 100% completion one might be handy though!

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:49 PM

You could try a uninstall and reinstall, along with the deleting of gta_sa.set file.
Modifying the game has its perils. Restore the game to its original state (clean reinstall) and find a different 'downgrader'. Be sure your game is working before attempting any modifications to it, and have proper backups for Original Files.

Discussion of "How to" and "where to find" downgraders are forbidden on these forums.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:43 PM

Enable driveby is near the end of a long list of check boxes on the General tab.

Changing the story progress with the editor is likely to cause some nasty glitches. If the progress is changed before CJ has officially left Los Santos then the phone call scripts that control mission flow will shut down and leave CJ stuck with no more missions. Changing the setting back to normal will not repair this glitch.

cst1992
  • cst1992

Spam Hater

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:10 PM

Thanks for telling that! I've never tried changing the progress with the editor, but I never want to anymore.

5StarV
  • 5StarV

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:24 AM

Never really had any problems with it yet. Tried loading up SA:MP last night but when I clicked on the Internet tab it just crashed. I guess that was server load, because this morning it worked no problems.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users