Soooo.... PC Gamers....

15 replies to this topic
brian.
  • brian.

Possible Descendant Of Kraff

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:49 AM

For me it's the very best call of duty.

It's so different on PC than console. On console, the UMP 45 is super OP, the slow fire rate and high damage to make up for it make it devastating - once someone is sticking to you, it's over.

On PC, I couldn't really use the UMP45 until I first mastered the rest of the SMG's and then spent some time with the later unlocked AR's. The slow fire rate, unpredictable [even if mild in cod] recoil, the increased control and agility found on mouse and keyboard that comes with the cost of heightened sense of the recoil on the guns, it adds up to a certainly deadly, but skill-based weapon in the PC version of this game.

A lot of people cry about the MP5 and even challenge each other to "use that instead". I don't know about anyone else, but the visual part of the recoil is a lot in the mp5, but the gun itself doesn't recoil at all. You don't even need to aim down sights on that gun, it is accurate either way lol. Just as powerful as the ump at short to mid range, 2x the fire rate.

P90, Uzi, Vector, Vector being the fastest killing and firing gun in the game, they all have better time to kill than ump and mp5.

This is my preferred class setup:

user posted image

I couldn't fit more AKA's. There's a lot.

You can click that next pic to add me if you ever want to get beat up. You should PM me too though, to let me know.

user posted image

I find all assault rifles to be much more powerful than SMG's. I love to play the SMG role and support AR, LMG, and long snipers alike. I love running with quick scopers too - a true skill on the PC with no aim assist, a mere parlor trick on the consoles that at least makes for cool vids.

That said, I do like rushing with an AUG, or laying back in the mid and far clip with the game's AR's as well. AK 47 is my favorite, of course. No attachments.

I usually run extended mags on everything, but not the AK. Some of you may know why biggrin.gif

I find "hardcore" modes in Call of Duty to be the "true" softest core mode in the game. You get insta kills and can camp in a corner, move, kill, move camp and kill again, and even rushing is too easy with 1 hit kills. It's easier to focus just on what's in front of you too - you don't have to worry about the red dot on their screen unless they pause, you don't have to worry about keeping track of them or the arena either - just run or camp, and gun or trap, it's dumb and easy-mode.

f*ck it, Pro Mod is, too.

And so are the new CoDs since MW2 so far. MW3's recon perk alone has completely broken that series and the ability to sense hackers or not, when you can't tell if someone knows you are there from a stun that didn't really effect you.

High hopes for Ghosts, but if you're anything like me and value everything that is sacred about competitive FPS gaming (the racial slurs, the pubstomping, the host perking, the good stuff along with those bad things - but you can have host with me xD), then MW2 is still the King CoD in your collection.

I've racked up 3000 hours in that game. It has on occasion, and occasions again, ruined my life. And I still love it. I still go back to it. I still don't tube.

Speaking of host perk - I gotta say, I play with Aussies, I play with Germans (when I can find some IN THAT GAME that aren't hacking!!!!), I play in Japan, I play in China (don't ask me how, I don't really get it myself lol), I've even joined some weird government-related or restricted IP and whooped whoever's ass they are, after joining 1800 points in the hole.

The host ended the game, the host was nick trump, and needless to say, I was given the boot from the lobby:

user posted image

I still wonder if it freaks them out that I entered their private match.

I am a sit rep pro junkie who loves popping you with your own claymores, or popping them and getting a fix on your position as I listen to you scramble. I love wall banging and I still find new spots all the time - I love it when people call me a cheater it's so satisfying to do so well in a match that people believe it is impossible to achieve that level of skill - that is probably the most gratifying feeling gaming has ever given to me.

When people lose their sh*t, scream that they are reporting you, abuse ban tools that are for cheaters and tubers (cheaters always are tubers, too, hiding it that way - so no tolerance of tube spam most lobbies these days in DLC where also there are not many hackers - hackers dont buy the dlc, so on a side note, I've grown to LOVE the idea of after ship DLC. Keeps the hackers on their basic key, and the real players in the clean games) - but when people think someone who doesn't hack, must be cheating, it makes you feel like a straight magician.

The game is the one true successor to Counter Strike for me. CoD4, and then MW2, were growth to that concept, that concept that CS itself was growth to at one time, the growth there was everything I wished CSS was over time - and this game's class system, I don't know why they didn't stick with this one, it was so good. MW3 was okay, but they completely broke the killstreaks system and made it easy for chumps to get super powerful support streaks - you can equip "just" UAV and just keep calling new ones, never die - how is that fair? It's not. I abuse the sh*t out of that in MW3. I loved it. But I know it isn't fair.

MW2 was a masterpiece, and if you want to play that with me, I am down. I love this game. I don't get to play nearly as much as I used to, but that's really a good thing in truth - the time racked up was because I had nothing else to do at the time.

Weird ass MW2 rant over. Let's play this gayme2gathur.

Especially if you kick it at snow lodges with your colleagues and write net code for CoD ph34r.gif And tell IW, especially Rubin, that I WANT BALBOA, and to come see me in MW2.

Killerdude
  • Killerdude

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• The Yardies
  • Canada

Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:52 AM

Hmmm, M-Dub 2 was actually not bad, I might pick it up if I see it on sale or w/e.

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:51 AM

Isn't the game dead? Even black ops 2 only have around 4K people peak

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:26 AM

I'd just like to say that man, is it pathetic seeing you try to say how 'bad' consoles are. Just...wow. Like that other post you made in GTA 5 auto aim online. Christ, you are desperate - and wrong, of course, but I really don't care for that.

It's a nice game though, can still get some fun out of it, but CoD4 still seems fun more often.

Chris Fromage
  • Chris Fromage

Homie

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:14 AM

I moved back the COD World at War and COD 2. My two favorites if the franchise and there are enough people online.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:25 AM

MW2 was so easy (like pretty much any CoD that followed COD4).

Wanted to play it online again some time ago but for starters I couldn't even get the damn IWNET working properly or just connect to any lobby at all. Game was and is still broken as hell.

Chad Warden
  • Chad Warden

goes by many different names

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:29 AM

lol @ calling mw2 a video game

brian.
  • brian.

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:26 PM Edited by brian., 28 August 2013 - 05:40 PM.

QUOTE (Killerdude8 @ Tuesday, Aug 27 2013, 22:52)
Hmmm, M-Dub 2 was actually not bad, I might pick it up if I see it on sale or w/e.

Yea dude, you can find it for 10 or 15 bucks, keys online, amazon, other places. On sale pretty often, I think it's on sale perpetually at amazon now.

But one thing is, make sure you get the DLC! Because the DLC is what separates you from the hackers who get keys for dirt cheap, supplied by hack companies who buy them on the sales then sell them with their hacks, until they get banned, a new hack is made, people get the new key for cheap upsale to their hacks, and then the process repeats.

They tend to never get DLC. Hackers are very rare in DLC. Hackers get banned, and some people become disgruntled and begin hacking, I've seen many begin hacking because they specifically thought I do - literally "I only hack when Ando is here, cause he does" and then whole lobbies turn against me after the aimbot or wallhack guy is gone and I don't even cheat lol.

Having DLC segregates the community, but if you got friends without the dlc, you get the best of both worlds, cause when you party up with them, it disables the dlc temporarily.

The catch is that when the DLC goes on sale, it's usually $7.50 or so each (2 packs total for best experience). It's rare that it goes on sale, but it's been a while and may be coming up - otherwise they are 15 dollars each, more than the game when the game is 20 bucks now and then 30 for the dlc.

BUT - if you like FPS, and you want the best FPS for PC possible to this day, as stated by an unforgiving and very tasteful gamer in myself, this is the one.

Each cod since then has had broken prediction, and been more unbalanced than the last.

Which brings me to:

MW2 was so easy (like pretty much any CoD that followed COD4).

Wanted to play it online again some time ago but for starters I couldn't even get the damn IWNET working properly or just connect to any lobby at all. Game was and is still broken as hell.

Firstly, it is unfair and completely incorrect to call any multiplayer fps easy. The difficulty of any multiplayer deathmatch scenario lies directly on the skill of the person playing the game. Their intelligence, situational awareness, and familiarity with the controls dictates the level of skill required of you to win a match.

While it is true that Call Of Duty, especially Modern Warfare 2 and its polishes to the character controller (unseen since then, all other COD after did not use that engine, they improved the engine from [email protected] instead for BO, MW3, BO2 - maybe ghosts will continue finally from MW2 engine, but it is highly, highly doubtful), the controls are very easy to get accustomed to and that makes it very easy to immerse yourself and be in control of your character, fighting the enemy, and not the controls in the case of cod vs other shooters, and the enemy and not the controls in the case of keyboard and mouse vs joypad.

The ease of controls is a very good thing in that way. Even on consoles the controls are and fluidity, agility, they are second to none. Campers wouldn't know, I suppose, each game is probably similar for them in this way. But full on, in-motion deathmatchers, we know how agile you are with cod mw2's controls (and cod4 and mw3 as well, but to a lesser extent - the perks choices or not, the controls in MW2 are very improved over the old engine, which has now become once again the newer engine)

Which brings me to:

I'd just like to say that man, is it pathetic seeing you try to say how 'bad' consoles are. Just...wow. Like that other post you made in GTA 5 auto aim online. Christ, you are desperate - and wrong, of course, but I really don't care for that.

It's a nice game though, can still get some fun out of it, but CoD4 still seems fun more often.

This has nothing to do with consoles being worse or better. It is a well known fact that consoles are closed platforms stuck in the time they are released and trail behind PC in terms of capability. I do not need to waste my time telling people that. They don't buy their consoles for capabilities or to become graphics nerds and 3d modelers, they buy them to have fun. This isn't about that at all - you are just trying to make it about it, and it's uncalled for.

However, if you'd like to see some intersting stuff, gameplay is better on PC as well, I have recently discovered, because here is the only place a true living breathing GTA exists, is PC, the only place where you can actually see a population rather than a ghost town, which has major advantages to gameplay, especially toying with a true living breathing city vs a ghost town elsewhere, it gets good, just watch:

And here is a direct comparison between console FPS (where you fight the controller and not the opponent) and PC FPS (where YOU are in control and instead fight the opponent)

They were going to do cross platform play once. It was canceled because the professional xbox teams would be "embarrassed" by average PC gamers, all tests proved.

And that's a Xim3, it has lag. Without lag on input, PC gamers need SKILL, especially to compete with me.

Hopefully these can open your eyes to how it is so easy to become very passionate about the PC gaming platform once you actually become experienced with it, you cannot go back. It is that much of a night and day situation, especially this late in any given console generation. Seriously, I am not a hater, I am okay with people's decisions as I've made clear, but having now been a PC gamer after I was first a console gamer, the difference is night and day, and I can no longer even take console versions seriously in games anymore because they are constantly more and more dated while the versions I play keep giving me more and more new tech not possible on the hardware of the boxes I used to game on.

It's not rude at all. It's all just that amazing to me - cheaper, easier to get better hardware in small bumps of cost rather than shovel out a full on 500 dollar machine purchase, much much more games than I ever owned on any console, so much cheaper, Gabe Newell has a permanent back door to my wallet. It's all just that much more valuable to me, the consumer. I imagine it HAS to be this way to compete with consoles, and it has paid off - PC game sales have now overtaken Xbox and PS3 combined. By 2015, they will rake in 5 billion total for both Xbox360 and x1 consoles combined in game sales, PS3 and PS4 together will do only 10 billion, and PC by itself - on new game sales, IE not subscriptions, not mmos - new game sales - retail and steam etc - that will be at 20 billion (some speculate that it already was in 2012).

these are fact checkable - it's the reason why sony called ps3 "a real PC in your living room!" and why the new consoles are touted as "closer to PC quality than ever before!" because that is the true competitor. because that is what they want to replace/achieve/compete with. "cloer to pc" because you can have a more powerful PC today if you want. Whenthe consoles come out, for the exact same price, you will buy a great PC equal to it. The year after that, for one or two hundred bucks, you'll be well beyond that console. You could wait 8 years to upgrade and just play same-as-console settings, or you can upgrade whenever you want.

You get choice. We hated the communists because they give no choice. Why would we love a console manufacturer?

It's just real talk, real discussion - serious points to consider, that you haven't, if you can call me these things and assume this topic is something it wasn't. Something is wrong there. Hopefully I've cleared it up sufficiently.

This game is easy, until you face me. If you faced me, you would not call the game easy - you would say many are easy, but not Ando. Ando is hard mode, difficulty: high, beastmode. I am the insane difficulty tounge.gif

When people rage quit and call each other hackers, they just lie to themselves "it's easy, he's just hacking" - nope. It's pride and ego, and in reality, the game is easy to control, yet difficult to master.

And:

Isn't the game dead? Even black ops 2 only have around 4K people peak

nah, it's not dead, it's low peaks, but there are always games to find in every CoD icon14.gif

Which brings me finally to the other half of metal's response:

We played together before <3 I believe you called me a hacker tounge.gif also, there are people who use the same name, so it may not have been you tounge.gif

But, yep, there were 2 or 3 occasions now that IWnet was broken, TDM didn't work, only Merc TDM and TDM Express worked, FFA didn't work for some time, now though, everything is fixed. if you ever want to go back, it's working now.

In worst case scenario/time of day, there is always XtremeSteam Matchmaking where you can search games yourself and join them that way icon14.gif

While you said it was easy (and no fullmetal I played was bad, so your statement, and my experience with anyone named that, tells me you're a good player, who is not bad at the game, so it seems easy, and you are perhaps humble or not very high on yourself, but if you find it easy, it means you are good due to ideology that multiplayer difficulty = skill of opponent icon14.gif )

Anyhow, time has passed now, the servers are all fixed and working for the populated modes, and the skill ceiling has definitely raised.

There are still a lot of campers and tubers, and they are even more annoying now at times, but everyone has gotten better. I went through a time where I was so very good. Unstoppable. 86 wins STRAIGHT in Free for All. Had a team, we played 4 deep and didn't care who the other 2 were (party or not), and we acheived 104 win streak in TDM.

Took a break for a while, came back, and all the noobs were suddenly good giving me a real challenge, and new noobs were around that I didn't recognize. it was like a whole new game. Still is from time to time - many players have gotten very good. Many people have apologized for thinking I was cheating at times, or thanked me for tips etc.

The playing field has evolved. You won't go in there and be completely destroyed and need to practice again, it's like riding a bike - but now you will get more challenge. If you played anywhere near the level that I play, the game will afford you a much better challenge now than it did in the past, many noobs go to easy-mode newer cod games, all that remains in MW2 are a few noobs, but also the hardcore cod players who want to play real cod (not promod, not zombies, not other cheesy dedicated server nonsense and hackusations from admins who ban etc - just straight CoD, in it's most polished ever form!)

biggrin.gif

I moved back the COD World at War and COD 2. My two favorites if the franchise and there are enough people online.

Those are still viable. For me, I can't go back. But those are the "real" pro mod that isn't easy mode. Those games were great, for me, I can't go back from create a class 2.0, but I feel you, those are definitely the best sniping experience (even if mw2 is very pretty and fun also), and the gunplay is still pure in those, like MW2. I really hope Ghosts makes up for the way things have been since they backpeddled to older engine for BO and onward.

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:04 PM

Damn you are a dedicated troll, I'll give you that.

I have to say that MW2 on the console, seems to have lost the 'cheap' players and moved to being more CS-like, though like I said I still think CoD4 is better in that regard.

brian.
  • brian.

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:53 PM

I will take "clean, real, intended" cod4 gameplay any day, but it's just impossible to find it on CoD4 on PC these days (and not cripple myself with ping. I can play ANYWHERE in the world on MW2 and it's not a serious problem, but dedicated server games, they fall apart around 100ms in the best case). I guess it's tough to find on console as well unless they got chaos sorted on there and no one is running lobbies anymore. But the dedicated servers on PC basically = those modded lobbies, so it's just not as good as it was, when it first came out and had normal game modes to play.

I'll ignore the first part, I find it hurtful, and I consider myself one of the most dedicated members of this forum, who puts passion in their posts and strive to add quality.

Bad.boy!
  • Bad.boy!

SA modder

• Feroci
  • Netherlands

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:25 PM

QUOTE (brian. @ Aug 28 2013, 17:26)
PC game sales have now overtaken Xbox and PS3 combined.

citation needed

these are fact checkable - it's the reason why sony called ps3 "a real PC in your living room!" and why the new consoles are touted as "closer to PC quality than ever before!"

They don't call it that.

because that is the true competitor. because that is what they want to replace/achieve/compete with. "cloer to pc" because you can have a more powerful PC today if you want.

They are actually not trying to do that. They want consoles to become more of a multimedia platform, not more like a pc. More like a smart tv that can game.

You get choice. We hated the communists because they give no choice. Why would we love a console manufacturer?

You must be American comparing everything to communism. If you used your brain for a minute you'd know why it is a good thing that you can't replace components on a console.

The Killa
  • The Killa

Diet Water Please

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:42 PM

QUOTE (Bad.boy! @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 15:25)
it is a good thing that you can't replace components on a console.

Jesus f*cking wept.

As far as CoD goes, haven't played it since CoD4, and haven't given the slightest idea towards changing that. Perhaps unusually, I rate the community as a priority in the video games I play. If a game has a sh*t community, no matter how good the game itself may be, it completely turns me off.

Day of Defeat: Source, thank god you're in existence.

Bad.boy!
  • Bad.boy!

SA modder

• Feroci
  • Netherlands

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:42 PM

QUOTE (The Killa @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 00:42)
QUOTE (Bad.boy! @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 15:25)
it is a good thing that you can't replace components on a console.

Jesus f*cking wept.

I see you forgot the brain part. Replacing parts would lead to incompatibility, games wouldn't be able to be optimized to the hardware. Optimization is the whole reason why consoles still exist.

brian.
  • brian.

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:13 PM

QUOTE (The Killa @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 19:42)

As far as CoD goes, haven't played it since CoD4, and haven't given the slightest idea towards changing that. Perhaps unusually, I rate the community as a priority in the video games I play. If a game has a sh*t community, no matter how good the game itself may be, it completely turns me off.

Day of Defeat: Source, thank god you're in existence.

dude!!!! omg!!!!! cod4 was awesome before it became "weird servers only" for the most part, but seriously, if you're a PC gamer, and you haven't spent some time in MW2 with the DLC, you are missing out on the best cod you can play!!!

Serious recommendation: If you liked CoD4, MW2, once you get used to it, there is no other tactical competitive FPS worth playing, not even newer cod games.

I've had DoDS in my inventory for like 2 years. I know it's just going to be a very old-feeling game, so I won't play it, looking to trade it eventually. All valve games basically lack all the modern features of shooters (like aiming)

Ermac
  • Ermac

checking it like checkers

• The Yakuza
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:22 AM

I still play it thanks to fourdeltaone. It's my favorite COD despite all the bullsh*t it has. Every other COD since has infuriated me simply because they either don't learn from their mistakes (G18 akimbo=FMG9 akimbo) or they "fix" something that isn't really broken. MW3 and BO 1-2's explosives are piss poor due to the fact that people said MW2's explosives were op when this was only true when danger close was applied. Remove DC, problem solved. Instead, they went and neutered the majority of the non grenade explosive options to a radius no larger than like 7 feet.

Not only that, the maps and announcers (trivial I know) have been getting sh*ttier and sh*ttier as well. Listening to Makarov calling things out for the Inner Circle in MW3 makes me want to blow my brains out, whereas having the Spetznaz announcer scream "ENEMY AC-130 ABOVE" actually strikes fear in me.

From what I've seen of Ghosts, it looks like the game is still on a decline, so i'm just gonna stick with M-double u-Two for as long as possible for my military shooter fix.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:29 AM

Well the skill of the opponent needed in a game all depends on how the game is designed. If they dumb down a game good enough anyone can rack up kills and be good at the game then. Health regeneration, perks that give people advantages by being just bad/stupid, killstreak bonus' that are just "look and do something and get kills" are all stupid things that reward the stupid & unskilled players.

Now if you take a look at the completely different spectrum... Red Orcchestra. You have a game that doesn't reward idiots... that doesn't allow jump in and get rewarded gameplay. That's a game that requires skill, insight and just a pair of balls to play.

But whatever you seem so high and mighty this being the pinnacle of FPS gaming and such. I'll just leave you in your ignorance then smile.gif .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users