Call of Duty...

33 replies to this topic
Eagles
  • Eagles

Here we go, kids

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:38 AM

Because it's considered one of the best games to play when you have nothing else to do.

Killing enemies, getting your killstreaks, raising your level, prestiging and completing challenges are the reasons why CoD is so popular. They are all responsive accomplishments (is that right? dozingoff.gif ).

It's not because it's an awesome game, with spectacular graphics, a new engine every game and major improvements over the previous title, it's because when you can join your friends in a party and play with them the fun is almost certain.
The same goes with Halo, Battlefield, League of Legends, World of Warcraft...

Now why CoD is the most popular FPS at the moment? Maybe because it's easy to understand, easy to play, very adaptive... a "noob-friendly" game.

I like to play it. I remember all the good times I had playing Modern Warfare 2 at night with some friends on the X360.

Also, someone from Kotaku wrote this: "You don't really hate Call of Duty. But you do enjoy being an obnoxious elitist". That's what happens with most of the people who hate CoD. They probably never played it, but they see a lot of people hating CoD and they think that if you hate it, other people will look you as a smart person who knows about games. It's hard to explain my point, but you got it.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:04 AM

Yes, it does suck.

But if something sells and a bunch of morons keep buying it, why change the formula? It is just the brand, and a game that once was pretty cool 8 years ago, has basically remained unchanged and only reskinned every year to throw at the people too blind to see that it is a god damn dinosaur.

Until people realize there are far better games out there that offer so much more innovation, they will continue to milk that f*cker dry, and only then will they maybe try to expand and innovate.

They said in Ghosts that it is a brand new engine and reworked from the ground up, but the gameplay looks identical to every other COD game, because they are too scared to change anything in fear of not getting their money. They won't change it until people stop buying it.

I did hope Battlefield 3 would change that but it only just tried to copy COD and not ascend above it.

Hopefully if Battlefield 4 goes more down the fun route of Bad Company 2 we could have a winner, but to be honest I would rather all the cretins form in one location on one game that I do not play. So let them have their game.

Just because something is well known, by no means makes it the best.

I would like to think anyone with a decent mind knows all this.

daggerbomb
  • daggerbomb

To Live or Die in LS

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:37 PM

QUOTE (Daz @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 07:04)
Yes, it does suck.

But if something sells and a bunch of morons keep buying it, why change the formula? It is just the brand, and a game that once was pretty cool 8 years ago, has basically remained unchanged and only reskinned every year to throw at the people too blind to see that it is a god damn dinosaur.

Until people realize there are far better games out there that offer so much more innovation, they will continue to milk that f*cker dry, and only then will they maybe try to expand and innovate.

They said in Ghosts that it is a brand new engine and reworked from the ground up, but the gameplay looks identical to every other COD game, because they are too scared to change anything in fear of not getting their money. They won't change it until people stop buying it.

I did hope Battlefield 3 would change that but it only just tried to copy COD and not ascend above it.

Hopefully if Battlefield 4 goes more down the fun route of Bad Company 2 we could have a winner, but to be honest I would rather all the cretins form in one location on one game that I do not play. So let them have their game.

You joined 2001.

Distrom
  • Distrom

Sodom

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:48 PM

QUOTE (Daz @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 03:04)
Yes, it does suck.

Well, you basically described why Cod sucks and it stills sells so well, Activision knows that their game is old and broken, but they also know that CoD generates millions every year, why change it, when they can still milk the cow?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users