Photo

Testing out car insurance

20 replies to this topic
hulkhogan1
  • hulkhogan1

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:43 AM

I'm going to buy insurance for all of my cars, then go to my showroom and blow all of them up, just to see what happens.

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:44 AM

You'll have to pay the insurance company if you want your car back.

Save your game before you do it.

Vortexz0r
  • Vortexz0r

I dont care.

• Members

Ok

Flipster
  • Flipster

Player Hater

• Members

Just make sure it's comprehensive type then.

Pathum
  • Pathum

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:23 AM

I'd try it with one first.

webbm1
  • webbm1

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:52 AM

could be a way to make money. I'm sure the insurance company will be on the stock market. Head to a showroom and blow all there cars up.

beauedwards1991
  • beauedwards1991

Prankster

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:52 AM

Don't use third party fire and theft then.

QueenObama
  • QueenObama

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:10 AM

I wonder if you can do insurance frauding

2491cc
  • 2491cc

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:36 AM

LOCK AND IP BAN FOR LIFE

Sharon
  • Sharon

Dutch Muppet

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:37 AM

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Tuesday, Aug 27 2013, 09:44)

We have to pay them to get the car back? If it's an insurance then i already pay them every month or week.
So they should pay me, so i could buy the car again.

Weigel21
  • Weigel21

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:55 AM

I'm a little curious as to how it will work online.

I mean lets say a player has a 2 Million dollar fully customized exotic super car.

Now lets say another online player kills this player and jacks his ride and adds it to their collection.

So does that mean two players now have the exact same car?

Seems like a nice way to "share" high dollar cars.

Get your crew to each buy/steal a different exotic car and then "let" other members of your crew jack your ride.

With insurance, you should be able to get an exact replacement, or the funds to replace it. And now your fellow crew members have the same car without spending a dime.

Seems like a nice way to cheat your way to a massive high end car collection.

johnwontscore
  • johnwontscore

aka Dr Ripper

• Members
  • England

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:40 PM

QUOTE (Weigel21 @ Tuesday, Aug 27 2013, 11:55)

I mean lets say a player has a 2 Million dollar fully customized exotic super car.

Now lets say another online player kills this player and jacks his ride and adds it to their collection.

Get your crew to each buy/steal a different exotic car and then "let" other members of your crew jack your ride.

With insurance, you should be able to get an exact replacement, or the funds to replace it. And now your fellow crew members have the same car without spending a dime.

Well, if car transactions are possible like that, and it's possible to make payments between players' bank accounts freely, a second-hand car market is possible. A car might sell well if it was from a well-known player that won a lot of races with it. Also, hiring would be possible, given a large deposit I suppose. It'll be interesting to see what parameters Rockstar have placed on the economy anyway.

hulkhogan1
  • hulkhogan1

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:12 PM

If I'm understanding the way it will work, a scenario like this would only be temporary. You actually bought the car, so you're entitled to getting it back if something happens to it. If the person who stole it loses it, they're losing it forever.

Matv103
  • Matv103

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:15 PM

QUOTE (Sharon @ Tuesday, Aug 27 2013, 11:37)

We have to pay them to get the car back? If it's an insurance then i already pay them every month or week.

yea its called a deductible. hello!

Matv103
  • Matv103

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:19 PM

QUOTE (hulkhogan1 @ Tuesday, Aug 27 2013, 18:12)

If I'm understanding the way it will work, a scenario like this would only be temporary. You actually bought the car, so you're entitled to getting it back if something happens to it. If the person who stole it loses it, they're losing it forever.

Yea I think the way they could counter this is making the stolen car not able to be insured again. then again it is GRAND THEFT AUTO so maybe u can steal a car and have it for yourself and insure it and if it gets stolen from you, the next person can do the same. would take away from the uniqueness of the game and of your car when all 16 people have your car.

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:21 PM

This confirmed or what?

GTA 360
  • GTA 360

LIVE WITH IT OR DIE FROM IT.

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:47 PM

QUOTE (Sharon @ Tuesday, Aug 27 2013, 11:37)

I assume by this post that you're a 12 year old like most and have never heard of a thing called excess which you have to pay when you make a claim on your insurance, to cover part of the repair which therefore makes your policy cheaper.

ghost420
  • ghost420

Im sorry about this.

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:50 PM

Insurance for cars is confirmed? I didn't know that .

BlademanX
  • BlademanX

Soldier

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:52 PM

Jack my ride, and get a grenade up your ass, wont be stopping for you then lol

leeoggy
  • leeoggy

Things are gonna get really messy!

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:20 PM

QUOTE (Matv103 @ Tuesday, Aug 27 2013, 18:19)

Yea I think the way they could counter this is making the stolen car not able to be insured again. then again it is GRAND THEFT AUTO so maybe u can steal a car and have it for yourself and insure it and if it gets stolen from you, the next person can do the same. would take away from the uniqueness of the game and of your car when all 16 people have your car.

you're cars have gps on so it remains on your map as a blip, so you can go and get it even if the person who stole it leaves it! If they blow it up then you'd have to go through insurance i believe

Matv103
  • Matv103

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:38 PM

QUOTE (leeoggy @ Tuesday, Aug 27 2013, 19:20)
QUOTE (Matv103 @ Tuesday, Aug 27 2013, 18:19)

you're cars have gps on so it remains on your map as a blip, so you can go and get it even if the person who stole it leaves it! If they blow it up then you'd have to go through insurance i believe

see that would be tight! kinda like low jack or whatever

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users