Photo

give new members a qualifying time before approval

40 replies to this topic
TheTerminatorNY
  • TheTerminatorNY

Saxon = Joke Account

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:25 PM

Yeah, I guess it's not fair to punish every new member just because of the V section mess. It just sucks that the V section has become such a fiery abyss of sh*t. I was thinking about just sticking to the 'News' section since more mature members seem to be in there and there aren't many troll/joke/spoiler topics created every 5 minutes.

But part of me wants to still be in the V section because there are some good members still there and, when you sift your way past all the junk, there are some intelligent and interesting topics. Plus, I like to play hall monitor and do my part and report troll topics and spoilers when I can.

NikoB_in_the_house
  • NikoB_in_the_house

Bitches Get Stitches

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:29 PM

I think you just implement it for creating threads. That way people here for technical help can still post in established threads as well as people that want to comment on posts. There will still be spoiler peeps but it will at least stop spoilers from being in all caps as a thread title in the main GTA V (or other) directory. The spoilers will then at least be buried inside threads where people know to tread carefully anyways.

Jumbo Cactuar
  • Jumbo Cactuar

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:48 PM

QUOTE (Girish @ Tuesday, Aug 27 2013, 05:25)
You guys seem to have forgotten that there are sub-forums other than GTA V. There are people who join for getting help on or discussing older GTA games, modding, etc. Why do you think it would be fair to restrict their posting ability due to fear of a few trolls spoiling an upcoming game?

its not actually hard
IPBoard has permissions for each individual forum

GTAV section > new members > can create threads = NO

problem solved

TheRealBars
  • TheRealBars

Getaway Driver

• Members

Posted 02 September 2013 - 04:59 PM Edited by TheRealBars, 02 September 2013 - 05:14 PM.

QUOTE (Jumbo Cactuar @ Monday, Sep 2 2013, 15:48)
QUOTE (Girish @ Tuesday, Aug 27 2013, 05:25)
You guys seem to have forgotten that there are sub-forums other than GTA V. There are people who join for getting help on or discussing older GTA games, modding, etc. Why do you think it would be fair to restrict their posting ability due to fear of a few trolls spoiling an upcoming game?

its not actually hard
IPBoard has permissions for each individual forum

GTAV section > new members > can create threads = NO

problem solved

This.. we get this zidane idiot posting spoilers in the topic title now, over and over rendering mod intervention pretty much useless (I mean what can you do apart from IP banning right?)

Restrict the entire V section for new members made between now and the 17th of September. (Allow to register, however Read only in all the V sections)

I'm part of a 1200+ man community, on a similar board it is easy to do and the only solution.

As moderator you can not fight against an nearly infinite amount of tryhard trolls.

A lot of us just like discussing the game or finding out about news from R* or other gaming sites, this is becoming impossible at the moment.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 02 September 2013 - 05:29 PM

If there is no reaction by mods here, this guy and others will spoil the whole game when the first gameplay leaks appear. Even after release when people just started with the game..

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:57 PM

People are going to post leaks, etc. It's inevitable, that's why we have staff to take action as quickly as they can when they do.

Revamping the entire system just to prevent that is not optional at this point in time. Only solution would be not to visit that section to keep from being spoiled.
  • Worship likes this

clax302
  • clax302

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:36 AM

Required 25 posts prior to being able to create a topic. This is like a basic rule to every other forum I've been on.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:46 AM Edited by redx165, 06 September 2013 - 04:56 AM.

I think members should have a certain amount of posts before they can create a new topic so that way, people cant just create a random account and spoil parts of the game just with the title of the thread.

This is what I've been trying to tell mods. I might give my idea to one of the admins. They might look it over. You need at least lets say 500 posts before you can create a topic and at least 1 month or half a month to be able to create a post. 

@ any mod, You might not think its fair to everyone but it creates order to the forum. When 9/11 happen they didn't have security in the airports like they do now.

It has to be a fair wait to even post.

Maybe a week or a few days until you are allowed to post. You guys seem like you have NO control over some of the people who make multiple accounts just to troll. With this you now have more control then you ever had before.

Now in order to create a topic you need to have atleast 500 posts. Why do I say that? Well a few months ago we had a guy who would post some of the WORST TOPICS ever. He even clearly said he was doing that for trolling cause of your flawed system. It NEEDS a HUGE improvement.  

SMG
  • SMG

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:18 AM Edited by SMG, 06 September 2013 - 05:19 AM.

Edit - oops replied to the wrong topic

• Worship likes this

Darrel
  • Darrel

Reported!

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:39 AM

Allowing members to join and instantly create topics during this period where we are so close to V is pure madness. deliberately spoiling via a topic title shouldnt even be an issue. But, it is. 

Allow them to post normally sure, but posting a thread? Hell no. I have hardly posted any threads in the 6 years i have been here, so why should a new member feel the need to post.  A certain number of post's should only allow a topic to be created.

And if they are spamming to try to get to that number to allow them to create a topic. It's not going to go unoticed by the mods. Too late to do this now. But i hope next time, something will be done. 

Mr Scratch
  • Mr Scratch

Hungry like the wolf

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:00 PM

Might I make a suggestion? There's a site I visit called UER and there you can only make a topic after 3 days of posting. Would that kind of system work here?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users