Photo

A GTA game based on a British City?

18 replies to this topic
icehot
  • icehot

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:11 PM

How would you feel if Rockstar made a GTA game based on a British city. Let's say London. Do you think this could work and what are your opinions on it?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:20 PM

Not London, too many CCTV cameras and congestion laws.

Somewhere more crimal-ey, like York or Coventry, however, would be cool. Football Hooligans, Chavs, helluva game Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

Lopsidedcowboy
  • Lopsidedcowboy

Stone Cold Killa'

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:45 PM

I recon somewhere like Belfast or Dublin the troubles (riots involving the The Real IRA and the Protestant paramilitary if you didn't know) I thnk that would be quite cool as they got very nasty and maybe even be a cameo or even a main part from one of the Mcrearys Derrick I thin was the In Belfast.

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:49 PM

I think GTA would be awesome in any big city .

icehot
  • icehot

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:09 PM

QUOTE (Lopsidedcowboy @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 23:45)
I recon somewhere like Belfast or Dublin the troubles (riots involving the The Real IRA and the Protestant paramilitary if you didn't know) I thnk that would be quite cool as they got very nasty and maybe even be a cameo or even a main part from one of the Mcrearys Derrick I thin was the In Belfast.

Yes, they should defo use the IRA in a British/Irish city. smile.gif Maybe even have an Irish protagonist?

02fishera
  • 02fishera

PSN ID: TeamTango91

• Members
  • England

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:23 PM

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 23:20)

Somewhere more crimal-ey, like York or Coventry, however, would be cool. Football Hooligans, Chavs, helluva game Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

Coventry is a bit rough, but hardly GTA material. The same can be said for York, but it's not really that rough a place either. Manchester, Liverpool, Glasgow and Blackpool would all be better suited to GTA. But even so, London is the only city that's really iconic enough.

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:26 PM

If Rockstar were to make a UK-based game, they could have done one based on The Football Factory (2004) in the style of The Warriors. In case you aren't familiar, it was a hilarious drama based around a group of football hooligans that Rockstar were credited as "executive producers" for. Their logo is on the back of the DVD case.

PaddsterG2k3
  • PaddsterG2k3

The Bee's Knees

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:43 AM Edited by PaddsterG2k3, 29 August 2013 - 10:46 AM.

It would have to be London for iconic status and diversity of people. I still hope one day they do make it.

Years ago Medallion Man had a fantastic thread on a GTA London, but I cannot seem to find it.

Here is the late, great, GTA3Freak_2001's version of it.

...and here is the original "London Dossier"

GTA fan from the United Kingdom
  • GTA fan from the United Kingdom

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 03:16 PM

I think London would be good, but It might be a bit small for a GTA city, it would be better if they did the whole of the UK IMO.

London, Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds, Newcastle, Cornwall, Cardiff, Glagsow and Belfast with countryside.

PaddsterG2k3
  • PaddsterG2k3

The Bee's Knees

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 03:33 PM

If you read those links you'll see that London is actually bigger than NYC and LA!

RonaGui
  • RonaGui

Peon

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 04:22 PM

Want a big GTA? Put one in Rio de Janeiro state and you will see, I think it's the perfect place out of USA to one GTA title.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 31 August 2013 - 04:41 PM

QUOTE (RonaGui @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 11:22)
Want a big GTA? Put one in Rio de Janeiro state and you will see, I think it's the perfect place out of USA to one GTA title.

But Brazil isn't British dozingoff.gif

King of the North
  • King of the North

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE (02fishera @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 18:23)
QUOTE (universetwisters @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 23:20)

Somewhere more crimal-ey, like York or Coventry, however, would be cool. Football Hooligans, Chavs, helluva game  Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

Coventry is a bit rough, but hardly GTA material. The same can be said for York, but it's not really that rough a place either. Manchester, Liverpool, Glasgow and Blackpool would all be better suited to GTA. But even so, London is the only city that's really iconic enough.

Yeah I agree that if Rockstar set GTA in England/Britain it will feature London. They could use other cities such as Liverpool, Manchester, Glasgow, Edinburgh etc. but I think they would only do so if they were alongside London. Similar to the way San Francisco and Las Vegas were alongside LA in San Andreas, they could have a British GTA featuring London as the main city and then Liverpool and Manchester as secondary cities, or something like that.

There's nothing to suggest Rockstar will set a GTA in Britain any time soon though as they've set 2 of the last 3 GTA's in THE SAME CITY. A disappointment for me, although the new game does look great.

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:47 PM

no Gta Stays In America it would not feel like Gta tbh if it was set anywhere else i like the idea of them making an open world crime game set in the uk though i mean im sure it would be LOT better than getaway.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• GTA Series Staff
  • Ireland
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:40 PM

Would be better to locate a GTA in Edinburgh, Scotland. Pull out a heist for a game in development wink.gif

Seeto200
  • Seeto200

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:21 AM

Personally I'd love to see GTA return to London, being a game you could quite easily take out the not fun elements like the congestion charge, bus lanes etc,
for LC they made the city more fun than NY could ever be, but NY is a real city with real people, LC is a digital playground
The same can be done with London, you just take out the crappy elements and make it into a London themed playground.

It would be great backdrop and R* being a British company could really capture the city brilliantly
however I don't think they will any time soon.
as much I would love it, I am not sure how well it would be received by US audiences

Wolf of Badenoch
  • Wolf of Badenoch

Labore et Scientia

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:18 AM Edited by Valenta, 04 September 2013 - 03:19 AM.

QUOTE (GTA fan from the United Kingdom @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 15:16)
Glagsow

Glasgow.

I'd like to see a GTA game based on either Glasgow or London.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:38 AM

I'd burn myself like a buddhist monk in front of R* studio if that happened.

sammy123
  • sammy123

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:08 AM

I think London would be good, but It might be a bit small for a GTA city, it would be better if they did the whole of the UK IMO.

London, Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds, Newcastle, Cornwall, Cardiff, Glagsow and Belfast with countryside.

dont forget us good people down here in portsmouth, Big man

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users