Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do real experiences effect your in-game actions?

65 replies to this topic
Exquise
  • Exquise

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:53 PM

This might be a stupid question to most.

About 30 minutes ago I was out walking my mom's dog, and I got mugged.

It was one of the scariest experiences I've ever had, 3 guys surrounded me, checked my legs, pockets, hood etc etc

I didn't have anything on me except a broken iPod that I only use to listen to music on, which they took.

They threatened to 'Black' me (I'm assuming this means beat up) and possibly pull a gun on me.

If it were just one guy I would of fought back but I figured if I just do what they say as there were 3 I'd be able to get away, they then threatened to kill me if I called the police on them.

Thinking about GTA 5 simply from this makes me think of the game in a completely different perspective outside of the missions. I know I won't be as much of an *sshole as I was.

SuperDuperGta
  • SuperDuperGta

Homie

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:55 PM

haha

MetalMilitia
  • MetalMilitia

Dimebag

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:55 PM

Guessing they were chavs (Since youre in UK)

and i got mugged by 3 guys aswell, had a broken nose and a f*cked up face, but i didnt try to fight cuz there was 3 of them and i was the only one..... they could have f*cked me up bad

Exquise
  • Exquise

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:58 PM

QUOTE (MetalMilitia @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 21:55)

and i got mugged by 3 guys aswell, had a broken nose and a f*cked up face, but i didnt try to fight cuz there was 3 of them and i was the only one..... they could have f*cked me up bad

Yeah they did.

The worst thing is is back when I lived with my dad I bought myself a German Shepard dog, which got ran over (2 years ago) if that never happened and I had that dog with me they probably wouldn't have done sh*t confused.gif

Luckily they only threatened me and didn't actually do anything, likely they had a knife or something.

Cowboy_Bebop
  • Cowboy_Bebop

tokin

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:59 PM

thats why i love america we can carry guns

im sorry about that man but im always an advocate for standing up for yourself

your life or theirs man

then again over here people kill cause their bord

sh*tty times we live in

MetalMilitia
  • MetalMilitia

Dimebag

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:59 PM

QUOTE (Exquise @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 21:58)

Yeah they did.

The worst thing is is back when I lived with my dad I bought myself a German Shepard dog, which got ran over (2 years ago) if that never happened and I had that dog with me they probably wouldn't have done sh*t confused.gif

Luckily they only threatened me and didn't actually do anything, likely they had a knife or something.

Yep you never know, its better to stay away from trouble than get f*cked up and end up in hospital when GTA 5 is being released in 21 days xD

Hope youre okay though

Korisselys
  • Korisselys

Homie

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:00 PM

throw that damn useless dog away dude

ROCKSTAR MANIC
  • ROCKSTAR MANIC

Vice City Mamba

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:03 PM

QUOTE (Exquise @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 21:58)

Yeah they did.

The just gave you empty threats so they can mug you easily. did you call the cops??

tigertoddy2008
  • tigertoddy2008

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:04 PM

QUOTE (Exquise @ Tuesday, Aug 27 2013, 07:53)
If it were just one guy I would of fought back but I figured if I just do what they say as there were 3 I'd be able to get away, they then threatened to kill me if I called the police on them.

Call the police, if they're making threats against you doing that, then they're obviously genuinely scared of getting caught... wouldn't mind betting they're well known, too

maddhatter501
  • maddhatter501

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:08 PM

QUOTE (Exquise @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 21:53)

It was one of the scariest experiences I've ever had, 3 guys surrounded me, checked my legs, pockets, hood etc etc

I didn't have anything on me except a broken iPod that I only use to listen to music on, which they took.

They threatened to 'Black' me (I'm assuming this means beat up) and possibly pull a gun on me.

Thinking about GTA 5 simply from this makes me think of the game in a completely different perspective outside of the missions. I know I won't be as much of an *sshole as I was.

A personal reason is 1 of the reasons I won't attack woman in gta, that plus it's 1 of my principles, Anyway sorry that happen man, next time carry a knife with you, just incase.

MetalMilitia
  • MetalMilitia

Dimebag

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:10 PM

QUOTE (maddhatter501 @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 22:08)

A personal reason is 1 of the reasons I won't attack woman in gta, that plus it's 1 of my principles, Anyway sorry that happen man, next time carry a knife with you, just incase.

UK's police is would stop you if they knew you were carrying a knife

beauedwards1991
  • beauedwards1991

Prankster

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:10 PM

Remember when I got attacked on my birthday by some bloke coming out of the pub. He had his car keys between his knuckles and punched me in the face, had a deep hole just under my eye. Luckily, one of my mates is a security guard, and I was practising Muay Thai at that time, and between us we kicked the living daylights out of him and his mate he was with, who threatened to knife my friend. We then threw them through their car window.

But then you get arsehole chavs who come in gangs of about 15, threatening anyone nearby and causing havoc. Those lot are scumbags with no morals whatsoever.

JustOneMonth
  • JustOneMonth

Griefer? Better Call Saul!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:13 PM

QUOTE (MetalMilitia @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 22:10)
QUOTE (maddhatter501 @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 22:08)

UK's police is would stop you if they knew you were carrying a knife

There was a case i saw on a tv report about a guy who got convicted because he killed his mugger with a knife he had in his poket. Really weird, he walked free. This in the US.

Ranieri.
  • Ranieri.

Aim To Please, Shoot To Kill.

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:15 PM

QUOTE (ROCKSTAR MANIC @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 22:03)
[QUOTE=Exquise,Monday, Aug 26 2013, 21:58] [QUOTE=MetalMilitia,Monday, Aug 26 2013, 21:55] Guessing they were chavs (Since youre in UK)

and i got mugged by 3 guys aswell, had a broken nose and a f*cked up face, but i didnt try to fight cuz there was 3 of them and i was the only one....

Luckily they only threatened me and didn't actually do anything, likely they had a knife or something. [/QUOTE]
The just gave you empty threats so they can mug you easily. did you call the cops??

No, his first thought was to post on the Gta V forums..Lol

SlappyPwnsAss
  • SlappyPwnsAss

I done kept it real from tha jump

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:15 PM

I also got robbed once. They stole my phone and my wallet. Thank god it was an old phone and my wallet was basically empty. There were like 5 guys.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:18 PM

Maybe you should get off the forums and fill out a police report.

Anyways, plenty of times I have come home from 2 hours of traffic and decided to fire up GTA IV to vent my anger on the pedestrians and drivers of Liberty City

TensaZangetsu
  • TensaZangetsu

White Shinigami

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:21 PM

This happened to me at school once. 3 black guys were holding me down beating me in the face, I tried kicking and tried punching but no luck, I got about one lick or 2 out of those punches. but that was at the end of the school year, the next school year The guy and his friends was supposed to be suspended/expelled but wasn't. The guy was still mad at me for no reason, and so he went around telling everyone I was gonna bring a gun to school because he was still pissed, and he wanted me to be expelled instead, so I had no other choice but to quit school. And now here I am 1 year later, still taking GED classes. f*cking shame. I still feel your pain though man. Next time I would carry a pocket knife or something just in case. if not, bring an adult with you next time, or someone who can fight.

ROCKSTAR MANIC
  • ROCKSTAR MANIC

Vice City Mamba

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:21 PM

what?? were you in a secluded place or what?? no witnesses?? confused.gif

BettyBlueGT
  • BettyBlueGT

Thug

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:25 PM

QUOTE (VoiceoftheVoiceless @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 22:21)
This happened to me at school once. 3 black guys were holding me down beating me in the face

Just had to use race didn't you..

s0init
  • s0init

fatty yokel's cousin

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:25 PM

QUOTE (Cowboy_Bebop @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 21:59)

your life or theirs man

sh*tty times we live in

we can carry guns aswell? just not legally lol.gif

sorry to hear you got mugged, I know loads of people who have got mugged. the f*cking annoying thing about it is when they do it in groups. they're scared on their own, the little fags.

TensaZangetsu
  • TensaZangetsu

White Shinigami

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:28 PM

QUOTE (BettyBlueGT @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 17:25)
QUOTE (VoiceoftheVoiceless @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 22:21)
This happened to me at school once. 3 black guys were holding me down beating me in the face

Just had to use race didn't you..

I said black guys, what's so bad about that?

Exquise
  • Exquise

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:59 PM

Just a little update for those who care. my girlfriend called me crying all worried and stuff.

The police came over and I gave a statement. They said that it was a robbery because I felt intimidated which is a more serious crime, and a female that was there (assuming they get caught) will go to jail for robbery and assault & battery. He said that because she touched me it's considered assault. He then offered to give me a lift over to my girlfriends place because she kept calling & texting me to ask if I was okay. Other then that, he took the clothes I was wearing, gave me a lift and that was it. He was really cool.

On the subject of GTA, this has put me off civilian rampages. I know it's just a game but it doesn't feel the same after that, while it was fun before hand, after experiencing first hand how horrible some people in this world are it's put me off that part of GTA.

Won't stop me playing it though colgate.gif

twigs2001
  • twigs2001

Homie

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:05 AM

mugged by a girl bro jesus...ive watched loads of ufc and would of just tapped all 3 of them asses maybe got a titty grab in on the girl in the process.

GTAFan0913
  • GTAFan0913

Trick

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:05 AM

This happened to me coming out of the bar one night with my girl. Open carry license FTW. Pulled my gun out and put it in his ribs... he backed up real quick.

Hope you are good man. Happens to most of us at some point in one form or another sadly.

Maxios
  • Maxios

Nerd

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:09 AM

Several years before I was born, my mother was the victim of a terrifying home invasion robbery. That's the main reason why I never really played the optional robbery activity in San Andreas, and why I won't play it if it returns in V.

TheCrewGeneral
  • TheCrewGeneral

P★C★G★A★M★E★R

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:11 AM

QUOTE (Cowboy_Bebop @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 21:59)

your life or theirs man

sh*tty times we live in

icon14.gif

TheCrewGeneral
  • TheCrewGeneral

P★C★G★A★M★E★R

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:15 AM

In Amerikah. We got guns. So people think twice about mugging each other. Because shootouts would be scary.

johntheguy
  • johntheguy

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:17 AM

If anything, your experience should tempt you to roll into the ghettos of Los Santos and dish out some good ol' fashioned vigilante justice, Charles Bronson-style.

user posted image

Thejamman123
  • Thejamman123

LEAVE ROCKSTAR ALONE!!

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:18 AM

You got mugged for a broken ipod? HAHAHAHAHAAHAH f*cking chavs,

Cinoy
  • Cinoy

✈✈✈✈✈✈

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:19 AM