Photo

Play as a "Good Guy"

32 replies to this topic
Rockteur
  • Rockteur

The BIG one!

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:40 PM

Sorry if I'm not up-to-date but any word on playing a non-drug lord/bank robber style role?

Cowboy_Bebop
  • Cowboy_Bebop

tokin

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:44 PM

lol no bro this is GTA you are behind if you dont know this game is about criminals

if you wanna be a lawyer check out:
user posted image
icon14.gif

DroneGeneral
  • DroneGeneral

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:45 PM

I agree, i know its Grand 'Theft' Auto, and i dont want it to be like sims, but i think having careers would be kind of great, even in the Story Mode, like i was thinking about loan sharking, car dealerships, lawyers, bar owner, cop, even an athlete or actor, just something different and then times were their bad i guess, i think that would be great.

Cowboy_Bebop
  • Cowboy_Bebop

tokin

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE (DroneGeneral @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 22:45)
I agree, i know its Grand 'Theft' Auto, and i dont want it to be like sims, but i think having careers would be kind of great, even in the Story Mode, like i was thinking about loan sharking, car dealerships, lawyers, bar owner, cop, even an athlete or actor, just something different and then times were their bad i guess, i think that would be great.

this would be cool once its a fully developed MMORPG

but until then....

Kreuzn
  • Kreuzn

Most Wanted

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:58 PM

QUOTE (DroneGeneral @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 22:45)

Why would you want to work in a video game? Working sucks lol.

I'm playing gta to kill, steal, drive fast, and do stupid sh*t that would kill me or put me in jail in real life.

maloy82
  • maloy82

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:26 PM

actually most sucessful crime syndicates are built, under leget jobs, a crime syndicate is , way more organized then the orginal , street gang actually because of it, so yes, im so for those who want to go threw the game, leget.

fridaynightscream
  • fridaynightscream

Just an average gamer.

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:28 PM

So you wanna be like Saul Goodman from Breaking Bad?

Rockteur
  • Rockteur

The BIG one!

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:36 PM

QUOTE (fridaynightscream @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 23:28)
So you wanna be like Saul Goodman from Breaking Bad?

Yes. Best show on TV.

PackratJames
  • PackratJames

The iceman f*cking cometh

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:40 PM

This is a little off topic but i think it would be fun to have online missions where you repossess vehicles smile.gif

mbunleashed09
  • mbunleashed09

Peon

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:07 AM

I think R* SHOULD put in the repo job, but you never know, we don't know much

cody7799
  • cody7799

ES-RP V Officer

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:42 AM

They said they'll work at GTA until it's a Life Simulator. I can see the same for GTAO. Give it time, and we'll see legit careers. Hell, as is, when it goes online, you could just screw with the stock market, be a day trader.

FR_Player-One
  • FR_Player-One

NO BULLSHlT ALLOWED Pew Pew Pew - - -

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:00 AM

I think having "jobs" can be a good idea. But don't get me wrong, I don't expect it to be a boring job simulator, it would be more like a side activity or side missions.

I heard car dealer ? Not behind your computer.
Imagine you have to drive a customer around in the car he's interested in, and fill up a gauge of "satisfaction" as you drive the car the way he want. (this is the kind of mission we've seen a loy in previous GTAs)

For example if he want a family car, then drive carefully for a certain time. If he want a sport car you have to drive fast on a straight line, or make burn out, drift, well things that make him love the car and buy it. He wants a 4x4, go off road and make crazy jumps ! Etc etc.
It can be original enough to be in GTA V, or Online maybe.

Other missions for a car dealer, could be stealing specific cars and bring them back to the garage.

"Jobs", yes, but it all depends how it's done. Pretty sure there is always an amusing way to do it.

fuck sivispacem
  • fuck sivispacem

I love Sivispacem

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:51 PM

QUOTE (Cowboy_Bebop @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 22:44)
lol no bro this is GTA you are behind if you dont know this game is about criminals

user posted image
icon14.gif

LMAO just schooled that kid

guygamer1
  • guygamer1

Domestic Battery Commissioner

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:09 PM

I think I would get bored playing a good guy for too long much prefer to be a bad guy.

UP9390
  • UP9390

Railfan, Sheriff of Los Santos County - PSN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:03 AM

QUOTE (Cowboy_Bebop @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 17:44)

user posted image
icon14.gif

WERE NOT FORCING YOU to play as Law Enforcement, Damn ignorant people... It will create more of a challenge online for those playing as criminals, "Law Enforcement, a front row seat to the greatest show on Earth". It's not changing the Single Player, Money is needed online, it gives us more ways to earn cash, including legitimate ways. You could do legit jobs to earn money to put towards equipment for a heist. Use the job you have as a cover story to where you were at during the time of the robbery.

fuck sivispacem
  • fuck sivispacem

I love Sivispacem

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:45 AM Edited by GroveVendetta, 28 August 2013 - 12:47 AM.

QUOTE (guygamer1 @ Tuesday, Aug 27 2013, 19:09)
I think I would get bored playing a good guy for too long much prefer to be a bad guy.

then play a different game

problem solved..
you wanna be a cop play LA Noir
you wanna be a criminal play GTA
you wanna be a lawyer play
user posted image

QUOTE (UP9390)
WERE NOT FORCING YOU to play as Law Enforcement, Damn ignorant people... It will create more of a challenge online for those playing as criminals, "Law Enforcement, a front row seat to the greatest show on Earth". It's not changing the Single Player, Money is needed online, it gives us more ways to earn cash, including legitimate ways. You could do legit jobs to earn money to put towards equipment for a heist. Use the job you have as a cover story to where you were at during the time of the robbery.

Cops and Robbers is a game mode in GTA IV but hardly anyone played it so there's no point on focusing on that aspect (I've been playing GTA since 2009, i know what im talking about)

Zhamed_
  • Zhamed_

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:57 AM

QUOTE (GroveVendetta @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 00:45)

problem solved..
user posted image

QUOTE (UP9390)

Cops and Robbers is a game mode in GTA IV but hardly anyone played it so there's no point on focusing on that aspect (I've been playing GTA since 2009, i know what im talking about)

i am completely new to this site, and i agree with this man.

icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif

quidyg
  • quidyg

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:20 AM

problem solved..
user posted image

QUOTE (UP9390)

going by that logic, should R* remove the majority of the mini-games they've added?

Chad Warden
  • Chad Warden

goes by many different names

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:34 AM

"I've played GTA since 2009, I know what I'm talking about..."

That's enough internet for me today, bye children.

fuck sivispacem
  • fuck sivispacem

I love Sivispacem

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:59 PM

QUOTE (quidyg @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 02:20)

problem solved..
user posted image

QUOTE (UP9390)

going by that logic, should R* remove the majority of the mini-games they've added?

No but they shouldn't focus on people being cops since it didn't do well in GTA IV it's simple marketing and common sense

FR_Player-One
  • FR_Player-One

NO BULLSHlT ALLOWED Pew Pew Pew - - -

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:42 PM

QUOTE (GroveVendetta @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 13:59)
QUOTE (quidyg @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 02:20)

problem solved..
user posted image

QUOTE (UP9390)

No but they shouldn't focus on people being cops since it didn't do well in GTA IV it's simple marketing and common sense

That's why the mod LCPD:FR is so popular right ?

Why would GTA limit itself to criminal activities only ? Previous GTAs had A LOT of side activities, they weren't all "criminal". Many of them were what you could consider as "job".
They're just activities. No one forces you to do them, except if they're part of a mission.

I play GTA since the first one. Come at me bro.

nalyd721
  • nalyd721

Erebus International

• Members

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:25 PM

I personally loved doing the 'Vigilante' and 'Paramedic' missions in GTA III and VC. Heck, even the taxi driver missions were fun for a little while. You get to learn the city, different routes to take, etc. If we are calling those 'legitimate' jobs then i'm all for them in the online component of GTA.

TheWordIsMarc
  • TheWordIsMarc

Marcus J

• Members

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:32 PM

Why Y'all putting the good guys off for?
We gotta hold some mug up for his new fly ride wink.gif

cash68
  • cash68

Snitch

• Members

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:42 PM

problem solved..
user posted image

QUOTE (UP9390)

Are you f*cking kidding? Cops N Crooks was the only mode I played; it's also the mode that the majority of the TOP (upper 100 of over 3.5 million) play. IBANGGUNS, Naughty Moose, Sgt Slaughter, etc etc etc. All are CNC players. You're a complete idiot.

fuck sivispacem
  • fuck sivispacem

I love Sivispacem

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:48 PM

QUOTE (cash68 @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 09:42)
Are you f*cking kidding?  Cops N Crooks was the only mode I played; it's also the mode that the majority of the TOP (upper 100 of over 3.5 million) play.  IBANGGUNS, Naughty Moose, Sgt Slaughter, etc etc etc.  All are CNC players.  You're a complete idiot.

hey dipsh*t did i say no one ever played it? i said it was unpopular because obviously i played it alot but i would always have to play with friends because people would rarely join and Rockstar isn't going to make a game about being a cop and bank robber just because you are too scared to join the force but want to be a cop on a game and when you compare all the other modes to cop and crooks you will see what i'm tring to say but your a simple minded pussy who doesn't know sh*t

ShinobiFixer
  • ShinobiFixer

way of the snake

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:12 AM

QUOTE (dragon_goran_mijo @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 10:34)
"I've played GTA since 2009, I know what I'm talking about..."

That's enough internet for me today, bye children.

lul seriously, I read that sh*t too. Damn kids, I've been playing GTA since GTA 2 on PSone and I still don't know what the f*ck I'm talking about.

guygamer1
  • guygamer1

Domestic Battery Commissioner

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:02 PM

problem solved..
user posted image

QUOTE (UP9390)

Did you even read what I said? I said I will get bored playing a good guy. Why should I play a different game?

UP9390
  • UP9390

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:06 PM

QUOTE (guygamer1 @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 09:02)

problem solved..
user posted image

QUOTE (UP9390)

Did you even read what I said? I said I will get bored playing a good guy. Why should I play a different game?

No one said you are being forced to play as Law Enforcement! Damn how ignorant are you people?

THE DRAGOON
  • THE DRAGOON

BRING ME ANOTHER!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE (GroveVendetta @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 22:48)
Are you f*cking kidding?† Cops N Crooks was the only mode I played; it's also the mode that the majority of the TOP (upper 100 of over 3.5 million) play.† IBANGGUNS, Naughty Moose, Sgt Slaughter, etc etc etc.† All are CNC players.† You're a complete idiot.

hey dipsh*t did i say no one ever played it? i said it was unpopular because obviously i played it alot but i would always have to play with friends because people would rarely join and Rockstar isn't going to make a game about being a cop and bank robber just because you are too scared to join the force but want to be a cop on a game and when you compare all the other modes to cop and crooks you will see what i'm tring to say but your a simple minded pussy who doesn't know sh*t

Shut the hell up.

Want to know how long I've played GTA? See, I can talk out of my ass too, and include a random year. 2009 isn't impressive. I was around since Vice City, and I think we all get the general grasp of ideas.

PSN still actively plays Cops And Robbers, infact it's really active when I get on at night.

As for OP? No disrespect, but I doubt we technically NEED a side activity. To give you an idea, we do have the idea of gangs now. Why not, and it already seems like you did, go to Social Club, make a police gang, and ride around in cop cars. Decorate yourself like a law enforcer if possible, and ride around with other cops patrolling the streets. If there's a group doing a bank heist, head right in and blast through it, taking out the people involved in the heist.

You can still technically be law enforcers.

UP9390
  • UP9390

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:42 PM

QUOTE (SideburnGuru @ Friday, Aug 30 2013, 11:59)
QUOTE (GroveVendetta @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 22:48)
Are you f*cking kidding?† Cops N Crooks was the only mode I played; it's also the mode that the majority of the TOP (upper 100 of over 3.5 million) play.† IBANGGUNS, Naughty Moose, Sgt Slaughter, etc etc etc.† All are CNC players.† You're a complete idiot.

Shut the hell up.

Want to know how long I've played GTA? See, I can talk out of my ass too, and include a random year. 2009 isn't impressive. I was around since Vice City, and I think we all get the general grasp of ideas.

PSN still actively plays Cops And Robbers, infact it's really active when I get on at night.

As for OP? No disrespect, but I doubt we technically NEED a side activity. To give you an idea, we do have the idea of gangs now. Why not, and it already seems like you did, go to Social Club, make a police gang, and ride around in cop cars. Decorate yourself like a law enforcer if possible, and ride around with other cops patrolling the streets. If there's a group doing a bank heist, head right in and blast through it, taking out the people involved in the heist.

You can still technically be law enforcers.

The only way they have shown us that we can make money so far is being a criminal, were talking about earning money as Public Safety (Police, Fire & EMS) and other jobs such as a Armored Bank Truck Guard that is armed. Criminal's are going to be able to earn money in Free Mode from robberies, so why can't we earn money as Public Safety & other jobs in Free Mode? APB Reloaded does this good from the videos I have seen, but my computer won't run it. People could also do stuff like trucking, haul illegal stuff for alot of money, but suffer serious fines it caught. V is being based around money, therefore we need these activites as an alternative. I play as a criminal on the single player of IV except when I do the Police Computer missions. I want to be able to do it with the AI Law Enforcement on multiplayer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users