Photo

Parent's Heritage (Create a Character)

20 replies to this topic
sheehy83
  • sheehy83

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:25 PM

So, this was announced and kind of hidden by the Collectors Edition characters.

GTA Online introduces a new spin on traditional character creation with the hereditary-based creation system. Select your characterís appearance by choosing your parentís heritage, then use the gene dominance meter to dial-in which parent your appearance favors more. Additionally, you'll customize your character's daily activities - everything from family time to illegal work and sports to couch potato hours all have an impact on your characterís appearance and skill set (and you can always rank up your skill stats more via gameplay). As part of the Collectorís Edition package, you'll get Niko Bellic, along with both Claude and Misty from Grand Theft Auto III to use as parent options within the character creation system.

So, you have to pick characters from your heritage and the system will generate your looks for you? No more selecting different heads like GTA IV. Really need more info about this 'Parent's Heritage' system Rockstar!!

jamminsport16
  • jamminsport16

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:27 PM

Ya, so many ppl will look the same if u choose same heritage.. hmm

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:46 PM

Interesting concept. Need to see it in action. notify.gif

AceHigh11
  • AceHigh11

Homie

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:48 PM

Just heard of this. Now this is an interesting concept. Messing around with genes and sh*t like a mad scientist.

Masterjts
  • Masterjts

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:55 PM

You also have to remember that the sliders on how much you look like your mother/father as well as your daily activities will alter your appearance. There might also be some random variants in there as well.

THEBIGZED
  • THEBIGZED

For an annoying dick, you really are an annoying dick.

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:57 PM

I was wondering how the character creation works. Some said you'd just choose them like in many previous Rockstar games but boy am I glad to hear they've done something else.

Just a very creative and undoubtly funny way to create a character, can't wait to see it. If there's plenty of variants (as it seems there will be) everyone will look a little bit different. Wonder if they used some kind of a generating system for the regular peds too and then just brought that over to GTA Online in a new way wow.gif

Vellocet
  • Vellocet

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:05 PM

The Character creation looks much better than i thought it would be, i will be cool to mess around with this.

mibowolf19
  • mibowolf19

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:19 PM

QUOTE (Vellocet @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 17:05)
The Character creation looks much better than i thought it would be, i will be cool to mess around with this.

Is there a video i can watch of this?

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE (mibowolf19 @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 15:19)
QUOTE (Vellocet @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 17:05)

Is there a video i can watch of this?

Nope, we have to wait until the Online goes live.

Lil_B_The Basedgod
  • Lil_B_The Basedgod

f*ck the mods

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:22 PM

so, only claude, niko and misty? are you f*cking serious?
no CJ, vic, luis, tommy?
f*cking cockstar.this is just awful...

ActionBronson
  • ActionBronson

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:41 PM

Man, I thought the custom character creation was for CE buyers only at first. I was about to be a bit disappointed I didn't invest in it.

Kreuzn
  • Kreuzn

Most Wanted

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:50 PM

Really interesting, I didn't see this coming. I can't wait to see how it works but I imagine it will be a great way to be able to have as much individuality within the game as possible.

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

I can't picture life without a point of view..

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:11 PM

Interesting, so technically you could base your parents as Misty And Claude and set the paramters to where they are mainly from Claude so you could make a 90% look alike of him...

And these are just a few of them, who knows how many of the classic characters are returning for use in this amazing feature.

Khaos_Kiwi
  • Khaos_Kiwi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:32 PM

I'm hoping it's in-depth enough so that we don't get a sh*tload of similar looking characters.

mbunleashed09
  • mbunleashed09

Peon

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:01 AM Edited by mbunleashed09, 27 August 2013 - 12:05 AM.

That's great to hear....maybe it will be like.....

Pick your parents/family heritage:

Choose your skin color - Dark (Pure Black tounge2.gif ), Medium (Brown), Light medium (Spanish), Light (Asian), Really light(White)

Mom - Biker, Gangster, Mafia, Workforce, regular, Indians?, Triad

Dad - Same stuff

Who do you resemble most?

Use the slider to scroll between the 2 (Chooses your facial structures)

What are your favorite activities:

Sport, Drugs, Gangbanging, Robbing, Family,Racing, etc... (Chooses your build)

Kinda like NBA Street Homecourt

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:26 AM

You should be able to use the "offspring" as parents. Several generations down the results could get interesting depending how many genetic variables there are (obviously not as many as a real life form, these things may only have dozens of genes, if that).

A fascinating extension of this would be letting two active in-game characters mate and have offspring who inherit the property of a parent character who permanently dies. The player who owns the dead character would then continue as the (adult) child character who has a combination of abilities of the two parents.

GTA weddings!

Lil_B_The Basedgod
  • Lil_B_The Basedgod

f*ck the mods

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:46 AM

QUOTE (Magic_Al @ Tuesday, Aug 27 2013, 00:26)
You should be able to use the "offspring" as parents. Several generations down the results could get interesting depending how many genetic variables there are (obviously not as many as a real life form, these things may only have dozens of genes, if that).

A fascinating extension of this would be letting two active in-game characters mate and have offspring who inherit the property of a parent character who permanently dies. The player who owns the dead character would then continue as the (adult) child character who has a combination of abilities of the two parents.

GTA weddings!

woah.....MINDBLOWN....

Antisociopath
  • Antisociopath

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:42 AM

Just want to confirm, trying to wrap my head around this.

So, is the heritage system only exclusive for CE?

Twiggy123
  • Twiggy123

HNIC of the NN

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:22 AM

QUOTE (Antisociopath @ Tuesday, Aug 27 2013, 01:42)

No they just decided to talk about it and use the CE characters as an example. It works like this.

Say you pick two preset characters from a list. One male and one female.

You get a set of sliders to determine how they will look after you have chosen.

The first slider will determine which parent you want your character to most resemble.

The next set of sliders are everything from family time to illegal work and sports to couch potato hours these will determine things like weight, muscle, etc.

This will make for a very high amount of unique online characters in my opinion. Since it will be hard to have the exact same choices as a stranger.

Antisociopath
  • Antisociopath

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:29 AM

QUOTE (Twiggy123 @ Tuesday, Aug 27 2013, 02:22)

No they just decided to talk about it and use the CE characters as an example. It works like this.

The first slider will determine which parent you want your character to most resemble.

The next set of sliders are everything from family time to illegal work and sports to couch potato hours these will determine things like weight, muscle, etc.

This will make for a very high amount of unique online characters in my opinion. Since it will be hard to have the exact same choices as a stranger.

Thanks for clearing that out man, something less to speculate about and the more reason for us to be hyped for GTA Online biggrin.gif

Nice Try Guvnah
  • Nice Try Guvnah

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:40 AM

QUOTE (Antisociopath @ Tuesday, Aug 27 2013, 03:29)
QUOTE (Twiggy123 @ Tuesday, Aug 27 2013, 02:22)

Thanks for clearing that out man, something less to speculate about and the more reason for us to be hyped for GTA Online biggrin.gif

that is f*cking awesome. you are the man

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users