Photo

Who will be your parents?

61 replies to this topic
Arran B
  • Arran B

The '80s enthusiast.

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:33 PM

QUOTE (AllenKS @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 18:03)
user posted image

This dude.

What's the source of this screen mate?

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:35 PM

No.

RaptorTaco
  • RaptorTaco

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:39 PM

QUOTE (Gigabomber @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 17:11)
Really don't see why they made a barrier between our direct customization of our characters look. Unless the parents will be in the game and we can kill them, I don't really see a point.

It's just a way they felt they can shoehorn characters from the previous games in there, because otherwise it is a complete waste of time, unless I can pick Bruce Banner (the Hulk) as my dad, it's a complete waste of time.

My guess would be that they used a similar sort of system to generate a wider variety of random pedestrian models in GTA V proper (variation off of initial seeds, simimlar to how a game like cloudberry kingdom generates infinite levels). They realized they could use the same system for online character creation, instead of having to develop and implement a new character builder, and found that using the parent idea was a way to ground it in some sort of conceivable justification.

And if that IS the case... That's actually saving a ton of time, not wasting it wink.gif

It seems really interesting if you ask me.

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:50 PM

QUOTE (Acetaminophen @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 15:29)
QUOTE (Negan @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 10:23)
Can you atleast look at threads on the first page nex time? Fagget.

Can you try not to be an A**hole "nex time" wink.gif

This forum has ALWAYS had it's share of douchebags, but recently, it has become an all out a**hole festival. The join dates are almost exclusively within the past month.

Gigabomber
  • Gigabomber

Infinite Ammo Amorous

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:36 PM

QUOTE (RaptorTaco @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 11:39)
They realized they could use the same system for online character creation, instead of having to develop and implement a new character builder, and found that using the parent idea was a way to ground it in some sort of conceivable justification.

And if that IS the case... That's actually saving a ton of time, not wasting it wink.gif

It seems really interesting if you ask me.

Interesting theory, but I don't think it's true. Simpler is always easier to program, and picking two people and merging their traits actually means that most of the online people (we're talking millions, now) will have characters that look like brother and sister rather than direct clones. Hopefully they won't look identical, but it's certainly not easier to program than 15 set noses and 15 set hair colors and then randomize them.

I suppose it is a way to make a person feel like they are responsible for generating a character without getting bogged down for an hour and a half in the character creator. Of course, saints row got around that with a plastic surgeon in game, one of their greatest innovations.

Cowboy_Bebop
  • Cowboy_Bebop

tokin

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:34 PM

QUOTE (Kernel32 @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 15:52)
Speaking of parents, the Houser's mother (Geraldine Moffat) seems to be a logical explanation for the boys' inspiration and talent smile.gif

user posted image

f*ckING GET CARTER!!!!

i thought i was the only one who knew this info

icon14.gif

ParanoiaX
  • ParanoiaX

Mad Paro

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:14 AM Edited by One Poor Fool, 27 August 2013 - 10:02 AM.

QUOTE (will_owen @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 16:44)
Its still unclear and it could be what your suggesting but I thought for standard it would just be some generic style parents with different ethnicities and looks and that claude niko and misty were the only classics returning for CE

read the quoted text again and comprehend it like you are taking an English exam. The explanation is hidden within Rockstars crazy use of words! Come on, what is more likely, generic parents like a Joe, John, Barry, etc they are not trying to bore us or people like Tony Cipriani, Luis, CJ etc,

ParanoiaX
  • ParanoiaX

Mad Paro

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:19 AM Edited by One Poor Fool, 27 August 2013 - 07:11 AM.

deleted

Honest Bill
  • Honest Bill

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:27 AM

If possible, i would be the son of Phil Cassidy and Catalina.

ParanoiaX
  • ParanoiaX

Mad Paro

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:09 AM

QUOTE (Honest Bill @ Tuesday, Aug 27 2013, 04:27)
If possible, i would be the son of Phil Cassidy and Catalina.

That would be one crazy motherfunker to unleash hell with! You see if they have 50 fathers, 50 mothers, that creates a whole range of different looking GTA Babies, then take the fact you can select which parent you take after more, then it doubles the amount of potential different looking characters, then take into account it could be done by a scale (also gender choice doubles this potential number aswell)

eg Instead of looking like your father Tommy Vercetti more than Mercedes your mother you could be 8 points Tommy and 2 points Mercedes, each level of the scale between the parents could look different, which creates even more differences between the characters

Also it says we can pick different character traits which will differenciate our appearance like couch potato, adrenaline junky etc, so even if me and you have the same parents, it is unlikely we will look the same because my GTA baby is 3 Tommy Vercetti and 7 Mercedes on the hereditary dial in thing and also a couch potato while your GTA baby is 9 Tommy Vercetti and 1 Mercedes and an adrenaline junky. So it is quite unlikely in a room with 15 other players you will have the exact same looking character and if so, so what nice coincidence.

hopefully we can change this all the time well I hope im right i think it sounds the most fun way to do it!

Ertrick36
  • Ertrick36

Sole Survivor

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:55 AM

QUOTE (GTAV92 @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 17:30)
QUOTE (Swat911 @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 15:24)
Who's Your Daddy?

LOL reminds me of this biggrin.gif

Haha, me too.

My parents... I dunno... I don't quite know who I'd make my parents. I mean for one thing, I don't even know what selection I have. I guess I can speculate, but I don't really know what the characters from older GTA games will look like in this game.

will_owen
  • will_owen

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:52 AM

Whether in the standard edition its just generic parents or all classic ones I think its a good way to do the character creation cause I don't like to spend hours tweaking every little aspect for them then to look fake and not realistic Its definitely the right way to go in my opinion.

ParanoiaX
  • ParanoiaX

Mad Paro

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:44 AM

I agree its the best way to go that way youll spend a few minutes deciding rather than hours tweaking noses etc. I think we would all agree if the standard edition parent options were generic people, it would be a huge missed opportunity on behalf of rockstar for these parent options not to be the likes of Johnny Klebbitz Ricardo Diaz Catalina etc

ParanoiaX
  • ParanoiaX

Mad Paro

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:53 AM

QUOTE (JOSEPH X @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 17:36)
QUOTE (will_owen @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 16:44)
Its still unclear and it could be what your suggesting but I thought for standard it would just be some generic style parents with different ethnicities and looks and that claude niko and misty were the only classics returning for CE

I don't think they would have three past GTA characters, then have a load of generic racial models to act as parents. I think all the parents will be stars of past GTAs and possibly other R* franchises.

For parents I'd go Gerald McReary & Gracie Ancelotti.

icon14.gif It just seems to make sense, I cant see them being generic nobodies as the choices, believe that Rockstar will make this as cool as possible!

Demetri_FTO_1.
  • Demetri_FTO_1.

Malibu's Most Wanted

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:37 AM

this whole parent system is f*cking stupid man. the traits are kinda cool, but they should do character customization like saints row 2-4. Rock* has the chance to make this the greatest game of all time. this game is perfect in every way, and im not trying to hate or anything. but please dont f*ck it up by making me have to look like niko bellic or some sh*t. im sure a lot of people agree with me.

ParanoiaX
  • ParanoiaX

Mad Paro

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:22 AM

QUOTE (Demetri_FTO_1. @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 10:37)
this whole parent system is f*cking stupid man. the traits are kinda cool, but they should do character customization like saints row 2-4. Rock* has the chance to make this the greatest game of all time. this game is perfect in every way, and im not trying to hate or anything. but please dont f*ck it up by making me have to look like niko bellic or some sh*t. im sure a lot of people agree with me.

Theres alot to be revealed about this feature. the only info we are working off is a few lines of cryptic text from Rockstar. Dont worry Rockstar know what they are doing, they do better work on their games than anyone, look at how far that character creation in Saints Row got Volition, they are drowning in the competition and have pretty much ran their franchise into the ground(in my opinion)

TaviColen123
  • TaviColen123

Trollhater

• BUSTED!
  • Romania

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:08 PM

QUOTE (Demetri_FTO_1. @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 10:37)

Yes, because we all like to run around in blue skin and pink hair . dozingoff.gif

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:08 PM

I want Niko to have my baby.

TheWordIsMarc
  • TheWordIsMarc

Marcus J

• Members

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:25 PM

I'll got for the closest parents which can make my character and traits i want him to have.

I'm guessing you can read the traits and details of parents to make the choice...

- Father - African American - Criminal , Athletic , Sports Enthusiast , Gang Life Style those kind of traits - Also body Builder if that's a trait...and doesn't clash..

- Mother - Caucasian/Hispanic/African American (Undecided) - Good Person , Athletic , Always On The Go Moving and Shaking those kinds of traits.

My Character has a name and a whole persona about him already so anything which will get him to be the character I'm creating.

I think its very smart and very different. It actually gives reason to your character and a sense of individuality...Okay people can choose the same choices but i think the whole overall idea is smart. Because everyone is based of DNA...You don't choose how your face looks (Unless you have Plastic Surgery and even then most cases fail)

I want an Athletic guy , Decent build , African American medium tonned , Criminal , hard working , stand alone decently skills character which can fit the stats and skills of the character and his story which i've already created. Now i just get to live out his life from the point of GTAO. his beginning has already been and wrote down. now his main adult life is really just getting started in GTAO.

ParanoiaX
  • ParanoiaX

Mad Paro

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:08 PM

QUOTE (TheWordIsMarc @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 15:25)

- Father - African American - Criminal , Athletic , Sports Enthusiast , Gang Life Style those kind of traits - Also body Builder if that's a trait...and doesn't clash..

- Mother - Caucasian/Hispanic/African American (Undecided) - Good Person , Athletic , Always On The Go Moving and Shaking those kinds of traits.

Luis sounds like he fits the bill for your father and although not a good person, Elizabetta Torres for your mother she was always "On The Go Moving and Shaking " paranoid drug lord

Demetri_FTO_1.
  • Demetri_FTO_1.

Malibu's Most Wanted

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:55 PM

im not asking for blue skin or pink hair or whatever, i just want in depth facial sliders, so i can make my guy look like me. if gta online is so great [and it is] rockstar would'nt leave us with preset faces, or little customization. and the parent system is confusing. i like how they're trying to be innovative, and bring someting new to the table, but character customization is very important. rockstar cant just keep release little tidbits of info, on this, it sounds complex, and a lot of people are confused by it. i guess we'll just have to see tomorrow on the new trailer.

ParanoiaX
  • ParanoiaX

Mad Paro

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE (Demetri_FTO_1. @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 17:55)
im not asking for blue skin or pink hair or whatever, i just want in depth facial sliders, so i can make my guy look like me. if gta online is so great [and it is] rockstar would'nt leave us with preset faces, or little customization. and the parent system is confusing. i like how they're trying to be innovative, and bring someting new to the table, but character customization is very important. rockstar cant just keep release little tidbits of info, on this, it sounds complex, and a lot of people are confused by it. i guess we'll just have to see tomorrow on the new trailer.

Im pretty sure the new trailer wont shed any light on this feature. It will be the launch trailer that gets shown on tv for the next few weeks I dont think it will be like the singleplayer/MP trailer with in depth info on modes features etc.
The reason as has been stated before they are most likely doing this parent thing is it will allow our characters to look more realistic in line with the other characters in the game because its hard to make those character customisation people look real/ believable. Just hold out some hope man it will be cool it wont make things any less awesome and im sure if you try you can make your character look like yourself.

SprunkJunkie
  • SprunkJunkie

Thug

• Members

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:20 PM

if possible I would pick Little Jacob as dad and Gracie Ancelotti as mom!

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

I can't picture life without a point of view..

• Members

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:22 PM

hopefully any confusion will be cleared soon, we are almost at two weeks till release.

Kenji and Catalina for me though... If thats a choice.

Dest45
  • Dest45

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:32 PM

QUOTE (One Poor Fool @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 15:23)

Ok so after reading this news about the character creation system I had a little idea,

"GTA Online introduces a new spin on traditional character creation with the hereditary-based creation system. Select your characterís appearance by choosing your parentís heritage, then use the gene dominance meter to dial-in which parent your appearance favors more. Additionally, you'll customize your character's daily activities - everything from family time to illegal work and sports to couch potato hours all have an impact on your characterís appearance and skill set (and you can always rank up your skill stats more via gameplay). As part of the Collectorís Edition package, you'll get Niko Bellic, along with both Claude and Misty from Grand Theft Auto III to use as parent options within the character creation system."

So from what I read here, had me confused at first, but if you comprehend it correctly, this feature is available for everyone from day one, and Niko Claude and Misty are three bonus parent options as part of the collectors edition. I might be getting ahead of things here but does that mean in the standard edition we will be able to select every other character from GTA history as our parents? For example choose a father from all the males from GTA "Tommy Vercetti" choose a mother "Mercedes" choose your gender set which one you take after and there is your basic character to begin with?
If this is right, who will you choose as your parents?

I don't think you get to choose any of the classic GTA characters. You might choose some of the GTA V ones? but I doubt it. It will probably be Peds or just random parents rockstar made up. Even less known characters from the old games like Packies kid or something. They saved the special ones for the special addition, the others might be later DLC or maybe they have other plans for them... wink.gif

But I wanna be irish so it would be Packie and someone else. I don't want to look like that dork though

Demetri_FTO_1.
  • Demetri_FTO_1.

Malibu's Most Wanted

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:11 AM

QUOTE (One Poor Fool @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 19:31)
QUOTE (Demetri_FTO_1. @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 17:55)
im not asking for blue skin or pink hair or whatever, i just want in depth facial sliders,  so i can make my guy look like me. if gta online is so great [and it is] rockstar would'nt leave us with preset faces, or little customization. and the parent system is confusing. i like how they're trying to be innovative, and bring someting new to the table, but character customization is very important. rockstar cant just keep release little tidbits of info, on this, it sounds complex, and a lot of people are confused by it. i guess we'll just have to see tomorrow on the new trailer.

Im pretty sure the new trailer wont shed any light on this feature. It will be the launch trailer that gets shown on tv for the next few weeks I dont think it will be like the singleplayer/MP trailer with in depth info on modes features etc.
The reason as has been stated before they are most likely doing this parent thing is it will allow our characters to look more realistic in line with the other characters in the game because its hard to make those character customisation people look real/ believable. Just hold out some hope man it will be cool it wont make things any less awesome and im sure if you try you can make your character look like yourself.

i know this game will be awesome, so im just gonna trust rockstar, because they do know what they are doing. but gta iv's character customization still gives me nightmares lol.

Adecool
  • Adecool

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:52 AM Edited by Adecool, 29 August 2013 - 01:57 AM.

rockstar are contradicting themselves again with their whole 3D universe HD universe thing. cause now we can literally play as relatives of characters from the so called 3D universe. they should just admit that it was a rubbish statement and that its all the same universe and that this is now the future.

Rokit5
  • Rokit5

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:37 AM

Max Payne 3 -Passos and Giovanna had a child

*Ducky0459

gtaman533
  • gtaman533

Midget

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:40 AM

I want Candy Suxxx to be my mom and my dad to be The Truth mercie_blink.gif

ParanoiaX
  • ParanoiaX

Mad Paro

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:14 AM

QUOTE (Adecool @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 01:52)
rockstar are contradicting themselves again with their whole 3D universe HD universe thing. cause now we can literally play as relatives of characters from the so called 3D universe. they should just admit that it was a rubbish statement and that its all the same universe and that this is now the future.

No, you are wrong, there were zombies in IVs multiplayer, and nobody said "woooow, where does this zombie apocalypse fit in with the main storyline???"Same goes for dead or imprisoned characters in the multiplayer no one is going to be saying " Hold on this makes NO sense with the stories this guy is dead and from the 80s AND another universe this makes no sense"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users