Photo

Will gta graphic be like this?

87 replies to this topic
Illos11
  • Illos11

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:35 PM

I'll be happy if it looks like RDR but it probably will look even better than RDR.

Raiden雷電
  • Raiden雷電

I Am Lightning, The Rain Transformed

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:36 PM

QUOTE (FANTOMTRON @ Sunday, Aug 25 2013, 20:41)
Why are you all so obsessed about graghics lol. I thought red dead redemption had the best graghics ever blush.gif

GTA V the graghics are better than read dead redemption. I love the graghics.

I don't understand how some of you are questioning the graghics.
user posted image

What the f*ck is a Graghic? Is it something I can eat? Is it a f*cking cookie.gif ?

kastrenzo
  • kastrenzo

Hustler

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:38 PM

QUOTE (BullworthAcademy. @ Sunday, Aug 25 2013, 22:33)
Yes but possibly a bit fuzzy. Remember GTA4's media? remember how clear a lot of the shots were? then when we got it, it was sh*t. That doesn't matter though, graphics never mattered in Grand theft auto, you will still have fun im sure. smile.gif

Bullshots.

They edit the screenshots to make them look better than they really are *on console versions at least*, to get the wow factor and the sale.

I remember I was sorely dissapointed with how GTA IV looked and ran on Xbox, I didn't get the experience I was expecting until a year later on PC

AlasClarin
  • AlasClarin

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:39 PM

QUOTE (skillz7855 @ Sunday, Aug 25 2013, 22:32)
Its going to look better than that

On PC, absolutely. On ugly consoles, no !

carnage.
  • carnage.

What color do you bleed?

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:01 PM

QUOTE (AlasClarin @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 14:39)
QUOTE (skillz7855 @ Sunday, Aug 25 2013, 22:32)
Its going to look better than that

On PC, absolutely. On ugly consoles, no !

Your genius is showing.

zakir2
  • zakir2

PS3- The Clean Up Crew - Now recruting - PM mohammad_zaki

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:15 PM

user posted image

Anybody remeber this from IV?

Gilly1987
  • Gilly1987

Thug

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:23 PM

QUOTE (gta-puk @ Sunday, Aug 25 2013, 22:28)
Hi (sorry my bad english)

I have read some demo-reviews which announced that GTA V is similar to Uncharted 2 in graphic, but Uncharted 2 will have slightly better graphic, which worry me. Uncharted 2 is not good with todays standarts in graphic.

Youtube: Uncharted 2

I know Gta-series dont focus on graphic to much. But will gta graphic actually be like the official screenshots, when you play the game? I think the graphic on these screenshots is amazing. Lot better then Uncharted 2 - Why do people complain?

user posted image

user posted image

But with a huge amount of aliasing. When you move the whole world moves with you.
And I'm sure their will be a lot of Vaseline effect again in the distance because of the lack of power for view distance.

K.Walters
  • K.Walters

Keep calm and facepalm

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:33 PM

Well it`s going to be better than GTA4, but still won`t be very good on my 1440p screen.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:37 PM

10x better

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:40 PM

And once again it's devolved into people stating the obvious in the most arrogant way possible.

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

the middle of nowhere, the centre of everywhere.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:37 PM

Here is an in game screenshot! yea looks just like the screenshots sarcasm.gif
user posted image

gwaha
  • gwaha

Homie

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:46 PM

QUOTE (Red XIII @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 18:37)

Stop trolling.

That is a screencapture of a switch between protags, not everything is even fully loaded in that one second because a second later you can't even see certain parts anymore. It also looks like a screencapture from a non-HD version of the gameplay trailer. So no, the game doesn't look like that.

GTAaLEX117
  • GTAaLEX117

Cynical Optimist

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:50 PM

QUOTE (Red XIII @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 16:37)
http://i.imgur.com/IHCbjGQ.png

At least use the less blurry and slightly higher quality version (which is still heavily compressed compared to what you'll see in the gameplay)

user posted image

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

the middle of nowhere, the centre of everywhere.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:57 PM Edited by Red XIII, 26 August 2013 - 05:01 PM.

QUOTE (gwaha @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 16:46)
QUOTE (Red XIII @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 18:37)
Here is an in game screenshot! yea looks just like the screenshots   sarcasm.gif

Stop trolling.

That is a screencapture of a switch between protags, not everything is even fully loaded in that one second because a second later you can't even see certain parts anymore. It also looks like a screencapture from a non-HD version of the gameplay trailer. So no, the game doesn't look like that.

Stop trolling? How am I trolling? He asked if the visuals will look like screenshots and I posted evidence that screenshots are highly edited. When flying and driving fast more than half the time the world is going to have low textures like that. I really don't care about graphics but thinking the visuals will look like the screenshots is stupid.

the screen I posted is a more realistic view of how the graphics will look in game rather than the official screenshots.

Still not much difference, alex.

Look guys, I cant wait for this game, I am just as excited as you but don't get offended just because I said the graphics aren't great.

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:57 PM Edited by S1LV3R_W0LF, 26 August 2013 - 05:03 PM.

I was surprised when I saw this shot as being "current gen":

http://www.rockstargames.com/V/screenshots/screenshot/864]http://www.rockstargames.com/V/screenshots/screenshot/864

I mean come on, not even NBA IGNITE graphics are this good:

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/4u8cFp0wPzE/maxresdefault.jpg

You can create Bullshots but you can't edit them to look like this... and I'm expecting someone to prove me wrong when they actually get the game and get this scene.

And like this there are plenty more, maybe for some of the people used to console graphics they don't see much difference but for PC players used to tweak games and mess around with settings, some things are too obvious and hard to ignore.

I tried to recreate a "Bullshot" and this took me a couple of minutes, one is the raw footage directly from the 720p trailer, the other is the same image with a few tweaking on Photoshop, see the difference?

user posted image user posted image

And I'm just an amateur, professionals can do a lot better with time and the right angles/ settings and lights. Although some textures, number of polygon count, geometry can't be edited in order to make a lower profile look a lot higher, specially applying so many advanced cutting edge processing techniques.

So the game will look like the footage you've seen so far, but don't expect it to be like most of the screens, because they are heavily doctored and some don't use the actual setting that the consoles hardware will be processing.

willstaruss123
  • willstaruss123

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:02 PM

QUOTE (S1LV3R_W0LF @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 16:57)
I was surprised when I saw this shot as being "current gen":

http://www.rockstarg.../screenshot/864

I mean come on, not even NBA IGNITE graphics are this good, you can create Bullshots but you can't edit them to look like this... and I'm expecting someone to prove me wrong when they actually get the game and get this scene.

And like this there are plenty more, maybe for some of the people used to console graphics they don't see much difference but for PC players used to tweak games and mess around with settings, some things are too obvious and hard to ignore.

I tried to recreate a "Bullshot" and this took me a couple of minutes, one is the raw footage directly from the 720p trailer, the other is the same image with a few tweaking on Photoshop, see the difference?

user posted image user posted image

And I'm just an amateur, professionals can do a lot better with time and the right angles/ settings and lights. Although some textures, number of polygon count, geometry can't be edited in order to make a lower profile look a lot higher, specially applying so many advanced cutting edge processing techniques.

So the game will look like the footage you've seen so far, but don't expect it to be like most of the screens, because they are heavily doctored and some don't use the actual setting that the consoles hardware will be processing.

2nd photo it looks like they are driving midday with headlights on lol.

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:05 PM

Well the first also have the headlights on, but I changed the overall color, the brightness, made the colors more vibrant, added motion blur effect to the vehicles (identical to AA) and added some light flares to make the light effects brighter and I smoothed the overall scenario.

GTAaLEX117
  • GTAaLEX117

Cynical Optimist

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:17 PM

QUOTE (S1LV3R_W0LF @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 17:05)
Well the first also have the headlights on, but I changed the overall color, the brightness, made the colors more vibrant, added motion blur effect to the vehicles (identical to AA) and added some light flares to make the light effects brighter and I smoothed the overall scenario.

Why does your first image have such a dense reddish "fog" effect? It's a bit less visible in other screencaps of the same video, like this:
http://www.igta5.com...way-chase-1.jpg

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:36 PM

To be honest I don't see anything "reddish" in my screen, could you use mine and mark where it is?

I'm comparing with the screen you gave and I see the exact same colors.

Vellocet
  • Vellocet

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:49 PM

I guess something between RDR and Max Payne 3 but no over the top Crysis graphics, but in my opinion it looks kind of good.

GTAaLEX117
  • GTAaLEX117

Cynical Optimist

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:11 PM

QUOTE (S1LV3R_W0LF @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 17:36)
To be honest I don't see anything "reddish" in my screen, could you use mine and mark where it is?

I'm comparing with the screen you gave and I see the exact same colors.

It's the color of the first screen, it's a hue that you can see everywhere, including the ground. It's probably just the contrast though. In the image I posted, everything seems a bit more crisp.

Gigabomber
  • Gigabomber

Infinite Ammo Amorous

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:16 PM

QUOTE (zakir2 @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 08:15)
user posted image

Anybody remeber this from IV?

That is staggering. Looks nothing like it.

Hydro_PlayboyX
  • Hydro_PlayboyX

#TeamFranklin

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:57 PM

no way V will look as good as screenshots....screens have more anti-aliasing and the game is probably running on 5fps while they capture them

TechNoir87
  • TechNoir87

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:02 PM

I also believe it will look like Red Dead Redemption, maybe slightly better.

Cinoy
  • Cinoy

✈✈✈✈✈✈

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:06 PM Edited by Cinoy, 26 August 2013 - 07:09 PM.

yea to me the graphics are very important BUT the gameplay is way more important. And I know for sure that GTA V will have the best gameplay of all time, so that mixed with the really good graphics= the perfect game. I'm also glad the graphics aren't completely real-life graphics because then the game would run slow on consoles etc.

Also GTA IV's screenshots match what the game looked like, so we can assume GTA V will have the graphics you see in screenshots. Also the gameplay trailer showed how good the graphics are...

heres GTA IV
user posted image

The game itself is better than the screenshot.

skillz7855
  • skillz7855

Soldier

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE (TechNoir87 @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 19:02)
I also believe it will look like Red Dead Redemption, maybe slightly better.

They look pretty damn close to Max Payne 3 level

GTA Online Videos
  • GTA Online Videos

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:55 PM Edited by GTA Online Videos, 26 August 2013 - 08:02 PM.

QUOTE (gta-puk @ Sunday, Aug 25 2013, 22:36)
So I have to buy a small screen to see good graphic?? I have 40" plasma with 1080p..

Nah, man. Ignore that stuff. Like people are saying, look at Red Dead. So much of it is a "beauty is in the eye of the beholder thing, anyway."

Maybe I have low standards but I see a lot of people complain about graphics in games that I think look great. I expect GTA V to blow most people away.

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:14 PM

QUOTE (Cinoy @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 19:06)
http://media.gtanet....-screenshot.jpg

I wouldn't doubt or a second the game would look like this, but not with the screens we've seen so far. Specially that one I've shown with the 3 characters, those models are so perfect and detailed, those are insane quality textures, looking to the trailers and that shot is impossible to believe it will be anything like that. And you can't just edit that on Photoshop, you just can't.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users