Quantcast

» «
Photo

Close new registrations for a few weeks?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic
JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• The Yardies

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:40 PM

Might give you guys a break from deleting topics and banning new accounts. You could just leave a message on the registration page saying something like, "Due to excessive trolling on the site prior to the release of GTA V, we are temporarily suspending new registrations until September 24th. You are still free to browse and read the forums until that date"

D4 Damager
  • D4 Damager

Listening to the Mandolin Rain...

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:51 PM

That would penalise the majority of innocent users of the site because of the actions of a tiny minority.

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:14 PM Edited by King Andreas, 25 August 2013 - 10:05 PM.

Yeah, prevent people from registering to discuss San Andreas, Vice City, Vice City Stories, GTA III, Liberty City Stories, and GTA IV (among others) in retaliation to antics in the GTA V sections, huh? Ladies & gentlemen, poor judgement alert. I have a better idea: Just play San Andreas, Vice City, Vice City Stories, GTA III, Liberty City Stories, GTA IV (or whatever) for a few weeks.

Barry Spock
  • Barry Spock

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:13 PM

I didn't want to make a whole new thread but I too am concerned about spoilers in the coming weeks. I'm confident that the mods will be able to stop spoiler threads as they pop up, and frankly, I'm just not going to visit GTAF much for a few weeks,

BUT the thing that wrecked RDR for me was some peasant PMing me the ending, so my request is:

Can I please turn off PMs completely for a while?

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

It's L, as in Lpgunit, not I.

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:53 AM

QUOTE (D4 Damager @ Sunday, Aug 25 2013, 20:51)
That would penalise the majority of innocent users of the site because of the actions of a tiny minority.

That, or it might keep would-be mod posters who would like to advertise their just-released works.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• The Yardies

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:59 AM

QUOTE (D4 Damager @ Sunday, Aug 25 2013, 20:51)

They can't be users if they haven't registered - registered users can use the site as normal. I'm sure an innocent person upon reading the statement I posted (or something similar) would understand.

Boss Falcone
  • Boss Falcone

Resigned As Chief of LSPD

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:08 AM

QUOTE (GIrish)
Closing down new registrations due to fear of trolls is not how a network of this size thrives.

As has been said before, if you fear the game being spoiled, it's best to stay away for a while.

QUOTE (Waddy)
just report the topics and move on.

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:18 AM

What he said.^

Registrations will never be closed down. We're more than equipped to deal with spammers/trolls.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users