Quantcast

» «
Photo

How Do You Like Playing Hitman Games?

26 replies to this topic

Poll: Silent Assassin (45 member(s) have cast votes)

Silent Assassin

1. Silent Assassin (no traces, no regrets) (22 votes [53.66%])

Percentage of vote: 53.66%

2. Hired Gun (you use stealth and firearms to silently neutralise any threats) (13 votes [31.71%])

Percentage of vote: 31.71%

3. Gunslinger (you annihilate anything that move) (6 votes [14.63%])

Percentage of vote: 14.63%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Ambient_
  • Ambient_

Loving GTA:O

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:40 PM Edited by Ambient_, 25 August 2013 - 07:44 PM.

So, how do you like playing the Hitman games? Here are some videos to get you thinking:

I am probably a "Silent Assassin" who knocks out anybody who may feel suspicious about who I am.

III H1TMaN III
  • III H1TMaN III

The Silent Assassin

• Members

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:26 PM

Silent and deadly. As if I've never been there or existed.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:35 PM

anyone could play through Hitman BM as a gunslinger, its easy, I could probably beat the game in about 2-3 hours, actually being an assassin and being strategic about it takes real skill and shows you are a master assassin, not just an amateur.

MassacreGTA
  • MassacreGTA

Prankster

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:31 AM

Silent Assassin and Hired Gun most of the time, gunslinger only when I'm bored.

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

I am the midnight snake to bite your little girls

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:21 AM

I used to go the silent route in Blood money, because there it kind of meant something. in Absolution i just went berserk the whole game.

acmilano
  • acmilano

Soldier

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:24 PM

I always try to be Silent Assassin, but go for a violence if i get caught. Most main targets dies up close and personal.

Johan
  • Johan

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:27 PM

Pretty much both silent and gunslinger, usually when I'm trying to be as silent as I can. On my second playthrough of Absolution I did decide to go SA through the whole game and I did.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:29 PM

I've been playing Hitman 1 and without shooting anyone it's almost impossible, especially with the limited options you have in 1.

I like using wire though ^^

Simon_V
  • Simon_V

Red Dead Undead

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:30 PM

I play as Hired Gun... I want to play as Silent Assassin, but then every time some one sees me.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None
  • Best Poster [Gaming] 2014

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:46 PM

There is only one answer.

All of the above.

The way it goes for me, if you pretend I don't know all the maps inside out. I would attempt a silent approach, maybe not silent assassin, as I prefer to kill if I take someones clothes. Explore the map, and watch what people do to learn, and get as close to the target as possible before going loud. And to always collect an arse ton of guns and ammo along the way.

But when I replay the games, if I want them done for completionist reasons, I will silent assassin the f*ck out of them, often, with some pretty awesome shortcuts.

But for all out fun, load up with as many consealables as possible, and 1 non consealable, and just kill everything in the map, dropping weapons once empty, going from rifles, to smgs to sawn off shotguns, to pistols and knives.

So really I like to explore every outcome of each level and it depends on the mood.

But if I had to pick I would prefer to be stealthy, but with no intention of keeping civvies alive or regaining my suit or security tapes etc. I want to kill everyone as I want to but without them being able to react before I kill them.

Also: f*ck Absolution.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:57 PM

Also: f*ck Absolution.

Absolution is a heavily underrated game in my opinion. Yes, it was less stealth like but I still enjoyed it. Never finished it, though.

Anyways, I'm usually blasting every thing out of the way in Hitman but for some missions I like to be a Silent Assassin. If I get annoyed and keep failing the mission repeatedly, I usually just blast my way out.

Cyper
  • Cyper

Liberty City Lover Since 2001

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:16 PM

Absolution hardly qualify as a Hitman game.

To say that they innovated with absolution is outright wrong. It is more simple, more scripted, and generally dumbed down to suit the mainstream audience it's trying to attract.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:36 PM

Absolution may have dumbed things down a lot from BM, its probably the worst in the series but it was a lot better than what it was look like it was going to be, at least it still has some of the classic Hitman atmosphere in it rather than just a grey shooter.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:28 AM Edited by Daz, 28 August 2013 - 07:32 AM.

QUOTE (Cyper @ Tuesday, Aug 27 2013, 15:16)
Absolution hardly qualify as a Hitman game.

To say that they innovated with absolution is outright wrong. It is more simple, more scripted, and generally dumbed down to suit the mainstream audience it's trying to attract.

Totally agree here.

I am not saying Absolution as an isolated game is sh*t, it was fine and everything, but it was the fact that they had a unique niché in the market, no other games existed that were like hitman in any way, they had a hugely deep game with so much replayability and this was all done on PS2 era tech.

What to expect was truely mind boggling of the possibilities. But they pissed it all away in favour of bringing it to a broader audience.

This always fails. Do what you do best, don't water your product down to suit people, make it more hardcore then maybe more people will like it because it actually does what it is there for.

People like Forza or GT because they are in depth driving sims, they don't want the next ones dumbed down because people find them difficult or hard to get into, f*ck them if they don't like it.

It just was a shame, because in parts of the game you could almost see the old hitman style trying to break through, but in the end, it was just purely linear bullsh*t with the stealth and disguise systems totally ruined and made pointless.

I have put a ridiculous amount of time into Hitman 2, and Hitman Contracts, but even so much more time into Blood Money. So many ways to complete a level, and all that was lost in Absolution.

I really hope we get a Hitman game like the old ones, purely free roam levels with so many possibilities, but I doubt it will happen at this point.

I think one main point why it failed for me was that because it was story driven, and not driven by the jobs. It included levels that often didn't even have a target. Which makes the whole game redundant.

I couldn't care about the story, I play Hitman games to be a hitman and do the job, not to be told a story. I think they ruined it by doing this.

If I buy Farming Simulator 2013, I want to do some farming, I don't want the back story of the combine harvester's childhood, or his struggle to earn a living. I just want to farm sh*t.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:39 AM

QUOTE (Daz @ Tuesday, Aug 27 2013, 05:46)
There is only one answer.

All of the above.

sh*t-f*ckin'-yeah. Exactly what I was going to say.

Sure it's fun to plan out a perfect Silent Assassin run, or just get through a mission as best as you can. But sometimes you got to just pull out the Mini Gun, and mow down some f*ckers. Or snipe everyone. Or do the old hide the shotgun in the flower box and pull it out at a security checkpoint.

That was the genius of this series before Absolution. They just tried to hard with Absolution. Tried to make it a new game, much like Splinter Cell Conviction. I had fun with it, but it wasn't the same.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:47 AM

I agree, Absolution was much less of a Hitman game, yes. But it was a good game for what it was, despite it being less Hitman-ish. If you ask me the best stealth Hitman game, I'd say it'd be a tie between Contracts, Blood Money and Silent Assassin 2.

I enjoyed all the Hitman games, Contracts was the best IMO and it was also my first. Good days, I remember the hospital mission in which you had to go kill a patient or something. Can't remember now but it was a fine game.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:35 PM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 07:39)
Splinter Cell Conviction

This is exactly what they turned the game into.

The mark and execute feature, and the takedowns, though fun, totally ruined both of the games.

As soon as I saw that there was a cover system I knew the game was dead.

Because if you think about it, the reason why it was so good, was that it was difficult to just kill random people unles you had firearms.

In Hitman 2, you could only even melee someone if you had either a knife, or used the fibre wire, which only worked from behind an enemy. It was only in blood money that you were allowed to disarm enemies or headbutt/punch them.

So in Absolution, the addition of silent lethal and non lethal takedowns, with or without melee weapons completely made having a syringe/sedative, poison, and your fibre wire completely redundant.

Why strangle a target if you can just smash them over the head with a brick?

It just ruined the game by making it too easy for people.

In my eyes the whole point of a Hitman game is the term "Hidden in plain sight" where 47 doesn't EVER need a cover system, or to hide around corners, he has the abilities to blend in or dissapear.

I don't know I am just bitching now.

The game was fun for a game where you shoot everyone and smash everyone over the head with a brick, but you could just reskin the game to something totally different, and keep the hitman aspects and make a proper game.

You couldn't even choose what weapons you wanted to start missions with for christ sake. And I was very dissapointed to find out you couldn't pick up as many concealable weapons as you wanted, like in every hitman game.

Flight180Victm
  • Flight180Victm

Give me the power, I beg of you!

• Members

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:42 PM

I always liked to be in between silent assassin, and hired gun. Like i would always take out just a few people who got in my way. But I would execute them in a professional way. A silent gunshot to the head. My main targets though, I tried to take them out in a "accidental" way. cool.gif

@AceKingston Love your sig. My username is based on that movie. wink.gif

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:46 PM Edited by Fireman, 28 August 2013 - 08:46 PM.

I just finished Hitman 2 and I tried much harder to be a silent assassin here (mainly because it was more fun to figure out the puzzles and patrols from NPC's).

Still ended up shooting quite often though not nearly as much as the first game.

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

Basketballs don't hold grudges.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:49 PM

I always play it stealthy. Silent kills, silenced pistols and disguises is the way I play.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:47 PM

For the people who do play stealthy, how often do you restart the mission before knowhing what you're going to do step-by-step?

In some missions I've done the same level atleast seven times before I knew exactly what to do.

Ambient_
  • Ambient_

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:19 PM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Tuesday, Aug 27 2013, 20:36)
Absolution may have dumbed things down a lot from BM, its probably the worst in the series but it was a lot better than what it was look like it was going to be, at least it still has some of the classic Hitman atmosphere in it rather than just a grey shooter.

I only liked Contracts mode on HMA, it was too scripted though, a good game, but nowhere as good as its predecessors.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:36 AM

Recently finished 1 and 2, then started playing 3 and my brother laughed at me for still not having finished Hitman 1, they all looked the same!

And there's four years in between!

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:30 AM

Why isn't there an all of the above option? Doesn't count for Absolution though, that game was a stealth game that had piss poor stealth mechanics.

I'm always the silent assassin, but I remembered the first time I played A New Life in Blood Money. Had to find a way to infiltrate the target's house. Spotted the clown and decided to take his clothes as the disguise. I walked around the house a bit then realized it was mostly full of guards and there weren't any innocents inside. Then I remembered "Oh wait the minute, I brought that assault rifle with me didn't I?"

Quickly ran out, grabbed the rifle, kicked in the front door and took out everyone in the house. But f*ck, didn't realized the truck outside of the house was a surveillance truck, They called for reinforcements, rifle had finally ran out of ammo. Went to grab the target's powerful revolver and started taking all of them out from the living room's windows. Two guards left, no ammo. Retreated back to the swimming pool but spotted a knife in the kitchen. Snatched it and stabbed the sh*t out of one of the guards. Proceeded to knockout the last guard with my fists, grabbed his pistol, and shot him point blank in the head. Also I think I set the target's daughter on fire or something.

Man, you could not experience that same adrenaline rush in Absolution, which is a darn shame.

Ambient_
  • Ambient_

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:21 PM

QUOTE (mrpain @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 11:30)
Why isn't there an all of the above option? Doesn't count for Absolution though, that game was a stealth game that had piss poor stealth mechanics.

I'm always the silent assassin, but I remembered the first time I played A New Life in Blood Money. Had to find a way to infiltrate the target's house. Spotted the clown and decided to take his clothes as the disguise. I walked around the house a bit then realized it was mostly full of guards and there weren't any innocents inside. Then I remembered "Oh wait the minute, I brought that assault rifle with me didn't I?"

Quickly ran out, grabbed the rifle, kicked in the front door and took out everyone in the house. But f*ck, didn't realized the truck outside of the house was a surveillance truck, They called for reinforcements, rifle had finally ran out of ammo. Went to grab the target's powerful revolver and started taking all of them out from the living room's windows. Two guards left, no ammo. Retreated back to the swimming pool but spotted a knife in the kitchen. Snatched it and stabbed the sh*t out of one of the guards. Proceeded to knockout the last guard with my fists, grabbed his pistol, and shot him point blank in the head. Also I think I set the target's daughter on fire or something.

Man, you could not experience that same adrenaline rush in Absolution, which is a darn shame.

Absololution should've been called "SPLINTER CELL CONVICTION: ABSOLUTION", not Hitman. It's dumbed down and doesn't even hold a candle to the original HM games. Damnit, why is the gaming industry doing this, Capcom sh*ts on their franchises and unless we see a change, Hitman will die.

RETURN TO THE ORIGINAL STYLE, SQUARE!

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:38 PM

QUOTE (Ambient_ @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 12:21)

Absololution should've been called "SPLINTER CELL CONVICTION: ABSOLUTION", not Hitman. It's dumbed down and doesn't even hold a candle to the original HM games. Damnit, why is the gaming industry doing this, Capcom sh*ts on their franchises and unless we see a change, Hitman will die.

Totally agree there.

I saw the Max Payne 3 topic got bumped recently, and I saw a post of mine from 2009 when it first got announced, hoping it would be great and that "All we need now is a new hitman game".

Then it turns out that 2 out of 3 of the best third person shooters of that era have now become nothing more than watered down interactive stories with the illusion of choice, but it is all a big lie.

It just seems the same with movies too, both the hitman and max payne movies sucked so bad, because they just want to buy the name of something people love and try and sell their own crap to you under that label.

If they honestly cared about making the game great and true to the originals they would have just cancelled it, or renamed it and reskinned it to be a different game entirely.

I really hope by next gen we do get a true sequel, one with a storyline in the background, only displayed upon the start and end of a mission. Fully large free roamable levels with no hand-holding. Actual fully customizable weapons like in blood money, along with makeshift weapons and proper assassin tools, making you want to buy a hidden wrist derrenger pistol over useless assault rifles and over the top weapons. And possibly, with a co-op option allowing a friend to create distractions or dual assasinations and evidence destruction/collection.

Hitman 3: True Assassin
Never coming to a store near you.

Ambient_
  • Ambient_

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE (Daz @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 12:38)
QUOTE (Ambient_ @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 12:21)

Totally agree there.

I saw the Max Payne 3 topic got bumped recently, and I saw a post of mine from 2009 when it first got announced, hoping it would be great and that "All we need now is a new hitman game".

Then it turns out that 2 out of 3 of the best third person shooters of that era have now become nothing more than watered down interactive stories with the illusion of choice, but it is all a big lie.

It just seems the same with movies too, both the hitman and max payne movies sucked so bad, because they just want to buy the name of something people love and try and sell their own crap to you under that label.

If they honestly cared about making the game great and true to the originals they would have just cancelled it, or renamed it and reskinned it to be a different game entirely.

I really hope by next gen we do get a true sequel, one with a storyline in the background, only displayed upon the start and end of a mission. Fully large free roamable levels with no hand-holding. Actual fully customizable weapons like in blood money, along with makeshift weapons and proper assassin tools, making you want to buy a hidden wrist derrenger pistol over useless assault rifles and over the top weapons. And possibly, with a co-op option allowing a friend to create distractions or dual assasinations and evidence destruction/collection.

Hitman 3: True Assassin
Never coming to a store near you.

I wouldn't hope anymore, too many young gamers don't like independence in games and just put the controller down if they can't figure something out. It's really sad but damn true, I despise it, Hitman was too easy, if we F'd up we could just use a choke-hold or smash a brick over their head. Easy. Absolution doesn't punish the user enough for being seen and when you are seen it's too easy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users