» «
Photo

It's going to be hard to find a good crew

54 replies to this topic
Kreuzn
  • Kreuzn

Most Wanted

• Members

Posted 25 August 2013 - 05:42 PM Edited by Kreuzn, 25 August 2013 - 06:24 PM.

I've been looking at ps3 crews for gta 5 for the last week or so, and I'm noticing a trend. There are two crews that make up the majority. One is a sloppy made crew with a goofy name that you know is going no where. The second is filled with a bunch of wanna be gangbangers.

Nothing kills the credibility of a crew more than seeing kids trying overly hard to use street talk. I get it, you liked the gang aspect of san andreas. You idolize rappers that pretend to still be part of the street life. That's all fine and everything. But don't try to act like you know anything about it. Maybe they're just roleplaying and I'm not understanding that. All I know is anyone who's actually stuck down in the hood life doesn't have time to go online and try to be part of an online "gang" in a video game. Maybe you listen to rap. Maybe you've sold a gram to some kid in your high school biology class. Maybe you live in the city. But that doesn't make you a gang banger, and you're clearly educated enough to use proper English instead of intentionally butchering it to try to look hood. You may think it's cool, but you're driving away serious players from your crew. No one in their right mind wants to play with a crew where all they hear is 14-18 year old kids talking over mics trying to act hood.

That said good luck to people trying to find a decent crew. It isn't going to be easy.

Tonythomas180
  • Tonythomas180

Football mad

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 August 2013 - 05:53 PM

i agree, its a good job i have a few friends who want to play gta in the same way as me.

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 August 2013 - 05:56 PM

Which crews are you on about? EIther way two of them aren't the majority. The main five on the PS3 side are Yardies, Damned, MMD, THR and High Rollers. There's also D12 but they never play. Other than that, it's just a bunch of people that come for a few weeks and then leave.

EvilDog77
  • EvilDog77

Former C4 Champ

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:12 PM

Play the game for a while and make some friends. You'll probably end up forming a crew of your own for laughs.

Kreuzn
  • Kreuzn

Most Wanted

• Members

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:12 PM

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Sunday, Aug 25 2013, 17:56)
Which crews are you on about? EIther way two of them aren't the majority. The main five on the PS3 side are Yardies, Damned, MMD, THR and High Rollers. There's also D12 but they never play. Other than that, it's just a bunch of people that come for a few weeks and then leave.

Never heard of most of those, so they aren't the ones I'm referring to. I'm talking about the emerging crews I've been seeing full of wanna be gangbangers, not particularly on this forum.

And those 5 main ps3 crews aren't the main ps3 crews. When I'm talking about the top crews for ps3 I'm talking about crews that exist on the social club and have high win percentages. Maybe those groups/gangs/crews were successful in gta 4, but those stats aren't tangible to the social club crew feature so they are unfortunately negligible. While someone's driving skills in gta 4 are the best judge of how they will preform in vehicles in gta 5 to date, max payne 3's shooting is the best judge of how they will preform in gta 5 death matches/team death matches. And since competitive crew stats will largely be based on team death matches or similar shootouts, the best way to predict who will be the most successful crew in gta 5 is looking at current successful crews in max payne 3.

We don't know who will come out doing well in gta 5, I'm just saying there are a lot of crews popping up that are bound to flop.

Kreuzn
  • Kreuzn

Most Wanted

• Members

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:15 PM

QUOTE (EvilDog77 @ Sunday, Aug 25 2013, 18:12)
Play the game for a while and make some friends. You'll probably end up forming a crew of your own for laughs.

Good point. I actually found a crew on this forum, but it is probably your best bet to just play the game and meet people as you go to find a crew. When you do well in matches people will invite you to their crew, so you can find some good crews that way.

lazy.
  • lazy.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:24 PM

QUOTE (Kreuzn @ Sunday, Aug 25 2013, 18:12)

Never heard of most of those, so they aren't the ones I'm referring to. I'm talking about the emerging crews I've been seeing full of wanna be gangbangers, not particularly on this forum.

And those 5 main ps3 crews aren't the main ps3 crews. When I'm talking about the top crews for ps3 I'm talking about crews that exist on the social club and have high win percentages. Maybe those groups/gangs/crews were successful in gta 4, but those stats aren't tangible to the social club crew feature so they are unfortunately negligible. While someone's driving skills in gta 4 are the best judge of how they will preform in vehicles in gta 5 to date, max payne 3's shooting is the best judge of how they will preform in gta 5 death matches/team death matches. And since competitive crew stats will largely be based on team death matches or similar shootouts, the best way to predict who will be the most successful crew in gta 5 is looking at current successful crews in max payne 3.

We don't know who will come out doing well in gta 5, I'm just saying there are a lot of crews popping up that are bound to flop.

The ones I am referring to are the ones on these forum.

The crews here are most likely much better than the randoms you'll find on Social Club. GTA isn't about caged in deathmatches, it's about utilising the open world and driving, and for that, GTA4 is best. On foot shooting skills will be worthless when we all dominate with drivebys and aircraft.

Also it seems that instead of picking a crew that you'll enjoy playing with, it just seems like you're picking a crew because of some useless statistics that say they're good.

Kreuzn
  • Kreuzn

Most Wanted

• Members

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:49 PM

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Sunday, Aug 25 2013, 18:24)

The crews here are most likely much better than the randoms you'll find on Social Club. GTA isn't about caged in deathmatches, it's about utilising the open world and driving, and for that, GTA4 is best. On foot shooting skills will be worthless when we all dominate with drivebys and aircraft.

Also it seems that instead of picking a crew that you'll enjoy playing with, it just seems like you're picking a crew because of some useless statistics that say they're good.

The statistics aren't useless man lol. Unless they boosted/fixed matches, it accurately shows how well a crew has preformed. If a crew has above a 90% win percentage that means they won 9/10 of their fights, which shows they're really damn good. And while you're right that vehicles play an interesting dynamic in gta death matches, there may be situations that vehicles hinder your success. With cover and flanking becoming of much greater importance, and improved maps suited to the action, piling into a car or helicopter may not always be your best bet. We'll have to wait and see how things play out this time around.

And of course I want to play with a crew that will do well. Why would I join a crew that has trouble smoothly pulling off a heist, or can't hold their own in a team death match? I want to enjoy the company of my crew and have fun with them. But I'm not looking for a thrill seeking crew right now to just have fun in free roam. I'm looking for a crew that makes heists and fights more enjoyable. Even if you find the funniest dude in the world in one of your co-op games who makes the game hilarious, it still gets annoying if he keeps dying and holds you back. So fun is important, but a successful crew is important as well.

My post started out as a rant about wannabe gangbangers and got a bit carried away so I apologize lol. Pretty much a useless topic anyway.

Rayken
  • Rayken

Rayken

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:52 PM

Not worried. Made my own crew with all my friends who play often. Thought thats how the crew system was ment to work lol

Kreuzn
  • Kreuzn

Most Wanted

• Members

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE (ThatGuyWhoPlaysGtaTooMuch @ Sunday, Aug 25 2013, 18:52)
Not worried. Made my own crew with all my friends who play often. Thought thats how the crew system was ment to work lol

Lol nice, that's the best way to do it. Unfortunately every single one of my friends have 360 and I have ps3 so I'm stuck trying to find chill people in game.

Rayken
  • Rayken

Rayken

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE (Kreuzn @ Sunday, Aug 25 2013, 19:00)
QUOTE (ThatGuyWhoPlaysGtaTooMuch @ Sunday, Aug 25 2013, 18:52)

Lol nice, that's the best way to do it. Unfortunately every single one of my friends have 360 and I have ps3 so I'm stuck trying to find chill people in game.

Haha I hear you. I'm on ps3 too maybe you can join are crew come oct 1st? We basically like to build cars, go offload, and explore. Though we can do some damage when we get attacked tounge.gif

Nice Try Guvnah
  • Nice Try Guvnah

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:23 PM

I already have a crew of 3-5 members called the Blaine Co Sherrifs.. we have known each other for years on xbox and played GTA IV together were all expert shooters in free aim and also expert drivers.. were gonna be the best crew in GTA V pull of heists and split the cut equally.. if anyone f*cks with us they wont be able to handle us with all the shooting experience we have. sucks for you.

NickNYHC
  • NickNYHC

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:38 PM

If you're interested, I have a gang of currently myself and 7 others that are all on PS3, and looking to preform well planned and executed heists, as well as smaller store robberies, and hanging out. The age range is 17-24, and we have one spot open in the Lookout category of the gang. If you wanna be part of us, please PM me!

PS, we dont have a stupid, poorly thought name involving "Family" or "MC"

lhreetegs
  • lhreetegs

genius

• Members

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:45 PM

Really hard. There will be alot of people playing dirty.

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:46 PM

I don't understand why there can be like 300 players in a crew, and you can let anyone join.
They should limit a crew to 16-32 players.

Kreuzn
  • Kreuzn

Most Wanted

• Members

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:00 PM

QUOTE (Nice Try Guvnah @ Sunday, Aug 25 2013, 19:23)
I already have a crew of 3-5 members called the Blaine Co Sherrifs.. we have known each other for years on xbox and played GTA IV together were all expert shooters in free aim and also expert drivers.. were gonna be the best crew in GTA V pull of heists and split the cut equally.. if anyone f*cks with us they wont be able to handle us with all the shooting experience we have. sucks for you.

Let's do a little round up here of your description of your little crew:

-Expert shooters
-Expert drivers
-Best crew in gta v
-Called the Blaine Co Sherrifs (with sheriffs spelled wrong).

Oh yea you're destined for greatness. There's no way you're overestimating your skill level and letting you ego get in the way of the truth. Full support from me, reach for the stars kiddo!

Kreuzn
  • Kreuzn

Most Wanted

• Members

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:05 PM

QUOTE (gpcguy1 @ Sunday, Aug 25 2013, 19:46)
I don't understand why there can be like 300 players in a crew, and you can let anyone join.
They should limit a crew to 16-32 players.

People won't always be online, so big crews help crew members always have enough crew members to play with.

But smaller crews are defiantly better. you get a crew of 8 good players and you will have the better crew. Way more organized and easy to monitor your teammates to make sure they're up to par.

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

I can't picture life without a point of view..

• Members

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:44 PM

This is why many people played Max Payne 3and the main reason why R* was pushing the crews agenda so hard during the whole launch process through Max Payne. They did that so you could form bonds between people who you could count on so you could migrate that trust and elements of brotherhood to GTAO. I have a few friends that I have known for a long time and we play gta together and not only that but I know what I will be looking for should we be short any bodies. We've covered the basics though, we have an assault sector, sniper, pilot and we are all accomplished drivers so anything beyond that can be easily negotiated.

TomStubbsIII
  • TomStubbsIII

Stock Criminals Crew Communications Officer

• Members

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:55 PM

I don't find it too hard to find decent guys in the crew I work for. Thus, it must not be impossible to find a crew you fit in.

For example, I can assume that most people who write in this GTA Online forum area are somewhat interested in that game. People express here certain expectations they have for the game, detail how they want to play and what kind of role they have planned to play. I simply pay attention to these, and have found and handpicked decent amount of likeminded people. Their skill levels in different tasks can be quite easily witnessed first-hand, because almost everybody has GTA IV and some other Rockstar masterpieces.

Being active gets you noticed by right people eventually. The recruitment subforum is a good place to start.

nickmajfc
  • nickmajfc

GTA V on Next-Gen!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:31 PM

Unsure if you would be interested. I have started a crew: "24 Seven Agency".. Basing this around the show 24, where we will all wield Pistols, wear suits and drive black FIB SUV's and cars.

We will always be playing in a FBI-style way.

Twiggy123
  • Twiggy123

HNIC of the NN

• Members

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:41 PM

That's funny because my crew's theme is street gangster and we don't act like gangbangers. My crew has an intentionally stupid name too. It's a parody of real life gangs. Also, how do you know these gangs aren't going anywhere? Did they tell you?

lazy.
  • lazy.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:13 PM

QUOTE (Kreuzn @ Sunday, Aug 25 2013, 18:49)

The statistics aren't useless man lol. Unless they boosted/fixed matches, it accurately shows how well a crew has preformed. If a crew has above a 90% win percentage that means they won 9/10 of their fights, which shows they're really damn good. And while you're right that vehicles play an interesting dynamic in gta death matches, there may be situations that vehicles hinder your success. With cover and flanking becoming of much greater importance, and improved maps suited to the action, piling into a car or helicopter may not always be your best bet. We'll have to wait and see how things play out this time around.

And of course I want to play with a crew that will do well. Why would I join a crew that has trouble smoothly pulling off a heist, or can't hold their own in a team death match? I want to enjoy the company of my crew and have fun with them. But I'm not looking for a thrill seeking crew right now to just have fun in free roam. I'm looking for a crew that makes heists and fights more enjoyable. Even if you find the funniest dude in the world in one of your co-op games who makes the game hilarious, it still gets annoying if he keeps dying and holds you back. So fun is important, but a successful crew is important as well.

My post started out as a rant about wannabe gangbangers and got a bit carried away so I apologize lol. Pretty much a useless topic anyway.

No, the Social Club stats are useless because all it shows is shooting. There's no point having amazing shooters when Damned (who have amazing shooters anyway) could just stroll along while you're on your way out and chase you down. Your amazing shooters wouldn't outrun us, or any other gang that has good drivers.

If you're looking for a gang, GTAF is the better place to start as we're GTA players, not Max Payne players.

s0init
  • s0init

fatty yokel's cousin

• Members

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:59 PM

I got 2 mates with PS3's who are both getting it and also I start a new year at college with a new class so hopefully there's some chill people in my class with PS3's.

Kreuzn
  • Kreuzn

Most Wanted

• Members

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:59 PM

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Sunday, Aug 25 2013, 22:13)
QUOTE (Kreuzn @ Sunday, Aug 25 2013, 18:49)

No, the Social Club stats are useless because all it shows is shooting. There's no point having amazing shooters when Damned (who have amazing shooters anyway) could just stroll along while you're on your way out and chase you down. Your amazing shooters wouldn't outrun us, or any other gang that has good drivers.

If you're looking for a gang, GTAF is the better place to start as we're GTA players, not Max Payne players.

All it shows is shooting? That's because all max payne 3 was is shooting. It was a third person shooter on closed maps. I don't know what R*'s plans are for crews on the website, but I'd assume it will change to accommodate all that makes up gta.

And you seem to forget that the majority of max payne 3 players also played gta 4, many playing it competitively online for years. So don't correlate ones success on max payne 3 to one not having any driving skills.

People tend to forget that R* gamers go from title to title to test their skills, rather than sticking solely to one older title. Gta 4 was great, especially for its time. But most continued on to red dead redemption, and later to max payne 3. All great games, all of which have been building up to what we will see in gta 5.

Kreuzn
  • Kreuzn

Most Wanted

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:15 AM

QUOTE (Twiggy123 @ Sunday, Aug 25 2013, 21:41)
That's funny because my crew's theme is street gangster and we don't act like gangbangers. My crew has an intentionally stupid name too. It's a parody of real life gangs. Also, how do you know these gangs aren't going anywhere? Did they tell you?

If you don't try to act like you're hood then it isn't a problem lol. I'm not talking about people who make crews that represent themselves as street gangs in the game, that's fine by me. It's a game where we rob liquor stores and shoot each other, and gang life is part of the single player game. It's people who try to act and talk hood on top of that that piss me off. Maybe they're just role playing and I'm being a dick to the kids for nothing lol.

And as for crews with lame names going nowhere, it's a correlation I found in max payne 3. I'm not going to say any names cuz I don't want to offend anyone, but crews with lame/stupid names were usually sh*t. Maybe this won't continue, but I have a feeling it will. We'll have to wait and see who comes out featured in R*'s crew cuts when gtao gets going. I just doubt you'll see something like "LS cool police" crew as the top crew (just made that up off the top of my head lol).

BigBadBarstow
  • BigBadBarstow

RED GHOSTS

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:16 AM

we are a small crew

Nice Try Guvnah
  • Nice Try Guvnah

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:50 AM Edited by Nice Try Guvnah, 26 August 2013 - 01:55 AM.

QUOTE (Kreuzn @ Sunday, Aug 25 2013, 20:00)

-Expert shooters
-Expert drivers
-Best crew in gta v

Oh yea you're destined for greatness. There's no way you're overestimating your skill level and letting you ego get in the way of the truth. Full support from me, reach for the stars kiddo!

-Expert shooters
-Expert drivers
-Best crew in gta v

That was a spelling mistake you jackass. sheriffs is spelt the right way. iv'e only been playing GTA IV on and off since it came out versed many players who thought they where good in 1 on 1 deathmatch's and beat them. won many races before online but of course i'm lying, because although you know nothing about me, everyone on the internet is lying ( that's sarcasm in case you didn't realize it ) you are a moron.

EDIT- And what kind or retard puts his social club as his homepage but its not view-able. your not a very bright one are you?

Kreuzn
  • Kreuzn

Most Wanted

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:33 AM

QUOTE (Nice Try Guvnah @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 01:50)
QUOTE (Kreuzn @ Sunday, Aug 25 2013, 20:00)

-Expert shooters
-Expert drivers
-Best crew in gta v

-Expert shooters
-Expert drivers
-Best crew in gta v

That was a spelling mistake you jackass. sheriffs is spelt the right way. iv'e only been playing GTA IV on and off since it came out versed many players who thought they where good in 1 on 1 deathmatch's and beat them. won many races before online but of course i'm lying, because although you know nothing about me, everyone on the internet is lying ( that's sarcasm in case you didn't realize it ) you are a moron.

EDIT- And what kind or retard puts his social club as his homepage but its not view-able. your not a very bright one are you?

Lol I just found it funny how much you're talking yourself up. Just saying, there are very few people who are actually really talented at something that will admit they are. Most are modest. So I think it's pretty fair to say you're not being real with yourself. Maybe I'm wrong and you and your crew are actually as good as you say, but then that makes you look like a cocky douche bag. Either way, I'd cut back on talking yourself up like that. Makes you look bad.

And as for my social club page, it used to be set to open but now it's on private. Sorry you couldn't creep on me bud, I know it's hard but things will get better.

TheCrewGeneral
  • TheCrewGeneral

P★C★G★A★M★E★R

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:28 AM

The nasty niggas lmfao, what the f*ck ?

Twiggy123
  • Twiggy123

HNIC of the NN

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:13 AM

QUOTE (TheCrewGeneral @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 03:28)

The nasty niggas lmfao, what the f*ck ?

Yeah. We're a parody crew. Our characters are all going to be dressed like black gangsters and be real nasty to other players. Just like a real gang! It's okay though, it's not offensive since I'm black and so are two other crew mates. Well, it's still offensive but I don't give a f*ck, I'm a Nasty Nigga!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users