Photo

System Link option for Offline play?

7 replies to this topic
Exquise
  • Exquise

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 August 2013 - 04:26 PM

RDR allowed us to experience multiplayer in an offline experience by using the System Link option. I use this because I don't really want to pay the monthly subscription for Xbox live with only children crying down the microphone at me.

Do you think R* will include this in GTA 5? I'd much rather be able to experience it while I have no Xbox Live, and when I chose to upgrade have a relatively decent setup for online play.

Rayken
  • Rayken

Rayken

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:02 PM

No. I want system link but with the complexity of GTA:O and how it works with the social club and cloud I doubt they could get the multiplayer to work through system link as it seems they built the online around those core functions and without it it wouldn't work or it would be a toned down version with less content kinda like GTAIV.

Again do I want it? Yes. Will it happen? Doubt it.

Exquise
  • Exquise

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:14 PM

QUOTE (ThatGuyWhoPlaysGtaTooMuch @ Sunday, Aug 25 2013, 19:02)
No. I want system link but with the complexity of GTA:O and how it works with the social club and cloud I doubt they could get the multiplayer to work through system link as it seems they built the online around those core functions and without it it wouldn't work or it would be a toned down version with less content kinda like GTAIV.

Again do I want it? Yes. Will it happen? Doubt it.

Yeah I see what you're saying.

GTA:O even soloplaying is a unique experience from the Single player mode IMO, and though I will definitely do all of the team related stuff, I won't do it the moment the online servers go up (mostly due to real life commitments, and I don't want to pay the monthly fee for XBLive no matter how cheap it is)

An issue with GTA4 is, in the past year when attempting to play online and experience that, unless it's with friends.. other players kick me from the Lobby or just leave.. very rarely giving me the opportunity to try out online play properly.

Hopefully problems like this are removed in GTA:O.

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

I can't picture life without a point of view..

• Members

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:33 PM

Only problem with this is I think GTAO will be an always online experience because all of your progress is saved to the social club cloud or whatever it is. I would play it system link but since they want to record ALL of your progress I don't think it will be possible.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:49 PM

You know, I really want to know why Rockstar has never put a split screen mode in their games. I'm not talking about the crappy San Andreas two player mode.

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Sunday, Aug 25 2013, 20:49)
You know, I really want to know why Rockstar has never put a split screen mode in their games. I'm not talking about the crappy San Andreas two player mode.

Console limitations, they would have to render the world twice which would greatly strain the console.
If they put in 2 players it would be like San Andreas.

vengeancehawk
  • vengeancehawk

Vic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:07 AM

I asked Rockstar via Mouthoff and they said they have no plans of a system link option.

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Semi-Retired Forum Junkie

• Members
  • England

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:04 AM

QUOTE (hawkstalker @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 01:07)
I asked Rockstar via Mouthoff and they said they have no plans of a system link option.

Damn. sad.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users