2 replies to this topic
Agent 86
  • Agent 86

CONTROL Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:51 PM

Hello once again.

I recently got a copy of 3DS Max 2012 student edition and started converting cars from VC to SA. This proved almost impossible, because any cars I edited came up blank in GTA Garage Mod Manager (even though the finished product looked fine in 3DS Max) and when I try to spawn it in game, it crashes. I even remapped the textures. No luck.

Not only that. When I convert a vehicle in 3DS Max with Kam's DFF IO, and open it in ZModeler, there is no color to the car, and all the parts are discombobulated.

Also, when importing and exporting dff files in 3DS Max, the program freezes up for a while.

I am using Kam's Max scripts and Ano's scripts.

Can anyone help me with this?

See you in 3DS Max...maybe...

-Webmaster2015

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

It's L, as in Lpgunit, not I.

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:10 PM Edited by lpgunit, 25 August 2013 - 02:13 PM.

I haven't actually touched a VC vehicle before, only III and SA, but have you tried scrubbing the dummies and other stuff from the VC vehicle, leaving the model parts itself? That would help with converting your car to SA. Also, my best bet would be copying the materials from a stock SA car to the one you're editing.

If you want to you can PM me the Max file containing the vehicle to be edited.

Agent 86
  • Agent 86

CONTROL Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:36 PM

Well, you see. I am not just converting a stock VC car to SA. I am a member of the Back To The Future: Hill Valley site, and I use their mod for VC and SA. I want to convert their VC cars to SA. I followed this tutorial: http://www.gta-moddi...conversion.html
No luck though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users