Photo

Problem with 3ds max

12 replies to this topic
Miller786
  • Miller786

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:17 AM

I had a colt45 mod that i wanted to convert to fit the desert eagle, so i opened the dff with 3ds max and i moved,scaled,rotated until it fitted the deagle, i exported it i used the txd from the colt45 mod but the gun was exactly the same, so i tried opening it on 3ds max and it was the same as when it was a colt45.
The position of the gun doesnt save.
Any help? (this is my first attempt, ive never done this before)

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

It's L, as in Lpgunit, not I.

• Members

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:00 AM

Do you have a screenshot of the mod in action, and in 3DS Max? Also, have you tried resetting Xform?

I MD Pradipta
  • I MD Pradipta

Boy you should have known by now, Eazy does it

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:16 AM Edited by Masdika_indonesia45, 25 August 2013 - 09:27 AM.

QUOTE (Miller786 @ Sunday, Aug 25 2013, 14:17)
I had a colt45 mod that i wanted to convert to fit the desert eagle, so i opened the dff with 3ds max and i moved,scaled,rotated until it fitted the deagle, i exported it i used the txd from the colt45 mod but the gun was exactly the same, so i tried opening it on 3ds max and it was the same as when it was a colt45.
The position of the gun doesnt save.
Any help? (this is my first attempt, ive never done this before)

i think you have done it right.
Do you have gtamax.exe snooplistener installed and running?. Check if it is in the gta_tools folder.
I use gmax 1.2 not 3ds max. But iam sure this can solve your problem because i also have the same problem when i first use gmax.

Miller786
  • Miller786

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 August 2013 - 03:32 PM Edited by Miller786, 25 August 2013 - 03:44 PM.

i Have only 3ds max, i dont know where is my gta_tools folder, what is gmax?
What is the Xform? how can i reset it?
Edit: found the gta_tools folder but there isn't any snooplistener or gtamax inside.
In the "about" of the collision tab i found "use gtamax.exe" and something about ak73 which is checked.
Maybe it has something to do with the collisions , I checked "skip collisions" in the export tab.
I think gtamax is only for gmax users.

ZAZ
  • ZAZ

Kernlochbohrer

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 25 August 2013 - 04:52 PM

you don't the xform for your colt but you must select the vertex points to modify the form and skip col is ok
maybe you have an entire problem with gta modding
are you on win7? is SA installed at c:\programm files? could you modify the game more times successful?

Miller786
  • Miller786

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 August 2013 - 05:41 PM

The mods always works fine the problem is when i try to edit them.

Miller786
  • Miller786

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:03 AM

Any Help??

I MD Pradipta
  • I MD Pradipta

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:17 PM

I can tell you how to do it but, iam using gmax
it's just like 3ds max but with less features and it's free!

Gmax DL link (only 18mb)
http://www.turbosquid.com/gmax

1.) run gmax with snooplistener running if you use gmax without snooplistener running you have a problem exporting the model.
2.) import the weapon and fit the position you want.
3.) after you do that you need to select the weapon and export it.

That is the only i know i hope this can help you.

Miller786
  • Miller786

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:31 AM Edited by Miller786, 28 August 2013 - 10:56 AM.

Ok, i've installed Gmax , installed kam's gmax scripts , runned gmax, under the MAXscript menu i clicked Maxscript listener... , i loaded the gun model dff using DFF IO, i loaded the original deagle and fitted the model, i clicked on DFF IO , i clicked on "skip COL" i exported it.
Then i tried loading it again and it's in the same position as the one at the beginning...
im desperate cryani.gif What am i doing wrong? why everybody can do this and im the only one on earth with this problem?
The problem is In my opinion, that i load a dff and not an .obj or other model files, might that be the problem, i dont made that dff, so maybe it's somehow locked and i cant do anything with it?

I MD Pradipta
  • I MD Pradipta

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:27 AM Edited by Masdika_indonesia45, 29 August 2013 - 07:35 AM.

QUOTE (Miller786 @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 16:31)
Ok, i've installed Gmax , installed kam's gmax scripts , runned gmax, under the MAXscript menu i clicked Maxscript listener... , i loaded the gun model dff using DFF IO, i loaded the original deagle and fitted the model, i clicked on DFF IO , i clicked on "skip COL" i exported it.
Then i tried loading it again and it's in the same position as the one at the beginning...
im desperate  cryani.gif What am i doing wrong? why everybody can do this and im the only one on earth with this problem?
The problem is In my opinion, that i load a dff and not an .obj or other model files, might that be the problem, i dont made that dff, so maybe it's somehow locked and i cant do anything with it?

Send me the link where you download the mod and i'll try it then if i succest doing it i tell how to do it the right way.
How do you run the gmax?.
Try to run gmax from Gtamax.exe in the gta_tools folder not the gmax.exe. Gtamax.exe icon is a black square with green text. Then do the same thing you have done.

In my experience If you not run gtamax.exe you will have an export problem
example :
1). You have create an object and you save is as example.dff in the desktop succesfully but, when you go to desktop there are no example.dff (in short, there are no saved .dff file)

sorry for bad english,man.

Edit: maybe this would help you
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=360969
read what ak-73 wrote

Miller786
  • Miller786

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:11 PM

i will try that gtamax, cant send the link, sorry, you ll have to google " the gta place mafia colt 1911 its a vc mod that i wanted in sa as deagle.

Black Mantis
  • Black Mantis

TH3 Don

• Members
  • Syria

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:53 PM

in 3ds max, press the hammer icon and press (Reset XForm) the key under menu will appear, then select your colt and press (Reset Selected)

Miller786
  • Miller786

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:42 AM

Thank you Askn!!! that was the problem, now i can finally create my own mods,thanks to madiska and the others for the effort too.

• Black Mantis likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users