Photo

Chemical weapon attack in Syria

605 replies to this topic
Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:55 PM

QUOTE (RockStarNiko @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 19:51)
Why do so many people pretend to be good and decent?

Why not just all be evil and proud like the X-Men?

Apart from the guy in the wheelchair, who in the X-Men is actually 'evil'?

helloworld
  • helloworld

Rat

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:01 PM

The Islamic rebels and the Assad government seem to be just as bad, so why does the US only want to bomb the government? They should bomb the terrorists as well while they're at it.
Or maybe I'm just stupid.

gtaxpert
  • gtaxpert

that's how I dooz it

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:02 PM

RockStarNiko, stop double posting. Edit your posts.

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:03 PM

QUOTE (gtaxpert @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 14:46)
QUOTE (Showstopper 26 @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 18:20)
QUOTE (gtaxpert @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 14:16)
But this time I'm worried too... tounge.gif

Why are you worried?

Because a war is breaking out, and unrest in the Middle East is just unimaginably dangerous considering Pakistan for instance has nuclear weapons and also has very strong muslim fundamentalism. Now Pakistan and Syria are very far apart.. But Bahrain and Tunisia are also far apart but still both had related popular uprisings. Unrest in that region is just very dangerous and that worries me.

icon14.gif

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:25 PM

Thank God he's seeking congressional approval, hopefully they'll shoot it down like they did across the pond.

TiddleyWinker
  • TiddleyWinker

Trick

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:36 PM

QUOTE (EscoLehGo @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 20:25)
Thank God he's seeking congressional approval, hopefully they'll shoot it down like they did across the pond.

My guess is Obama regrets speaking too soon and wants out without losing face, congress vote no, he hasn't backed down and can say "I tried".
Then again, I don't have much faith in congress voting against.

Also, anyone catch Obama mentioning that he's "President of the world's oldest Constitutional Democracy...", I had to smile. biggrin.gif

Moth
  • Moth

Baka Senpai

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:38 PM

QUOTE (EscoLehGo @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 15:25)

I wouldn't be surprised if he ignores congress, if they say no.

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:01 PM

QUOTE (TiddleyWinker @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 20:36)
QUOTE (EscoLehGo @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 20:25)

My guess is Obama regrets speaking too soon and wants out without losing face, congress vote no, he hasn't backed down and can say "I tried".
Then again, I don't have much faith in congress voting against.

Also, anyone catch Obama mentioning that he's "President of the world's oldest Constitutional Democracy...", I had to smile. biggrin.gif

He f*cked up, he endorsed the Arab Spring early on, he should have stayed quiet about it. Islamists seem to have taken over that movement like they take over everything else in that part of the world if there isn't a strong man government in place to step on their heads.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:03 PM

QUOTE (RockStarNiko @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 14:13)
QUOTE (GunWrath @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 18:53)
QUOTE (RockStarNiko @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 13:34)
QUOTE (gtaxpert @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 18:22)
QUOTE (RockStarNiko @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 18:19)
I'm not worried. I hope WW3 does happen because it is what people deserve

This planet is full of evil people

Maybe wiping out 90% of the planet and starting over, the human race might actually become more civilized

Obama does deserve a Nobel Prize, not in Peace (hell no.), but a Nobel Prize in literature considering he's a world-class fantasy writer.

Other people write it for him..

Really?

The world is full of evil people, the VAST MAJORITY, not a small minority

WAR, CRIME, RACISM, GREED, POVERTY, SOCIAL INEQUALITY

You tell me a part of the world that is not evil

Pick any part of the world at random and you will find evil, pure sick evil

So WW3 is what this species of barbaric animal deserves

The planet itself will recover

You think a war which WWIII isn't going to happen over this but if WWIII happened at any given time that nearly wasting the human race is going to rid the world of evil? There will always be evil and wrong-doings.. always, it's inevitable. We're not a perfect race.. to say 'I hope the world goes up in flames' is by far one of the most ignorant and idiotic things I could possibly hear.

People follow people who have a voice, whether that voice has reason or that voice spreads evil.. there will always be resistance groups, corrupt politicians, etc. So don't hold your breath on WWIII, because honestly, that's one war I hope to never see or my children.

Explain to me why the statement "I hope the world goes up in flames" is idiotic and ignorant?

I don't think we are using the same dictionary

If there is an evil American War Machine hellbent on murder and genocide and is supported by an evil population, who cheer their country at every opportunity and evil exists throughout the world, explain to me why I should act any different?

You have this obsession for the word evil.. but I don't think you quite understand what evil really is.

Anyways, idiotic? Very.. why? Do you realize that this isn't the 40's where only 2 or 3 nuclear bombs existed, this is 2013, where literally 100's, hell probably even thousands of nuclear warheads exist. If one country launches at another, they will respond with their own launch, and eventually everyone who has means of launching will jump in as there's no chance of just sitting this out.. f*ck it, everyone else is launching. After all the explosions, death, even the small percent that survive certainly won't survive long.. as that many nuclear explosions would cause all kinds of sh*t, nuclear winter, radiation and no telling the effects it would do to climate, since most of the sky will shield out the sun, etc.

Anyways, even if all the 'evil' people died and the world restores itself after how many years and some human population happened to survive considering the events that happened, how long until population begins it's evil toll again? So hoping for a nuclear WWIII is very idiotic and serves no purpose, WWIII is very much easily referred to as an end to the world as we know it. Who in the hell would want that other than some religious nutjob or cult? Noone I wouldn't think.. You're an odd one.

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:11 PM Edited by Kirsty, 31 August 2013 - 09:48 PM.

QUOTE (BillGates @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 19:24)
´Murica.

orly.gif

IslaVista
  • IslaVista

Rugby Player; Poet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE (RockStarNiko @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 19:43)
QUOTE (IslaVista @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 19:31)
QUOTE (RockStarNiko @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 19:20)
QUOTE (IslaVista @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 19:14)
Why can't we just drop away and let these arab scumbags kill each other.

Case in point

rugby player, guitarist, racist

All over the f**king planet it exists

I got the evil Paddy Ashdown on the news at the moment, another one

EVERYWHERE YOU LOOK YOU FIND EVIL

Everyone is racist. No one believes their own race is inferior to another.

Also, evil will always exist. You can't get rid of it because no two person's morals are the same. For instance you say WW3 should happen so we can wipe out 90% of humans and "start over". That make YOU evil. You openly supported the instance to murder 5+ billion people. People who wouldn't even have a stake in the war, who have done no evil. Children who never got to reach the age of 4 and experience life. Families who have done nothing but live their daily lives. YOU want to destroy them. To end their lives and place them in internal nothing.

You're the evil one. The world doesn't need to be thrown up into flames. We don't need to kill everyone. Calm the f*ck down.

Because I see the world is full of evil and so have decided to be the same

And 7 billion not just 5 billion

Everything I say is hitting nerves and bringing out the true character of people, the true evil nature of human beings

There is a minority of good people in this world, a MINORITY who will never be the majority

So, why should I not be part of the majority?

What is the difference in cheering on the Nazis or Obama War Machine and wanting to see the entire planet go up in flames

Obama intentionally murders human beings, so if the supposed most powerful man on the planet does it, why doesn't everyone?

He is leading by example, MURDER, GENOCIDE and EVIL are clearly the way forward, UK and France agree

There has NEVER been a point in time where "evil" has not existed within humans, get over yourself.

Everything you say is making everyone dumber. Your posts are full of idiocy. You've yet to be supported in anything you say.

5(PLUS) billion. DO YOU NOT SEE THE + SYMBOL?

Your definition of a good person doesn't seem attainable if only a few people have it. There's a lot of good people, I've yet to meet an evil person face to face. People have interests, they will protect their family and property before they protect an unknown man. Just because someones not going around giving the public blowjobs for the greater of mankind doesn't mean he's a sick minded murder.

Because not everyone is a president of a one of the most powerful countries. Not everyone has a million man army and a stockpile of guns to tell who to blow up.

Oh really? I have yet to see him make a speech on how Americans need to kill everything.

Seriously, your IQ is far less than 90. Please get off the internet before you make GTAForumers looks bad.
Also, Australians speak ENGLISH, f*cking retard.

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:32 PM

Seriously, what's the deal here?

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:32 PM

QUOTE (EscoLehGo @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 11:15)
QUOTE (JOSEPH X @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 11:08)
Because it's not our place to check their findings.

Holy sh*t Irviding. Thank god most people don't think like you, or we'd be living in a fascist state.

I'm off to a march cool.gif

I don't think I agree with you politically because you come off as a bit of a tin hat but if you're really going to a march then good for you for going outside and actually doing something. I can respect anyone that takes action with something they're passionate about unlike the vast majority of tin hats who only huddle around their lap tops and circle jerk about the Illuminati hiding under their beds.

Tin hat? lol.gif I'm more your Darwinian slash atheist slash realist mercie_blink.gif

What's motivated me on this issue is that because 'they' can't provide a shred of valid evidence to prove that Assad gassed his own people right under the noses of a UN inspection team, they bring out all the big guns of rhetoric and spin, and get their media cronies to persuade the public into backing airstrikes to topple a sovereign government.

That's as clear as day, and you don't have to fill in the blanks in your knowledge with conspiracy theories about what is going on behind the scenes, because it is all out in the open. It also comes shortly after the tissue of lies that was WMDs - the false pretext for invading Iraq.

So I went to the demo and there were five people when I got there, but our number swelled to at least thirty at its maximum a short while after this pic was taken:

user posted image

Met a lot of interesting people from around the world, and we were having a nice chat when an old gent got up to go and said good bye to me. I said to John the rally organiser, "Hey, I know him he's off the TV." John was like, "I thought I recognised him." And before I could remember what he was off, I'd run up and stopped him, "Wait wait, you're off the television. What was it now? That's it, PICTURE BOX!"

"Yes, I'm Alan Rothwell. I used to present that show." Then all the memories of childhood came flooding back. You see Picture Box was a program made by ITV Schools - it was even shown to us in primary school - and the combination of the hypnotic opening titles and Alan Rothwell's soothing voice, allowed you to just block out the world for 15 minutes. Simple format, he introduced a short film or animation from somewhere around the world which was about something.

I think I got quite giddy, he was genuinely pleased that me and John had remembered him, and happily posed for a snap - that's me on the left...

user posted image

Back on the topic of the demo, I was voted the man most likely to be an MI6 plant.... in a discussion I started sad.gif

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:52 PM

QUOTE (JOSEPH X @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 21:32)
I was voted the man most likely to be an MI6 plant.... in a discussion I started sad.gif

You probably shouldn't have had a shower before you went.

Raavi
  • Raavi

• Antarctica
  • Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:16 PM Edited by Raavi, 01 September 2013 - 02:07 AM.

n/a

Acetaminophen
  • Acetaminophen

I own my own pet virus I get to pet and name her

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:18 PM

I really don't care what happens as long as it does not affect as in bombs blowing up near me. Blow yourselves up I don't care.

ryan_J
  • ryan_J

GTA FOR LIFE !

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:21 PM

QUOTE (Acetaminophen @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 23:18)
I really don't care what happens as long as it does not affect as in bombs blowing up near me. Blow yourselves up I don't care.

Smooth real smooth rolleyes.gif

Mv6
  • Mv6

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:25 PM

Another terrorist attack will occur as a response to U.S. involvement in Syria. Both sides are not very fond of the west.

Acetaminophen
  • Acetaminophen

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:25 PM

QUOTE (ryan_J @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 18:21)
I really don't care what happens as long as it does not affect as in bombs blowing up near me. Blow yourselves up  I don't care.

What can I do? Care? About what? I'm able to tell the government no, but what will that do nothing. Everything stays the same. Then I have to deal with people hating me because im an american like i chose to be one and like i choose to goto all these wars. I'm sick of it.

Death2Drugs
  • Death2Drugs

Wanna milky?

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:28 PM

QUOTE (IslaVista @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 21:21)
QUOTE (RockStarNiko @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 19:43)
QUOTE (IslaVista @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 19:31)
QUOTE (RockStarNiko @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 19:20)
QUOTE (IslaVista @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 19:14)
Why can't we just drop away and let these arab scumbags kill each other.

Case in point

rugby player, guitarist, racist

All over the f**king planet it exists

I got the evil Paddy Ashdown on the news at the moment, another one

EVERYWHERE YOU LOOK YOU FIND EVIL

Everyone is racist. No one believes their own race is inferior to another.

Also, evil will always exist. You can't get rid of it because no two person's morals are the same. For instance you say WW3 should happen so we can wipe out 90% of humans and "start over". That make YOU evil. You openly supported the instance to murder 5+ billion people. People who wouldn't even have a stake in the war, who have done no evil. Children who never got to reach the age of 4 and experience life. Families who have done nothing but live their daily lives. YOU want to destroy them. To end their lives and place them in internal nothing.

You're the evil one. The world doesn't need to be thrown up into flames. We don't need to kill everyone. Calm the f*ck down.

Because I see the world is full of evil and so have decided to be the same

And 7 billion not just 5 billion

Everything I say is hitting nerves and bringing out the true character of people, the true evil nature of human beings

There is a minority of good people in this world, a MINORITY who will never be the majority

So, why should I not be part of the majority?

What is the difference in cheering on the Nazis or Obama War Machine and wanting to see the entire planet go up in flames

Obama intentionally murders human beings, so if the supposed most powerful man on the planet does it, why doesn't everyone?

He is leading by example, MURDER, GENOCIDE and EVIL are clearly the way forward, UK and France agree

There has NEVER been a point in time where "evil" has not existed within humans, get over yourself.

Everything you say is making everyone dumber. Your posts are full of idiocy. You've yet to be supported in anything you say.

5(PLUS) billion. DO YOU NOT SEE THE + SYMBOL?

Your definition of a good person doesn't seem attainable if only a few people have it. There's a lot of good people, I've yet to meet an evil person face to face. People have interests, they will protect their family and property before they protect an unknown man. Just because someones not going around giving the public blowjobs for the greater of mankind doesn't mean he's a sick minded murder.

Because not everyone is a president of a one of the most powerful countries. Not everyone has a million man army and a stockpile of guns to tell who to blow up.

Oh really? I have yet to see him make a speech on how Americans need to kill everything.

Seriously, your IQ is far less than 90. Please get off the internet before you make GTAForumers looks bad.
Also, Australians speak ENGLISH, f*cking retard.

You sound like a very classy guy yourself.

ryan_J
  • ryan_J

GTA FOR LIFE !

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:32 PM

QUOTE (Acetaminophen @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 23:25)
I really don't care what happens as long as it does not affect as in bombs blowing up near me. Blow yourselves up  I don't care.

What can I do? Care? About what? I'm able to tell the government no, but what will that do nothing. Everything stays the same. Then I have to deal with people hating me because im an american like i chose to be one and like i choose to goto all these wars. I'm sick of it.

Don't get me wrong I fully understand your view but the "I don't care" part was the part I take issue with, saying you don't care would suggest that even if you had the power to stop all the death in Syria in the click of a finger you wouldn't because "you don't care" I'm going to assume I've taken your post the wrong way but do you understand where I'm coming from?

Acetaminophen
  • Acetaminophen

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:37 PM Edited by Acetaminophen, 31 August 2013 - 11:39 PM.

QUOTE (ryan_J @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 18:32)
QUOTE (Acetaminophen @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 23:25)

Don't get me wrong I fully understand your view but the "I don't care" part was the part I take issue with, saying you don't care would suggest that even if you had the power to stop all the death in Syria in the click of a finger you wouldn't because "you don't care" I'm going to assume I've taken your post the wrong way but do you understand where I'm coming from?

oh sorry it wasn't meant to be taken that way. If i did have that power i would just make all of this stop. No wars at all.

except star wars. Star Wars can stay.

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 03:37 AM

Now they're talking about a possible terror attack by Iran if US airstrikes Syria?

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

©

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:47 AM

Would anyone mind summarizing whats been developing? I don't want to dig through nearly 20 pages of bickering..

So a chemical attack occurred, supposedly it was the Syrian Gov. though they are denying it and some are saying another group pulled off the attack to setup a pretense.. where along the lines did the US Gov. need to get involved and why talk of a new war?

Like seriously, do we really need another fudgin war right now? What about our entire country going to sh*t? Is DC just saying f*ck it, lets start as many wars as we can before the entire country is bankrupt cause we're f*cked either way or what?

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:52 AM

The world is f*cked up at the moment. The US want to attack Syria, Britain say No, Russia and China oppose. Germany and France support and even worse our (Indian) economy is taking a hit. (Though it steadied itself on Thursday). Iran says it'll conduct a terror attack on the US if it does attack Syria, debates about another World War.

Hopefully, the Congress says no. If a war does break out. God knows what would happen.

Hopefully we keep our noses out of this sh*t.

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:08 AM

QUOTE (GrandMaster Smith @ Sunday, Sep 1 2013, 09:47)
Would anyone mind summarizing whats been developing? I don't want to dig through nearly 20 pages of bickering..

So a chemical attack occurred, supposedly it was the Syrian Gov. though they are denying it and some are saying another group pulled off the attack to setup a pretense.. where along the lines did the US Gov. need to get involved and why talk of a new war?

Like seriously, do we really need another fudgin war right now? What about our entire country going to sh*t? Is DC just saying f*ck it, lets start as many wars as we can before the entire country is bankrupt cause we're f*cked either way or what?

The Syrian gov blamed the rebels for the chemical weapon attack. The USA say's that it has "evidence" (BS evidence) to prove that the Syrian gov are responsible for the attack. The UK will not attack Syria due to a commons vote, Germany will not attack Syria. The Chinese, the Iranians and the Russians are also against was. But the French gov said that "it will do what is necessary" to remove Assad, meaning that if there is war, the US are alone with France. Obama wants war (or as he calls it "intervene"), but he's letting congress vote on weather the US should attack Syria or not.

D- Ice
  • D- Ice

Gangsta

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:15 PM Edited by D- Ice, 01 September 2013 - 09:01 PM.

QUOTE (Los Santos Police Department @ Sunday, Sep 1 2013, 06:08)
QUOTE (GrandMaster Smith @ Sunday, Sep 1 2013, 09:47)

The Syrian gov blamed the rebels for the chemical weapon attack. The USA say's that it has "evidence" (BS evidence) to prove that the Syrian gov are responsible for the attack. The UK will not attack Syria due to a commons vote, Germany will not attack Syria. The Chinese, the Iranians and the Russians are also against was. But the French gov said that "it will do what is necessary" to remove Assad, meaning that if there is war, the US are alone with France. Obama wants war (or as he calls it "intervene"), but he's letting congress vote on weather the US should attack Syria or not.

You summarised it quite well, the only thing I disagree with is the usage of "War".
No one is planning for a war, Obama plans on air and/or cruise missile strikes that the Syrian Army can neither defend against or retaliate to. There's also not going to be any boots on the ground. So it's far closer to a turkey shoot than a war.

Russia and China are both nuclear powers. As I outlined in another reply burried deep in this thread (and evidently completely ignored), they simply aren't going to retaliate directly, and aren't even stupid enough to risk America's wrath by retaliating indirectly. Just expect some strong word from Putin if anything goes ahead.

Iran will act depending on how bold it feels. At most, it will involve Hizbollah launching a few unguided, crude missles at Israel, causing very little damage mostly to civilians and their infastructure. Israel with undoubedly respond with unproportionate force, crippling Hizbollah for a year or so, killing lots of Lebanese civilians, and demolitioning several areas of Lebanon and Beirut along the way.

Nothing really unlike the norm when it comes to the Middle-East - the only difference this time is the unpopularity of this proposed intervention in the West.

nitrousoxide
  • nitrousoxide

Jimmy Leppard's Dupe Account

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:33 PM

americans will kill us all. obama is dumb

Stephan90
  • Stephan90

Ihr müsst mich in den Stahl hinablassen.

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:59 PM

without words...

user posted image

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 01:27 PM

They're saying Obama went golfing after his speech yesterday and then went to Moscow. They said he's not taking this seriously and should have called for an emergency congressional meeting until waiting for them to reconvene.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users