Maria sucks.

13 replies to this topic
Mr.ClaudeFan
  • Mr.ClaudeFan

Lord of Liberty (City)

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:28 PM

Hey everyone, I'd like to talk about Maria Latore, you know, the wife of Salvatore Leone. I find that she's really annoying, though I might be kicking a dead horse by saying that. Anyway, I don't like her as a character, in fact I absolutely despise her. Think about it. She's the one who turned you against the Mafia, she's the one that made you shift into max overdrive and rescue her, and she's the one that made Salvatore and Toni's lives a living hell in LCS. I feel like a whole number of things could have been prevented or fixed if she had kept working at Caligula's. What do you guys think?

LegoJoe
  • LegoJoe

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 August 2013 - 04:59 AM

Yeah , Maria is a complete and utter asshole. Remember in Bomb Da Base Act I he said "If you do this, I will make you a made man, anything you want." ? Because of his sh*thole wife, I almost get killed. And in 'The Exchange' When the Bang goes off at the end, I always believed that Claude had been pretty sensible and killed the dumbass.

Johan
  • Johan

Free The Future

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:08 AM

She didn't bother me much in III but in LCS was when she really did, but to date the only person that I truly despise is Catalina

TonyMontanaCDL
  • TonyMontanaCDL

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:00 PM

Don't play LCS if she bothers you that bad.

chapapote
  • chapapote

Homie

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:34 AM

LOL. I don't think such a minor character is enough reason to not play a game. She doesn't appear that much.

FearTheLiving
  • FearTheLiving

Giovane D'onore

• Members

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:25 AM

I hate her voice in LCS didn't mind her in III though. I didn't like the changes to Catalina in San Andreas that and her whole scene (along with T-Bone) with CJ made me lose all respect for him so there's that.

cdoublejj
  • cdoublejj

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:35 AM

I thought maria was his duaghter.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:56 AM

LOL. I don't think such a minor character is enough reason to not play a game. She doesn't appear that much.

I believe the question was 'What do you think of Maria?', the original poster did not mention at any time that it stops him from playing the game, he simply said she annoys him.

I hate her voice in LCS.

I do agree here that her voice in Grand Theft Auto III is a lot better to that of LCS in many ways. I personally do not think that they should have changed voice actors and should of either got her old voice actor back or remove her from LCS (although this would be hard to do as Salvatore is shown a lot an cutscenes like the one in 'Contra-Banned' can't be replaced.

I thought maria was his duaghter.

No, Maria is in fact Salvatore's Wife in Grand Theft Auto III and LCS, it isn't as obvious in this game as there are few references of the fact but in LCS it is quite clear.

Grand Theft Auto Michael
  • Grand Theft Auto Michael

I see nothing but good things for you my son, anything you want.

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:15 PM

Actually, I just love her. Yes, she is a pain in the ass. But I just think she's a great character.

Ziggy455
  • Ziggy455

Ain't nothin' over til it's over.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [Expression]

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:22 PM

I always thought Maria was an extremely neurotic, and somewhat annoying person, but she seems to have calmed down extremely in GTA III as opposed to her persona of Liberty City Stories. I was always curious as to whether Rockstar was trying to distinguish two separate characters but in the end I guess they were the same. Maria feels a lot of older in LCS yet much younger in GTA III. 

I never really saw Claude's intention with her, but maybe he finally did do what we'd all have done and pulled the trigger. I always believed revenge was his deal, and Maria was just a side-note nuisance to what he really wanted.

lloydo
  • lloydo

Count

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:18 PM

Yes very annoying. Part of Rockstars story planning I guess. Nice body though. ;)  Hehe.

chapapote
  • chapapote

Homie

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:30 PM Edited by chapapote, 17 September 2013 - 10:30 PM.

I believe the question was 'What do you think of Maria?', the original poster did not mention at any time that it stops him from playing the game, he simply said she annoys him.

My comment was directed to the post directly above mine, not to the original poster.

GtaIIIClaude
  • GtaIIIClaude

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:31 PM

Eh, she was okay. 

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:58 PM

I think that's the point of Maria's character, to make her flip friggin' annoying.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users