» «
Photo

Life is short and you only live it once

27 replies to this topic
Mike0
  • Mike0

Soldier

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:32 PM Edited by Mike0, 25 August 2013 - 01:36 AM.

My 2 cents:

What is most important to you in life, what are your interests.

Also I got this new idea:

Most things are not realy "real", they are just in our mind making sense of it biggrin.gif

Also, isnt it annoying that you cant "pause" your body, so that you dont age. No matter what you do, you are one year older each year.

Ilikehotcrossbuns
  • Ilikehotcrossbuns

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:40 PM

Who cares?

III H1TMaN III
  • III H1TMaN III

The Silent Assassin

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:50 PM Edited by III H1TMaN III, 25 August 2013 - 04:48 PM.

QUOTE (Ilikehotcrossbuns @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 22:40)
Who cares?

I care.

Mr Scratch
  • Mr Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:52 PM

So your point is do what you want while you still can, an idea that I respect.

Ilikehotcrossbuns
  • Ilikehotcrossbuns

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:55 PM

QUOTE (III H1TMaN III @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 22:50)
Who cares?

I care.

OP, I come back at you tomorrow. Right now I am on my phone and typing is sh*t like this...

Well sh*t, I'd get a hobby or something if I were you.

PaletoChickenCapo
  • PaletoChickenCapo

Neunundneunzig Luftballons

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:57 PM

Who cares?

You're one of those members that I like, but eventually you're going to get banned, so I'll try not to get used to you.

ryan_J
  • ryan_J

GTA FOR LIFE !

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:59 PM Edited by ryan_J, 24 August 2013 - 11:13 PM.

Because you have gone all philosophical I will too...

You said that "If you were born a dog or a cat it wouldn't be 1% of the fun of being a human. Humans have longer life spans, can walk, or drive in a car, or go with a plane. A dog will not see a big part of the globe in his lifetime, a human with a fat wallet can."

My issue with this statement is that philosophically who knows what it is like to have the mind of a dog? Dogs do not have the capacity or means to think about experiences and such that they're missing out on, so arguably it could be said that a dog may lead a happier life than us... A life without envy, jealousy, heartbreak and emotional pain. Some of the things us humans favour most in life, things like food and sex are the things that dogs do on a daily basis, eat and breed, that's there two main activities! So although we may think we have great opportunities in life. We only think this because we can fathom (or can't) what its like to be without such opportunities and experiences.

You also said "We are given our 5 senses to experience the whole world, including the universe, solar system, Earth, society, art, history, science, philosophy, etc....."

We do not experience the whole world, we only experience what we experience, we have our senses and that's it, we may never know what it is like to fly unaided through the sky like a bird. We will never know what its like to eat the head of our sexual partners like a praying mantis, we think we experience everything but this is just down to our own egos... A flaw in our brains design if you will. We are bombarded with how great we are as a human race but are we really that great?

Another interesting point you made was this "And what is a movie really ? Its human actors being filmed, with some kind of story that is interesting to the viewer."

TV and movies are just a distraction from your life, as much as I love a great movie I realise that they're for people who are to lazy to go out and make they're own experiences, we'd rather sit at home and watch a 2 hour clip of someone pretending to be someone else and getting paid $10,000,000 to do so, money that they will spend creating real life experiences for the real them to enjoy. While we sit there waiting for the next blockbuster. Sad really... but we all do it.

So at the end of the day we are just us, we don't really know anything about anything. We are just a floating ball of rock in a universe so big that there isn't even a word to describe it, but even then I only say this because its what that documentary on discovery channel told me last week. We are impossibly stupid as a race of humans, our priorities are completely broken and we live in a terrible time... but do we really?

III H1TMaN III
  • III H1TMaN III

The Silent Assassin

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:00 PM

QUOTE (Ilikehotcrossbuns @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 22:55)
Who cares?

I care.

OP, I come back at you tomorrow. Right now I am on my phone and typing is sh*t like this...

I have 2 hobbies actually.

#1 is Gaming

#2 is Drawing

smile.gif

III H1TMaN III
  • III H1TMaN III

The Silent Assassin

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:06 PM

QUOTE (ryan_J @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 22:59)
Because you have gone all philosophical I will too...

You said that "If you were born a dog or a cat it wouldn't be 1% of the fun of being a human. Humans have longer life spans, can walk, or drive in a car, or go with a plane. A dog will not see a big part of the globe in his lifetime, a human with a fat wallet can."

My issue with this statement is that philosophically who knows what it is like to have the mind of a dog? Dogs do not have the capacity or means to think about experiences and such that they're missing out on, so arguably it could be said that a dog may lead a happier life than us... A life without envy, jealousy, heartbreak and emotional pain. Some of the things us humans favour most in life, things like food and sex are the things that dogs do on a daily basis, eat and breed, that's there two main activities! So although we may think we have great opportunities in life. We only think this because we can fathom (or can't) what its like to be without such opportunities and experiences.

You also said "We are given our 5 senses to experience the whole world, including the universe, solar system, Earth, society, art, history, science, philosophy, etc....."

We do not experience the whole world, we only experience what we experience, we have our senses and that's it, we may never know what it is like to fly unaided through the sky like a bird. We will never know what its like to eat the head of our sexual partners like a praying mantis, we think we experience everything but this is just down to our own egos... A flaw in our brains design if you will. We are bombarded with how great we are as a human race but are we really that great?

Another interesting point you made was this "And what is a movie really ? Its human actors being filmed, with some kind of story that is interesting to the viewer."

TV and movies are just a distraction from your life, as much as I love a great movie I realise that they're for people who are to lazy to go out and make they're own experiences, we'd rather sit at home and watch a 2 hour clip of someone pretending to be someone else and getting paid $10,000,000 to do so, money that they will spend creating real life experiences for the real them to enjoy. While we sit there waiting for the next blockbuster. Sad really... but we all do it.

So at the end of the day we are just us, we don't really know anything about anything. We are just a floating ball of rock in a universe so big that there isn't even a word to describe it, but even then I only say this because its what that documentary on discovery channel told me last week. We are impossibly stupid as a race of humans, our priorities are completely broken and we live in a terrible time... but do we really?

I agree with things said from the OP, but also this post.

Life is just weird, and most of the time you can't live it the way you want sadly...

Oh by the way.. If virtual reality comes out in our lifetime we can experience flying like a bird! Haha! But we really can't experience everything, like you said. But I don't mind. I just want to experience the things I think are fun, but alas these things are sometimes impossible to achieve.. sad.gif

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:54 PM

I live my life to the fullest by living other people's lives in TV screens.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:04 AM

QUOTE (natethegreatforlife @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 23:54)
I live my life to the fullest by living other people's lives in TV screens.

Extreme cool.gif

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The Liberty City Experience

• Members

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:22 AM

Get $$$$$ or die trying.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:06 AM

QUOTE (Ilikehotcrossbuns @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 17:55)
Who cares?

I care.

sigh.gif How come whenever someone types up a long post they get accused of having no life?

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Zaibatsu
  • Japan

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:12 AM

Wrong. Life is the longest thing you will ever do.

Quartercan American
  • Quartercan American

Maybe in the future

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:15 AM

Not with my Faith....Im gonna live this life till I die, Then Ill live 1000 years, and then for the rest of eternity that_guy2057_evilgrin.gif

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:29 AM

QUOTE (Quartercan American @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 20:15)
Not with my Faith....Im gonna live this life till I die, Then Ill live 1000 years, and then for the rest of eternity that_guy2057_evilgrin.gif

inb4atheists

NikoGTA4
  • NikoGTA4

Ringolo

• Members

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:10 AM

Life is what you make it.

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:37 AM

Quality > Quantity.

Live a good healthy life, the you only live once motto is ignorant imo, it's giving people the idea it's okay to drink yourself unconscious everynight, eat what's glorified on tv rather than what's healthy, smoke at a young age ect when usually you're going to be livign a good 70+ years. While most definitely you should jump on every opportunity you get to experience someplace or thing new, but it should never be done so carelessly.

You don't want to be 40, 50, 60 living with a failing liver or being morbidly obese, mouth full of fillings or a hole in your throat. We as humans are the only known creature capable of creating separate realities within our minds to plan for the future. This is something extremely valuable and should be taken advantage of no matter how much people seem to take it for granted.

Take care of your body for your body is your vessel which you pilot. It's where you as a conscious being will reside your entire life and which the condition of your physical body will effect the condition of your mind and well-being.

Be kind, generous and humble to every person and most especially treat EVERY human as an equal being, whether they're a different race, have physical disabilities or mental handicaps. Always try to smile and never take life too seriously. It's a basically game to enjoy and have fun, try your best to never let it get you down.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 25 August 2013 - 03:46 AM

At least one time in your life, you should live outside of the system. By that I mean:

No money
No job
No social security
No income
No property
No debts

It would open your eyes to... (I won't spoil it for you, just do it and you'll see)

Lexty.
  • Lexty.

acclimate

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:45 AM

Life is dormant until we die.

MassacreGTA
  • MassacreGTA

Prankster

• Members

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:01 AM

QUOTE (GrandMaster Smith @ Sunday, Aug 25 2013, 03:37)
Quality > Quantity.

Live a good healthy life, the you only live once motto is ignorant imo, it's giving people the idea it's okay to drink yourself unconscious everynight, eat what's glorified on tv rather than what's healthy, smoke at a young age ect when usually you're going to be livign a good 70+ years. While most definitely you should jump on every opportunity you get to experience someplace or thing new, but it should never be done so carelessly.

You don't want to be 40, 50, 60 living with a failing liver or being morbidly obese, mouth full of fillings or a hole in your throat. We as humans are the only known creature capable of creating separate realities within our minds to plan for the future. This is something extremely valuable and should be taken advantage of no matter how much people seem to take it for granted.

Take care of your body for your body is your vessel which you pilot. It's where you as a conscious being will reside your entire life and which the condition of your physical body will effect the condition of your mind and well-being.

Be kind, generous and humble to every person and most especially treat EVERY human as an equal being, whether they're a different race, have physical disabilities or mental handicaps. Always try to smile and never take life too seriously. It's a basically game to enjoy and have fun, try your best to never let it get you down.

Nice post. icon14.gif

III H1TMaN III
  • III H1TMaN III

The Silent Assassin

• Members

Posted 25 August 2013 - 04:51 PM

QUOTE (JOSEPH X @ Sunday, Aug 25 2013, 03:46)
At least one time in your life, you should live outside of the system. By that I mean:

No money
No job
No social security
No income
No property
No debts

It would open your eyes to... (I won't spoil it for you, just do it and you'll see)

I had an idea like this.. Something like becoming a traveler.

Just with everything you own being on your back in a backpack. And go out and explore. Surviving will be hard as you need food water and shelter. And when you're sick you need medicine and stuff which without an insurance can be expensive as hell.

But I atleast want to do this sometime during my life. Even if I die after a few months I would've lived well I think. Experience other cultures, seeing the world, meet lots of people and help them in return for food and shelter.

ChopTheDog.
  • ChopTheDog.

War. War never changes.

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 August 2013 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE (MassacreGTA @ Sunday, Aug 25 2013, 09:01)
QUOTE (GrandMaster Smith @ Sunday, Aug 25 2013, 03:37)
Be kind, generous and humble to every person.

Nice post. icon14.gif

That's not always possible, there's an awful lot of stuck up c*nts about..
  • abccba123 likes this

LindaD
  • LindaD

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:54 AM

Taking care of loved ones..fulfilling responsibilities and enjoying the life to its fullest..

Vercetti27
  • Vercetti27

Staunton Faction

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:47 AM

QUOTE (Mike0 @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 22:32)
Also, isnt it annoying that you cant "pause" your body, so that you dont age. No matter what you do, you are one year older each year.

Go to space. Astronauts don't age in space.

Or narnia.

Melchior
  • Melchior

come on and tell me twice

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Unknown

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:57 AM

QUOTE (JOSEPH X @ Sunday, Aug 25 2013, 13:46)
It would open your eyes to...

Drugs? Because when I did that it only opened my eyes to drugs.

and the fact that life can be enjoyed with nothing to your name and nothing to do, and everything you have is just icing on an already tasty cake and that we should be thankful for every meal, loved one,shag and minute spent expanding our perspectives with books and the internet... but mostly drugs

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:32 AM

Top lel.

Yeah I think everyone should do what they want but my uncle is getting so fat, he should stop eating and my cousin keeps hanging around with stoners he shouldn't do it, and my girlfriend really has to stop cheating on me, and people need to stop eating meat.

Also people who do other things than me should just do what I do. Also smoking is bad don't do it, if you do you are stupid!

You only live once, don't ruin it by smoking/eating/drugs/prostituting your body/anything else that I don't like you to do.

Freedom!

GTAfear
  • GTAfear

Think of a yellow rubber duck!

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:16 PM

Ahhh, once again GrandMaster Smith shows why I love him! JOSEPH X is right too. The system is just... Holding us back, it's relative, it's useless.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users