Sony Apologizes For GTA 5 Leaks

413 replies to this topic
RedRobin
  • RedRobin

Forum Youtuber

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:50 AM

QUOTE (DeadZombie @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 03:43)

Lol!!!! So Funny tounge.gif

___
Sony Apologizes for GTA 5 LEAK: http://www.youtube.c...c99s04qO6kYNDNc

WhyYouMad?
  • WhyYouMad?

Nice!

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:56 AM

stupid sony

KennethMBB
  • KennethMBB

Loose as I made your mother last night

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:00 AM

Don't understand why everyone is so quick to blame Sony. As stated, the pre-load wouldn't have been released so quickly if there wasn't a give go ahead for it. Especially for how long it was up for, if it was an accident it would've been taken off in the next 30 minutes, not a day. Also it doesn't matter when the pre-load would have been released, because no matter what, the amount of time it took for stuff to be decrypted was only a couple days. This would've happened no matter what. Lets not forget that the game is gold already and soon to be sent to retailers. Its only a matter of a week or little more that someone will get their hands on it and make videos. What the heck matters what time leaks are leaked out? This leak will be no different from the gameplay that will be posted in a week from someone getting early access to that physical copy.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:01 AM

Think of it this way...Do you really think R* would give the OK to release the pre-load knowing the files weren't encrypted? Of course not.

Either someone at R* f*cked up, or SONY f*cked up, and it's a lot more logical to think SONY did, especially since pre-loads are supposed to happen a couple days - a week before release, not 3 weeks.

And guys, the pre-load was taken off within hours of it going live, not a day or multiple days. Don't know where you're getting that. Or maybe I just arrived at that pre-load topic late. I dunno, someone correct me if I'm wrong

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

Soothe us with sweet lies...

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:19 AM

QUOTE (Masterfocker @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 04:01)
Think of it this way...Do you really think R* would give the OK to release the pre-load knowing the files weren't encrypted? Of course not.

Either someone at R* f*cked up, or SONY f*cked up, and it's a lot more logical to think SONY did, especially since pre-loads are supposed to happen a couple days - a week before release, not 3 weeks.

And guys, the pre-load was taken off within hours of it going live, not a day or multiple days. Don't know where you're getting that. Or maybe I just arrived at that pre-load topic late. I dunno, someone correct me if I'm wrong

It was down within hours on the same day.

Also some of you guys are really f*cking stupid or you simply do not read/understand the process of pre-loading. There is a difference between R* giving Sony the pre-load files and the day the pre-load was MEANT to go up. FFS, don't you get it? The pre-load doesn't go up the moment R* gives Sony the files. Sony has to release it to the PUBLIC.

They were meant to get the files since the disc version is already in the process of being printed so no more change was going to be made to the game files.

There is a difference between WHEN it's given to Sony and WHEN it was meant to be put up for the public to download. The dates are not the same.

@Spider-Vice

Well there you go. The only files that weren't meant to be encrypted were not. So R* did it's job and Sony is at fault for releasing the pre-load when they weren't supposed to.

For those of you that still don't understand the difference between when Sony gets the game files and when Sony releases them to the public, go read my previous post before this one (not just mine, other peoples as well). If it's tl;dr then you shouldn't even be giving an opinion on things you cannot bother to try and understand.

sal7252
  • sal7252

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:22 AM

GTA preorders are up 30% on Xbox over PS3 despite R* advertising with PS3 & having the bundle..LOL.

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:24 AM

Not exposing myself to any spoilers! gonna play gtav with virign eyes

Johan
  • Johan

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:26 AM

Yeah a lot of the people in here don't even know how pre-load works. It's pretty funny to read. Before Sony can release the pre-load to the public (us) they first have to get it from R*. When they get it from R* it doesn't automatically go up for the public, Sony has to "unlock" it and put it up for the public to use. As Audiophile wrote and as was backed up by other users that actually pre-ordered the game off the EU store, the theme is in the download list but it is locked from download until September 13th. The same was probably to happen with the game: i.e. Sony obviously has the files because R* gave it to them but they were not supposed to release those files to the public when they did which is what caused the leak. How the majority of you do not understand that is beyond me. You think the moment Sony gets something from a dev it's automatically released for us? Top lol.

wild aminal it is
  • wild aminal it is

"Nice Marmot"

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:34 AM

Was there a set date in the contract between Sony and Rockstar that was the legit release date for pre-loads? If so, did Sony jump the gun? Rockstar still should have made extra sure the files could not be broken into (especially as easily as they appear to have been).

Either way, in "the pursuit of the almighty dollar", as Rockstar has stated about GTA5, they're still going to get paid. We're still going to get a great game. Just because some fans saw _____ and ______, and now know ______, the show's still going to go on.

3 more weeks... Bound to be more and more leaks......

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:03 AM

QUOTE (RichyB @ Sunday, Aug 25 2013, 18:33)
To be fair it's extremely easy to avoid leaks, even on the forum. Ever since the achievements dropped, I've only seen leaks I have actively searched for. I watched a couple of TV commercials and decided myself I didn't want to watch anymore and I haven't seen the sound track.

If you're retarded enough to click an outside link on the forum before reading the comments underneath then I'm afraid you screwed yourself over and you only have your curiosity to blame.

Also, I find it incredibly hard to believe that Sony made the game available without Rockstar's knowledge, if this was the case it would have been down within minutes, not days.

I know we're all fans of Rockstar but if they gave Sony the unencrypted files with the knowledge they were going live this early, they have to take the largest proportion of the blame.

Agreed. I've seen all of the leaks just now and they seem pretty damned near harmless. Most of the cars, guns, locations, and general content didn't even seem new. The new things I did notice were things we would expect anyway. People are making way too big of a deal out of this. In fact, I think it's kinda funny seeing the double standard around here for leaks. Back when the MP3 .ide files leaked and when other small leaks of images occurred, everyone welcomed them with open arms. Now everyone is acting like the game is ruined or something. I think most people are forgetting that the fun in GTA is from playing it and not just seeing it.

Blaherman
  • Blaherman

Thug

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:12 AM

QUOTE (sal7252 @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 04:22)
GTA preorders are up 30% on Xbox over PS3 despite R* advertising with PS3 & having the bundle..LOL.

In the states....

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:16 AM

QUOTE (sal7252 @ Sunday, Aug 25 2013, 23:22)

Yeah it's pretty sad isn't it lol. Hows that bribe working out for you, Sony?

Cyberzone2
  • Cyberzone2

Zee's assistant and Resident Troll

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:50 AM Edited by Cyberzone2, 26 August 2013 - 05:54 AM.

QUOTE (DaRkL3AD3R @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 05:16)
QUOTE (sal7252 @ Sunday, Aug 25 2013, 23:22)

Yeah it's pretty sad isn't it lol. Hows that bribe working out for you, Sony?

U guys are rediculous

The only reason why xbox got higher pre orders is because the pre order only took in US ,not the entire globe.Genius.

ucntkillwhatsdead
  • ucntkillwhatsdead

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:17 AM Edited by ucntkillwhatsdead, 26 August 2013 - 06:26 AM.

QUOTE (GiBBz @ Sunday, Aug 25 2013, 04:07)
QUOTE (ucntkillwhatsdead @ Sunday, Aug 25 2013, 02:27)
For the xbox fanboy, Shall I remind you that if SONY wasn't there in 1997, we would have NO GTA?
And remind yourselves who mr Gates is and how he started off the company!

ummmmmm no.

http://en.wikipedia....orth#Late_1980s

"In the interim, the company released (through the short-lived BMG Interactive label) Grand Theft Auto for the PC whilst neighbouring developer Visual Science converted the PlayStation version"

I probably should have said on console...mind you, i don't know if my first pc was good enough to run Gta

Also let's Take that poll in japan and let's see how many preorder the xbox have

LateNightNeons
  • LateNightNeons

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:50 AM

You have to put that into context. Xbox 360 has sold almost twice as much as PS3 in the US. Which pretty much means that people are switching to PS3.

MySummerJob
  • MySummerJob

?

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:52 PM

QUOTE (LateNightNeons @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 06:50)

You have to put that into context. Xbox 360 has sold almost twice as much as PS3 in the US. Which pretty much means that people are switching to PS3.

Yeah, I am one of those people who are switching to PS3.

Also a couple days ago (before I was even aware of this leak) changed my preorder at GS from 360 to PS3. Now I just need to get my hands on a PS3, and then I am set...

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:54 PM

Lmao, the stench of Microsoft fanboys here.

cough *Sal* cough - Retard of the year. That's in Murikaaaaaaa. Where Xbox users are proud to follow their crap American company Microsh*t in the same direction.

williamcampbell
  • williamcampbell

The trespasser of dimensions.

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:58 PM

LMAO, the stench of FANBOYS here. Period.

I hope someone with his/her head in place gets my point.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

Soothe us with sweet lies...

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:59 PM

QUOTE (williamcampbell @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 22:58)
LMAO, the stench of FANBOYS here. Period.

I hope someone with his/her head in place gets my point.

Yuuuuppp.

You have MS fanboys hating on Sony fanboys and each thinks the other is right.

Dat fanboys. lol.gif

But seriously though, those numbers are US only.

Dark Amun Re
  • Dark Amun Re

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:05 PM

Result should be no DLC´s for the PS 3!

ucntkillwhatsdead
  • ucntkillwhatsdead

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:14 AM

I really don't get what's in it for the xbox player to hope PS3 player don't get any dlc

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:45 AM

QUOTE (canttakemyid @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 05:03)
QUOTE (RichyB @ Sunday, Aug 25 2013, 18:33)
To be fair it's extremely easy to avoid leaks, even on the forum. Ever since the achievements dropped, I've only seen leaks I have actively searched for. I watched a couple of TV commercials and decided myself I didn't want to watch anymore and I haven't seen the sound track.

If you're retarded enough to click an outside link on the forum before reading the comments underneath then I'm afraid you screwed yourself over and you only have your curiosity to blame.

Also, I find it incredibly hard to believe that Sony made the game available without Rockstar's knowledge, if this was the case it would have been down within minutes, not days.

I know we're all fans of Rockstar but if they gave Sony the unencrypted files with the knowledge they were going live this early, they have to take the largest proportion of the blame.

Agreed. I've seen all of the leaks just now and they seem pretty damned near harmless. Most of the cars, guns, locations, and general content didn't even seem new. The new things I did notice were things we would expect anyway. People are making way too big of a deal out of this. In fact, I think it's kinda funny seeing the double standard around here for leaks. Back when the MP3 .ide files leaked and when other small leaks of images occurred, everyone welcomed them with open arms. Now everyone is acting like the game is ruined or something. I think most people are forgetting that the fun in GTA is from playing it and not just seeing it.

@ canttakemyid

People have complained about major story spoilers though, so stuff like that if true, cannot be dismissed as minor.

InScienceWeTrust2012
  • InScienceWeTrust2012

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:56 AM Edited by InScienceWeTrust2012, 27 August 2013 - 01:59 AM.

Shout to Sony for creating this situation. Now I know that edit: not spreading spoilers Don't click on that if you haven't stumbled upon that spoiler thread. f*cking c*nts.

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:02 AM

QUOTE (InScienceWeTrust2012 @ Tuesday, Aug 27 2013, 01:56)
Shout to Sony for creating this situation. Now I know that edit: not spreading spoilers Don't click on that if you haven't stumbled upon that spoiler thread. f*cking c*nts.

Rockstar are equally to blame too bro. Why the f**k would they allow Sony to even put up pre-order files up online with still 3 weeks to go until release date ? Rockstar were pretty stupid to do that in the first place.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users