• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1,114 replies to this topic
qweqwu
  • qweqwu

Shut up, kid.

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 August 2013 - 05:59 PM

QUOTE (Audiophile @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 17:58)
QUOTE (qweqwu @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 17:56)
QUOTE (Kirsty @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 17:52)
At the end of the day, we are honoring Rockstar's request to us for the sake of being respectful to their work and to the huge majority of the community. Yes there was a lot of people online, but not everyone wanted to be spoiled and some even entered it feeling as if they had no control. Why do we want to be responsible for this? As well as it essentially being hacked content because you're looking/listening at something you didn't pay for and that is unreleased.

I'm sure, for those that are complaining, they are other places you can discuss openly, but at the end of the day if we continued to allow it here then we risk losing the community.

By Monday, we will be at 3 weeks exactly. That's nothing compared to how long we've waited for this. GTA V will be an amazing game and you know deep down that knowing spoilers takes some of that spark away.

You are just kissing their ass.
They had no legal right to do anything to the owners of gtaforums, you could've just told them to shove their request.

Seems legit considering the content from the leak was obtained via getting into the game files which R* owns.

Also seems legit that the biggest GTA fan forum would in essence bite the hand that feeds them by telling R* to shove it.

I swear, I am almost hoping some of you find another forum so we don't have to see you here.

How in the hell is rockstar paying them? Does rockstar own this piece of sh*t forum?
Dumb kid.

SaintsRow3
  • SaintsRow3

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 06:00 PM

So Rockstar is paying the mods to take down threads about leaks on a forum they don't own?

PlatypusPedersen
  • PlatypusPedersen

Fluttershy is best pony

• Members

QUOTE (Audiophile @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 19:55)
QUOTE (PlatypusPedersen @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 17:54)
By the mods logic, you can might as well delete the mapping thread now - since it was "tainted" by the map outline from the achievements list. I'd call that a leak.
I hope they don't do it, but wanted to point out that there's probably >50 shady grey areas when it comes to this.

It's not solely the mod's logic here.

R* requested it to be taken down and they respected that.

I swear half of you people cannot read or comprehend what you read.

My point is still relevant, but ok, let me rephrase.

Since the mods bends over backwards to R* (which I don't have any thoughts on one way or another), they might as well delete the mapping thread because it is tainted by the map outline leak.

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• England

QUOTE (qweqwu @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 18:56)
They had no legal right to do anything to the owners of gtaforums, you could've just told them to shove their request.

They have every right when the content they own is being cracked and distributed to people before the release date who haven't even paid.

This isn't kissing ass, this is called respect.

Deal with it.

AleRostaGTA
  • AleRostaGTA

GTA GAMER!

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 06:01 PM

Great news... I was getting angry with myself for had clicked on that soundcloud url's.

Game512
  • Game512

Peon

• Members

QUOTE (wwinterj @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 17:42)
Thank you for the update but this will just make spoilers in the V section much more prominent. At least with the sub forum it contained most of it. The mods while doing a good job can be slow to act when spoilers present themselves so in short this place isn't as safe as it was before. I understand R* wanting damage control but as others have said it's to late. I just hope I don't run into any spoilers on this forum. I haven't yet and would like to keep it that way.  ph34r.gif

Not sure if this is possible from a technical point of view with this concrete forum, but it would be good to soften the blow and to allow users participate in moderation.

Let's say if 3-5 users click "report" on post/thread, this post/thread becomes invisible

qweqwu
  • qweqwu

Shut up, kid.

• Members
  • None

QUOTE (Kirsty @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 18:00)

They have every right when the content they own is being cracked and distributed to people before the release date who haven't even paid.

Deal with it.

Respct my ass, it's called kissing asses.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

Soothe us with sweet lies...

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

QUOTE (qweqwu @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 17:59)
QUOTE (Audiophile @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 17:58)
QUOTE (qweqwu @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 17:56)
QUOTE (Kirsty @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 17:52)
At the end of the day, we are honoring Rockstar's request to us for the sake of being respectful to their work and to the huge majority of the community. Yes there was a lot of people online, but not everyone wanted to be spoiled and some even entered it feeling as if they had no control. Why do we want to be responsible for this? As well as it essentially being hacked content because you're looking/listening at something you didn't pay for and that is unreleased.

I'm sure, for those that are complaining, they are other places you can discuss openly, but at the end of the day if we continued to allow it here then we risk losing the community.

By Monday, we will be at 3 weeks exactly. That's nothing compared to how long we've waited for this. GTA V will be an amazing game and you know deep down that knowing spoilers takes some of that spark away.

Seems legit considering the content from the leak was obtained via getting into the game files which R* owns.

Also seems legit that the biggest GTA fan forum would in essence bite the hand that feeds them by telling R* to shove it.

I swear, I am almost hoping some of you find another forum so we don't have to see you here.

How in the hell is rockstar paying them? Does rockstar own this piece of sh*t forum?
Dumb kid.

I never said they were paying them, you impatient child.

It's a phrase. This is a GTA forum....R* creates GTA....connect the dots. If they refuse R*'s request that effects their relationship.

I swear some of you are truly stupid. I have never seen the level of stupidity as I have seen here. If you are so impatient that you cannot wait 23 more days, get off the forum and go find a new one. Bitching here isn't going to do anything.

sasuke78200
  • sasuke78200

Time moves forward and nothing change

• Members

That's nice I can now read this forum without the fear to be spoiled !

TaviColen123
  • TaviColen123

Trollhater

• Members
  • Romania

QUOTE (Drewie @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 17:54)
They didn't care about the xbox achievements being leaked tho lol

That happens with almost every game .

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City

Posted 24 August 2013 - 06:01 PM Edited by Raavi, 24 August 2013 - 06:04 PM.

The existence of GTA is the very reason this forum is even here. See it as a singer requesting a fan forum to delete leaked lyrics.

qweqwu
  • qweqwu

Shut up, kid.

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 August 2013 - 06:04 PM

QUOTE (Audiophile @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 18:01)
[QUOTE=Audiophile,Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 17:58]

It's a phrase. This is a GTA forum....R* creates GTA....connect the dots. If they refuse R*'s request that effects their relationship.

I swear some of you are truly stupid. I have never seen the level of stupidity as I have seen here. If you are so impatient that you cannot wait 23 more days, get off the forum and go find a new one. Bitching here isn't going to do anything.

Listen, you idiot.

"It's a phrase. This is a GTA forum....R* creates GTA....connect the dots. If they refuse R*'s request that effects their relationship."

What relationship you imbecile, rockstar doesn't own this site, they don't give anything to rockstar, so, instead of removing our freedom, and losing members, they could've just told rockstar to go f*ck themselves.

Bomberlegend
  • Bomberlegend

Seeing through the bullsh*t

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 06:04 PM

I don't see how the music is to due with any spoliers. It gives no real storyline away.

Everything else I agree with.

Darkrebirth
  • Darkrebirth

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/grand_theft_auto_v

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 August 2013 - 06:05 PM

QUOTE (Kevsta26 @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 12:55)
Rockstar likely did this because reviewers are now receiving their copies and posting the intro online because that's all they can show without the video being removed

A reviewer posted the entire intro online? Is this true?

ArcherTheGreat
  • ArcherTheGreat

Master Chief's Backseat Driver

• Members

Yeah mate, I've ruined the game for myself quite heavily... I think it's for our own good that we wait for the game so we can get the most out of our preorders.

Also, deleted my audio_radio mp3. That's my dedication to your cause. Keep kicking smile.gif

RonDutch
  • RonDutch

Anarchy 99 Holland @SocialClub

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 06:05 PM Edited by RonDutch, 24 August 2013 - 06:08 PM.

QUOTE (Kirsty @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 18:00)

Deal with it.

Yes, dont wont big daddy rockstar being mad at cha.

Drewie
  • Drewie

Player Hater

• Members

QUOTE (TaviColen123 @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 18:01)
QUOTE (Drewie @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 17:54)
They didn't care about the xbox achievements being leaked tho lol

That happens with almost every game .

Still think they would care about it being out there tho.

AceHigh11
  • AceHigh11

Homie

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 06:06 PM

QUOTE (Kirsty @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 20:00)

Deal with it.

Well said.

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• England

QUOTE (qweqwu @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 19:04)
What relationship you imbecile, rockstar doesn't own this site, they don't give anything to rockstar, so, instead of removing our freedom, and losing members, they could've just told rockstar to go f*ck themselves.

We would have lost a lot more if we didn't honour their request...

Kindly rest your case, your overreaction is not helping anyone, there are sources elsewhere if you can't wait like everyone else can.

TaviColen123
  • TaviColen123

Trollhater

• Members
  • Romania

QUOTE (qweqwu @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 18:04)
[QUOTE=Audiophile,Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 18:01] [QUOTE=Audiophile,Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 17:58]

I swear some of you are truly stupid. I have never seen the level of stupidity as I have seen here. If you are so impatient that you cannot wait 23 more days, get off the forum and go find a new one. Bitching here isn't going to do anything. [/QUOTE]
Listen, you idiot.

"It's a phrase. This is a GTA forum....R* creates GTA....connect the dots. If they refuse R*'s request that effects their relationship."

Shut up you c*nt, go on another site if you want to see the leaks so bad !

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

Soothe us with sweet lies...

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Listen, you idiot.

I never said R* owned the site. They do have a relationship with R*, the admins get invited to R*'s pre-release events, I do believe. That's one aspect of it.

Keep getting mad. Maybe if you get mad enough they will magically open the spoiler sub-section again and tell R* to shove it.

You are calling me a child and an idiot yet you fail to grasp basic concepts and are in here spouting off like the impatient child that you are. BOO HOO they took down the leaks. :`(

Seriously, go find another GTA site.

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Big Homie

• Members

QUOTE (Bomberlegend @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 14:04)
I don't see how the music is to due with any spoliers. It gives no real storyline away.

the thing is its not JUST music. Cut scene dialog and story has leaked

Patriot_Action
  • Patriot_Action

Upstanding Citizen

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 06:07 PM Edited by Patriot_Action, 24 August 2013 - 06:09 PM.

Guess that whole Spoiler section experiment didn't work out then.

At least now we won't have mods selectively editing/deleting "leak" posts.

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 August 2013 - 06:08 PM

Thank you, staff! Fortunately I was only exposed to one spoiler. Nothing really that big, but I still would have liked to not know about it.

Never understood why people like spoilers anyway. It just ruins it for you.

Darrel
  • Darrel

Reported!

• Members

Rockstar several times have arranged all expense paid trips to new york for the admins here to preview their games.

It's not about kissing their ass. They forum is a friend of the rockstar company. Mutual respect for another.

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

QUOTE (Iago123 @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 22:51)
QUOTE (nigelhere9901 @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 17:48)
QUOTE (qweqwu @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 22:44)
QUOTE (haarp @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 17:44)
Wow this sucks, is there a decent forum elsewhere which we can discuss things freely?

This.

This.

Go to 4chan than if you want to listen to 100+ hours of cutscene audio like a obsessed nerd.

Still upset over that separation? Sad.

LeetSniperWolf
  • LeetSniperWolf

Snitch

• Members

QUOTE (Bomberlegend @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 18:04)

There may be some spoilers, if you are the one that are going by over ~100 hour audio to find all the songs from radio stations.

And quick question to mods, is "Spoiler Discussion via PM" are not allowed as well? Because I have found out the REAL and legit theme for GTA V... ph34r.gif moto_whistle.gif inlove.gif inlove.gif inlove.gif

qweqwu
  • qweqwu

Shut up, kid.

• Members
  • None

QUOTE (Kirsty @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 18:06)
We would have lost a lot more if we didn't honour their request...

I understand now, they are "contributing" to your site, that's all I needed to know.
Wouldn't want to upset the big boss, right kirsty?.....

That's too bad, I thought this is a free speech forum.

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 06:09 PM Edited by wwinterj, 24 August 2013 - 06:14 PM.

QUOTE (Game512 @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 19:01)
Not sure if this is possible from a technical point of view with this concrete forum, but it would be good to soften the blow and to allow users participate in moderation.

Let's say if 3-5 users click "report" on post/thread, this post/thread becomes invisible

Not a bad idea. icon14.gif
Don't see it happening though. This forum as of late seems to be more bothered about flexing mod authority and making things worse. Then helping the community and making things better. I suppose running into spoilers is a risk we all take by been here so partly our own fault but things like this don't help matters. I do understand the reasoning though and respect the admins/mods respecting R* wishes. I just wish to see better changes then bad decisions.

Ragref
  • Ragref

Fighting terror!

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 06:10 PM

Well, we already got all the spoilers squeezed out of the audio files. so this was an good decision.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users