• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1,114 replies to this topic
Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:04 PM

What I fail to understand is WHY did they decide to release this game on a Tuesday????

As far as I'm aware, the financial week starts on Tuesday, so it only does make sense that the game releases on a Tuesday.

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:52 AM

What I fail to understand is WHY did they decide to release this game on a Tuesday????

As far as I'm aware, the financial week starts on Tuesday, so it only does make sense that the game releases on a Tuesday.

Music/video/game products typically launch on Tuesdays in the U.S. That allows Monday for product to arrive and/or be set up in stores for midnight launches.

The__Phoenix
  • The__Phoenix

aka bud23

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:08 AM Edited by bud23, 16 September 2013 - 11:08 AM.

Why not today so folk get the weekend to enjoy it.

Has the 17th got some financial implications for R* associated with it? say their tax returns, quarterly profit margins etc.

Friday 13th would have made sense too, but the belief that Friday 13th is an unlucky day is one of the most widely know superstitions in Britain, and in the States, there is no 13th floor on many skyscrapers and apartments. I´m not saying this is the cause to release the game a Tuesday 17th, but it´s something to think about. I´m not even kidding. lol

Yeah, I won´t pre order a game online again, never ever. I´m going mad here, trying to avoid the Internet and its f*cking spoilers. But it´s hard. I´m agonizing.  f*ck this sh*t.

urbanfire
  • urbanfire

Ze Fire of da City

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:44 PM

So err... are we going to unpin this topic? GTA V is officially released in NZ and will be in an hour in Australia too :D

PETER727727
  • PETER727727

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:05 PM

yep i totally support this

Hi folks,

Rockstar have asked us to keep the forums clear of leaks and spoilers.

Out of respect for the work they've poured into GTA V, and respect for users who don't want the storyline to be ruined for them (and lordy there are a lot of ya), we'll be honouring this request.

i know it is a tall order and request that wont happen but can the xbox and ps3 community please respect the pc gamer and also not leak any story lines for at least 12 mounths incase rockstar realise a pc version as i dont wont the game spoiled for me like it was with IV and if anyone leaks any game play story line etc they should be auto banned from the site 1 rule should apply to all

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users