• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1,114 replies to this topic
Waddy
  • Waddy

Gods foster son.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:32 AM

I am unsure as to some people have seen the spoiler videos. They obviously cannot read or they would have reads this. Hmmmm

• M4RK likes this

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:01 PM

Is there an option to perma ban these guys now? I support it.

Lawking10
  • Lawking10

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:07 PM

This. It's unfair on people who don't want their first time experiences ruined.

LadyFondou
  • LadyFondou

High-Life

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:16 PM

This is BS. We should be able to post whatever the hell we want.

This is literally the ONLY forum that takes it uo the a*s when a leak comes out.

Also the only one that deletes threads and leaks like a child.

You've been a member 3 weeks. Leave. No one will miss you.

Really? F*ck you random Internet tough guy.

I've watched more than I have contributed because of fa**ots like you.

If you honestly think because you've used the forum more, people will 'miss' you?

K

ramtastic
  • ramtastic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:32 PM

To be honest, stopping leaks appearing is going to be like bailing out the Titanic with a thimble. I understand that R* have requested and many people agree that showing/linking spoilers shouldn't happen, but the mods are in for a weekend of locking ,deleting and banning 24/7 to combat it. 

The point of these forums is to speculate and anticipate the game, get hyped up with other fans of the series and generally chat about what you're expecting. Some of those same people are equally hyped about what's been revealed in the leaks, so why not allow them to discuss leaked content in a controlled way (ie. seperate sub category with no links/images). As it stands, it seems that even discussing the implications of a revelation are worthy of a thread lock/delete, and classic threads like Mapping Los Santos has become tarnished with people trying to spoil. 

I'm all for keeping the game a surprise for those that wish it, but surely a compromise could be made for those that wish to discuss what we've learned from the leaks?

Zinthaniel
  • Zinthaniel

Master Debater

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:49 PM

To be honest, stopping leaks appearing is going to be like bailing out the Titanic with a thimble. I understand that R* have requested and many people agree that showing/linking spoilers shouldn't happen, but the mods are in for a weekend of locking ,deleting and banning 24/7 to combat it. 

The point of these forums is to speculate and anticipate the game, get hyped up with other fans of the series and generally chat about what you're expecting. Some of those same people are equally hyped about what's been revealed in the leaks, so why not allow them to discuss leaked content in a controlled way (ie. seperate sub category with no links/images). As it stands, it seems that even discussing the implications of a revelation are worthy of a thread lock/delete, and classic threads like Mapping Los Santos has become tarnished with people trying to spoil. 

I'm all for keeping the game a surprise for those that wish it, but surely a compromise could be made for those that wish to discuss what we've learned from the leaks

You and many others don't seem to understand. It's not a option for the mods or the web master of this site. It's not a negation. The footage being leaked is not being done so legally, hence why it being called a leak. 

Rockstar has requested for this site to not facilitate leaks. If this site does not oblige to that request then rockstar has every right to press charges. If the mods actively refuse to do so this site becomes just as guilty as the parties who are doing the leaking. 

That just how the legalities of it work. The site that leaked the commercials first no longer has them up, in their place the site posted a update stating that Rockstar threatened them with charges if the videos where not removed. Simple as that. 

• Matty likes this

ramtastic
  • ramtastic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:57 PM Edited by ramtastic, 13 September 2013 - 01:58 PM.

I'm all for keeping the game a surprise for those that wish it, but surely a compromise could be made for those that wish to discuss what we've learned from the leaks

You and many others don't seem to understand. It's not a option for the mods or the web master of this site. It's not a negation. The footage being leaked is not being done so legally, hence why it being called a leak. 

Rockstar has requested for this site to not facilitate leaks. If this site does not oblige to that request then rockstar has every right to press charges. If the mods actively refuse to do so this site becomes just as guilty as the parties who are doing the leaking. 

That just how the legalities of it work. The site that leaked the commercials first no longer has them up, in their place the site posted a update stating that Rockstar threatened them with charges if the videos where not removed. Simple as that. 

I'd say that it was you that didn't understand my point - the legalities are not in question, but there is no way R* can forbid people talking about it. By taking the current approach, more leaks are appearing than need to, and certainly more people who don't want to see said leaks are being exposed to them. 

If it were possible for people to talk about it in a controlled way (even with linking & imaging disabled) anyone who posted a leak  could be insta-banned, and new members forbidden from posting for the duration of the weekend.  There are many ways to handle it, but changing nothing and running round with a sweeping brush doesn't seem to be the best way for any concerned party. 

Ultimately, aside from all the legal issues, if you want to avoid GTA leaks this weekend, the internet, and GTA forums is prolly the last place you'd want to be anyway. 

darkbart
  • darkbart

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 02:10 PM

What I fail to understand is WHY did they decide to release this game on a Tuesday????

Why not today so folk get the weekend to enjoy it.

Has the 17th got some financial implications for R* associated with it? say their tax returns, quarterly profit margins etc.

T.P.E
  • T.P.E

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 02:30 PM

can i just say allthough i appreciate how hard it must be policing this site the mods could do with a kick up the arse cos since yesterday i have been spoiled more than Paris :sui:

• UltraGizmo64 likes this

Zinthaniel
  • Zinthaniel

Master Debater

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 02:50 PM Edited by Zinthaniel, 13 September 2013 - 02:50 PM.

I'd say that it was you that didn't understand my point - the legalities are not in question, but there is no way R* can forbid people talking about it. By taking the current approach, more leaks are appearing than need to, and certainly more people who don't want to see said leaks are being exposed to them. 

If it were possible for people to talk about it in a controlled way (even with linking & imaging disabled) anyone who posted a leak  could be insta-banned, and new members forbidden from posting for the duration of the weekend.  There are many ways to handle it, but changing nothing and running round with a sweeping brush doesn't seem to be the best way for any concerned party. 

Ultimately, aside from all the legal issues, if you want to avoid GTA leaks this weekend, the internet, and GTA forums is prolly the last place you'd want to be anyway. 

Ok I did misunderstand you. i was under the impression that you where suggesting the forum should have a section where leaks could be posted and then discussed.

I do agree that not even being allowed to talk about the leaks is a bit strange.

rosy522
  • rosy522

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:11 PM

I love GTA to death, but it's a f*cking GAME. You're not a 17 year old girl at prom.

• Edward-Is-A-Flunky45 likes this

ramtastic
  • ramtastic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:40 PM

Ok I did misunderstand you. i was under the impression that you where suggesting the forum should have a section where leaks could be posted and then discussed.

I do agree that not even being allowed to talk about the leaks is a bit strange.

I think we have the same opinion. Leakers are on the whole nothing more than selfish attention seekers who want kudos and followers - I can't imagine they do it for the "freedom of information" :D

But, on the flip side, if you've seen any of the leaks, it'd be cool to discus the implications et al with others. 

GTA4L1fe
  • GTA4L1fe

Outlaws till the end

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:17 PM

Would just like to inform you guys that story spoiler cutscenes are out there. Watch out! Just a few more days guys and we're there :)

GSi
  • GSi

R3B3L

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:53 PM

I noticed there's is a lot of things that shouldn't be on here, Bit Dissapointing really.

rosy522
  • rosy522

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:01 PM

GTA I-IV>Saint's Row 3>Superman 64>Dragonborn DLC Skyrim>GTA V>Steak

GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY
  • GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY

I'm a little scared of being a slut.

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:09 PM Edited by GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY, 13 September 2013 - 09:11 PM.

Mods' logic: I'll just press a button to delete threads, and my job here is done. No bans, no enforcing the no spoiler rule, etc. Nope!
During the easily controllable days, they think they're big sh*t because of a little internet title. During the rough days, they abandon ship. I haven't heard a single word from any of them in about a week. I guess they're too busy pressing buttons to delete threads and pumping it up as if it's hard physical labor. I'll probably get banned for saying it, but oh well. I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one leaving Tuesday.

smokey__
  • smokey__

High Hopes

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:07 PM

Well they are doing a great job at ensuring there is no leaks...  Why not close the V section till after the 17th.  This forum has turned into madness.  Rockstar must be like WTF

Edward-Is-A-Flunky45
  • Edward-Is-A-Flunky45

Frazy as Cruck

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:01 AM

I love GTA to death, but it's a f*cking GAME. You're not a 17 year old girl at prom.

This, Also, you're in a forum that shows latest GTA news, if you don't want to see it, get the f*ck out of here, It's the best way to make this forum better.

sdavy2722
  • sdavy2722

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:57 AM

i just want to fly a blimp

ToriksLV
  • ToriksLV

PC gamer. GTA fanboy. Compton Warriors clan member. GTA V speedr

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:51 AM

This sucks, i wont be able to play untill 20th september :/

gtafanny
  • gtafanny

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:40 PM Edited by gtafanny, 14 September 2013 - 01:41 PM.

the thing is, if many people are doing it, whether or not it is practical to enforce the law becomes a grey area. you cant ban half the forum members for wanting to discuss leaks. its in their human nature. 

there are some streamers who dont reveal story spoilers though. more importantly, some folks around the world already got their copy of GTA V legitimately, eg from amazon and even a 11 year old got his copy.

INEEDVNOW
  • INEEDVNOW

Homie

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:24 PM

^ True that.

Besides they lost half of their users to Reddit anyway.

A site where discussing/posting leaks was allowed so who blames them for not using GTA Forums at such an exciting time.

mister3train
  • mister3train

Bigshot

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:36 PM

Reddit is openly allowing leaks and there's a subreddit specifically for leaks. If R* wanted to sue them, it would have been done already. I'm sure they've gotten emails from R* just like gtanet requesting that there be no leaks, and those requests are obviously being ignored over there and they aren't in any sh*t at all.

Lopro4u2c
  • Lopro4u2c

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:20 PM

R* should sue/shut down GameAnyone for allowing them to post up a walkthrough of the game.

JohnnyBNL
  • JohnnyBNL

Flying Dutch Man

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:49 PM

Good to hear this! 

voyager
  • voyager

5 Bonus Goblins!

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:00 PM

all you people pirating the game before release and parading your spoilers around the intra-webz like it makes you special are douche bags of the lowest order. 

i swore this place off weeks ago, wary of spoilers, and now i see i shouldn't have bothered coming back today. 

mods, i love you. you are approaching this thankless, unpaid job with honor. 

to you children pissed about a spoiler / leak policy on a forum you pay zero $$$ to use, feck off. you're worthless. complaining about a game you stole and spoiling it for people who legitimately help pay for it's production? you think that makes you cool? pfff. it makes you a fecking nuisance. 

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:46 PM Edited by StingrayX, 15 September 2013 - 07:04 PM.

I think the V section should be binned until V releases. It's getting messy around here and almost every thread contains spoilers now.

thivakar
  • thivakar

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:35 PM

Too many dumb ass, attention sluts are making threads and giving it a name which reveals the spoiler. Like wtf ? 

totalbender
  • totalbender

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:28 PM

this aint exactly working out is it :miranda:

hexagramme
  • hexagramme

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:02 PM

The mods are doing a piss poor job keeping this place spoiler free, IMHO.

And those idiots who pirate the game and blurt out all details days before release... f*ck off.  Just f*ck off.

I've had it. This forum is the joke of the internet.

So. Long. Enjoy V.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users