GTA 5 - PAL 50hz

26 replies to this topic
Mistress
  • Mistress

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:54 AM

Hello dear friends of Grand Theft Auto,

i'm about to pre order GTA 5 from my local store but since i moved out a few weeks ago, i only have an old 50hz TV in my new apartment. Are there any infos released about the new GTA running on 50hz TV's? I already got problems with Bioshock Infinite not running on my TV but GTA 4 works just fine.

Would be nice if someone can answer my question, have a nice day and sorry for my english smile.gif
~Mistress

Simon_V
  • Simon_V

Red Dead Undead

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:04 AM

probably not

Memphys
  • Memphys

Did I ever tell you about Trevor?

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:05 AM

GTA IV was playable on 50Hz. RDR wasn't. So I think V will not be.

MATTZ A BOSS
  • MATTZ A BOSS

GTA V!

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:39 AM

Sorry but i dont think it will

tenpennyisplainevil
  • tenpennyisplainevil

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:41 AM

It will probably look bad because the screen isn't wide enough

Mistress
  • Mistress

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:59 AM

Okay thank you for the answers. smile.gif

Looks like i need to wait until it get's released or find another solution. Maybe i will connect my XBox to my PC Monitor, but then i have no idea how to get the ingame sounds, since my monitor doesn't have built-in speakers.

hunk41
  • hunk41

Made Man

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 August 2013 - 12:08 PM

look up for guides (yes you can you just need some cash )

Trund
  • Trund

I'm all of ach fo her

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 12:37 PM

QUOTE (Mistress @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 13:59)

Looks like i need to wait until it get's released or find another solution. Maybe i will connect my XBox to my PC Monitor, but then i have no idea how to get the ingame sounds, since my monitor doesn't have built-in speakers.

I don't know how it works on the Xbox 360 to be honest, because on the PS3 you can output video through HDMI and audio through composite if you wish, so you can use HDMI for a PC Monitor and Composite for Audio to hook-up stereo boxes. But from what I can find the Xbox doesn't allow you to do that.

Best solution would probably be to buy an HDMI Audio Extractor, that way you can use HDMI for your Monitor (with a DVI adapter if it doesn't have HDMI-in) and Composite for additional speakers.

There's also this: http://www.amazon.co...54998106&sr=8-2

But I don't know if that works though, from what I can find it should and is probably the cheaper solution.

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 01:28 PM

QUOTE (Mistress @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 10:54)

i'm about to pre order GTA 5 from my local store but since i moved out a few weeks ago, i only have an old 50hz TV in my new apartment. Are there any infos released about the new GTA running on 50hz TV's? I already got problems with Bioshock Infinite not running on my TV but GTA 4 works just fine.

Would be nice if someone can answer my question, have a nice day and sorry for my english smile.gif
~Mistress

HD TVs have been out for a long time now. I'm not sure what your financial situation is now, but I do know that you should have upgraded a long time ago.

Anyway small-screen HD TVs are very cheap now brand new, buy one second if you have to for an even cheaper price.

Its Mr. V
  • Its Mr. V

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 01:28 PM

If you have an Xbox 360 simply use this and it should work fine.

http://www.amazon.co...x 360 vga cable

Mistress
  • Mistress

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 02:02 PM Edited by Mistress, 24 August 2013 - 02:33 PM.

QUOTE (Official General @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 13:28)

~Mistress

HD TVs have been out for a long time now. I'm not sure what your financial situation is now, but I do know that you should have upgraded a long time ago.

Anyway small-screen HD TVs are very cheap now brand new, buy one second if you have to for an even cheaper price.

Yes i know... I shared the HD TV with my parents but as i already said in my start post, i just moved out in my own apartment like 2 weeks ago. Needed to spend all my money on furniture and since i've never been much as a TV addict, i just like adopted the old tube television we still had in our loft. Now im pretty broke, need like 2 months or something to recover and have some money saved again to get me a new television so i just need a temporary solution now.

I'm thinking about getting me an headset converter and then just play with my regular earphones for 1 or 2 months, since they have a pretty good sound. Hopefully it will work out well, the amazon reviews are mostly positive atleast. http://www.amazon.co...adset converter

Second solution im thinking about would be the one from 'Trund' (thanks for the answer smile.gif )

Trund
  • Trund

I'm all of ach fo her

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 02:11 PM

QUOTE (Its Mr. V @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 15:28)
If you have an Xbox 360 simply use this and it should work fine.

http://www.amazon.co...x 360 vga cable

Yes that seems like the best solution!

But it'll most likely still require a VGA to DVI converter (depending on the screen), and eventually additional adapters like this here http://www.amazon.co...ref=pd_sim_vg_4, then you could plug in earphones, speakers etc. everything that uses a 3,5mm stereo jack.

dorcy
  • dorcy

"Alright, let's get straight to the biscuits."

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 02:26 PM

~Mistress

well OG penis augmentation surgery is a big step and a painful one too. you're right though it most likely will improve your confidence and quality of life.

y'know, seeing as we're answering questions that haven't been asked.

OT @OP it won't run on your TV have you considered using your PC monitor (via adapter lead if not HDMI equipped)

EDIT yeah what TRUND said.

Mistress
  • Mistress

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 02:37 PM

My monitor supports HDMI and my xbox 360 aswell (its the new slim version). So, all i need is basicly just an HDMI cable and an adapter for the audio cables or headphones, right? biggrin.gif

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 02:37 PM

QUOTE (dorcy @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 14:26)

~Mistress

well OG penis augmentation surgery is a big step and a painful one too. you're right though it most likely will improve your confidence and quality of life.

y'know, seeing as we're answering questions that haven't been asked.

OT @OP it won't run on your TV have you considered using your PC monitor (via adapter lead if not HDMI equipped)

EDIT yeah what TRUND said.

Thanks for your information, but I don't need penis argumentation cool.gif

Maybe you need it, but I don't. I think you do, since you know so much about it.

And what's with the penis comparisons from guys on this site ? I'm willing to bet guys like you have penis size issues, since you randomly bring the subject up, there really is no need for it. I just don't get it, I'm talking about television for GTA V and you wanna talk about penis size ?

Bro, take that sh*t somewhere else.

@ Mistress

I hear you. I say try and get a second hand HD TV, an older model, look hard and you can find real bargains.

EDIT: Yeah if your monitor has HD capability then you are sorted !

Trund
  • Trund

I'm all of ach fo her

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:01 PM

QUOTE (Mistress @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 16:37)
My monitor supports HDMI and my xbox 360 aswell (its the new slim version). So, all i need is basicly just an HDMI cable and an adapter for the audio cables or headphones, right? biggrin.gif

The problem is that you can't output two different signals at the same time on the Xbox 360, so if you have HDMI it will output video+audio through that, the problem is that your monitor doesn't have speakers so only the video signal is usable. You'd need to buy an HDMI Audio extractor module in that case to extract the audio signal out of the HDMI transmission, but that solution is the most expensive one.

Does your Monitor only have HDMI or does it also have DVI? That would make things less complicated again, because in that case you can get the cable mentioned earlier with the VGA Out and then buy a VGA to DVI adapter.

Mistress
  • Mistress

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:25 PM

QUOTE (Trund @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 16:01)

The problem is that you can't output two different signals at the same time on the Xbox 360, so if you have HDMI it will output video+audio through that, the problem is that your monitor doesn't have speakers so only the video signal is usable. You'd need to buy an HDMI Audio extractor module in that case to extract the audio signal out of the HDMI transmission, but that solution is the most expensive one.

Does your Monitor only have HDMI or does it also have DVI? That would make things less complicated again, because in that case you can get the cable mentioned earlier with the VGA Out and then buy a VGA to DVI adapter.

Oh, i understand.. As far as i know my monitor does support all of the current display ports. VGA, DVI and HDMI.
Its this one: http://www.amazon.co...ds=benq rl2240h

R201
  • R201

(" ͜ʖ ͡)

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:28 PM

QUOTE (Memphys @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 11:05)

I have played rdr on a 50hz model confused.gif

gtaftw69
  • gtaftw69

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:35 PM

The console should downgrade the textures on the fly so 50hz should work right?? Seeing as it upgrades som graphics to run on higher resolutions, running lower must be an option right???

I could be totally wrong but that's my understanding!

Trund
  • Trund

I'm all of ach fo her

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:40 PM

QUOTE (Mistress @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 18:25)

Oh, i understand.. As far as i know my monitor does support all of the current display ports. VGA, DVI and HDMI.

Interesting. It seems like the monitor has a headphone jack, that makes things much easier. You can just plug in the HDMI cable and then use the headphone jack to plug in earphones, headphones or external speakers, why didn't you say that earlier? tounge.gif

girothefiro
  • girothefiro

O.G.

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:42 PM

What's the issue? Surely you just use composite cables and you are sorted. Albeit with sh*tty PQ but that's expected.

rubix99
  • rubix99

Playa

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:56 PM

QUOTE (R201 @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 16:28)
QUOTE (Memphys @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 11:05)

I have played rdr on a 50hz model confused.gif

You are right. Red Dead Redemption CAN be played in 50hz mode on the Xbox 360.....I know that for absolute fact, having just tested it. GTAIV and its DLCs are also playable in 50hz mode.

Mistress
  • Mistress

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 05:21 PM

QUOTE (Trund @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 16:40)
QUOTE (Mistress @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 18:25)

Interesting. It seems like the monitor has a headphone jack, that makes things much easier. You can just plug in the HDMI cable and then use the headphone jack to plug in earphones, headphones or external speakers, why didn't you say that earlier? tounge.gif

Holy..... I feel quite embarrassed now biggrin.gif Didn't even notice that before, just plugged out all my monitor cables and checked the backside and yep... there it is. smile.gif Looks like i got lucky with that, will pre order the game now and purchase an HDMI cable on amazon.

Thanks to all of you who replied and helping me out. smile.gif Great forum!

SexyGuy
  • SexyGuy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 05:23 PM

My tv has a refresh rate of 400Hz and i don't see much difference between it and my pc monitor 60Hz :c

Mistress
  • Mistress

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:47 AM

Since some people already have a copy of the game, it would be nice if you can check it for me :)  So, is the game playable on PAL 50 ? Im talking about the xbox 360 version.

dbwesz
  • dbwesz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:15 AM Edited by dbwesz, 16 September 2013 - 07:17 AM.

Are there people playing with a samsung 55" tv ?? Ive one but my question ist do you guys play with gamemode turned on or not in the menu ?? Mine is an UE55S6510

UltimateVenom
  • UltimateVenom

We are Vemon!

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:20 AM

headphones?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users