Photo

Game can't handle destruction of Cesar's car

7 replies to this topic
OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 August 2013 - 05:24 AM Edited by OG Viking, 26 August 2013 - 05:44 PM.

I am unsure if this is the best place to post this, I have also considered Troubleshooting and Gameplay, but because some tricks are involved I landed in Cheats & Tricks.

Version 1 for PS2.
No mods were used, only one cheat was used to spawn a Rhino before this happened.

In the mission High Stakes, Low Rider, the cars to your opponents are proofed, and most of the drivers are immune to damage as well. But with tricks (not cheats) you can destroy them all, and when I destroyed Cesar's car the screen went black and the game started to read from disc non-stop. But nothing more happened and I turned it off after a few minutes. It's the first time I can recall that a game freezes with constant disc reading.

The rival cars and their properties, front row first, left to right:

1) Remington, white: Proofing not mentioned in System Error's guide, but it is BP/FP/EP/CP/MP. Is glued to the street. Driver is BP/FP/EP/CP/MP and immune against Tear Gas and gas canisters.
2) Majestic, yellow: BP/FP/EP/CP/MP, glued to the street. Driver is BP/FP/EP/CP/MP and immune against Tear Gas and gas canisters.

3) Blade, random color: BP/FP/EP/CP/MP, glued to the street. Driver is immune against Tear Gas, but NOT gas canisters or anything else.
4) Majestic, turquoise: BP/FP/EP/CP/MP, glued to the street. Driver is BP/FP/EP/CP/MP and immune against Tear Gas and gas canisters.

6) Cesar's Savanna: BP/FP/EP/CP/MP, not glued to the street but is very heavy. Cesar & Kendl are immune against Tear Gas, other immunities untested.

I used the Parachute trick to destroy the first four cars, after the cars were destroyed I had to use the same trick in order to kill the drivers, except the Blade driver that was vulnerable to headshot.

I pushed Cesar's Savanna down the flood trench, it was a bit heavy for a Firetruck so I spawned a Rhino to speed it up. The Savanna landed up side down, two people climbed out, and when the explosion was about to begin the screen went black. I did not expect this, I thought maybe the mission would fail or pass.

I can't be the first to experience this but I find no mentioning of this glitch anywhere.

I have edited the proofings info above.

Frenzzy
  • Frenzzy

Sweep 'em all!

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 August 2013 - 05:37 AM

This also happens on the PC version. I tried destroying Cesar's car with parachute but the screen went black and froze. And yes, Cesar and Kendl are immune.

And one more thing, flipped cars don't catch fire if they are moving fast enough. I used this exploit to push Cesar's flipped Savanna to Santa Maria garage by pushing it down the bridge and through the slope.

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 August 2013 - 01:09 PM

Assuming I understand you correctly, just finish the race normally, wait for Cesar to arrive, activate the "bounty on your head" cheat, and swipe the Savannah when Cesar exits to go after you.

Aintgottime2bleed
  • Aintgottime2bleed

to weird to live to rare to die

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 01:15 PM

Ah i never tried that but i knew the drivers and passengers are like invincible and the cars stick to the ground like glue but if im right u can push the car thats on last position in the start line, start mission and drive as fast as possible ( the guy u started mission at drives behind you ) to the start ( of race ) u see atleast 1 car the other cars are around corner. Drive as fast as possible and aim/drive to that car u can see and bail out, now u car u jumped out crashes in the other racer his car and it will move ( not sticked to ground ). Now im not 100% sure that car normal is sticked to ground but i think so cuz all other racers cars are. Im playing ps3 version ill try destroy his car and see if its patched or freezes too i also try make the cars unstickable by crashing in and see if that really works. Ill try soon if i done ill post what happend on PS3 version. Offtopic at Zero on the little plane mission ( i think supply lines ) enable the cheat :peds come after you and the game have very hard times like playing it on pentium 1 windows95.

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 24 August 2013 - 01:15 PM

^Normally, I just finish the race like normal but shortly before the finish I wait for Savanna and once I see it I'll finish the race quickly. Then I just punch the car with fists and Cesar will get out and I'll kill him. Doors will remain locked but car is easy to push and garage is quite nearby.

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 August 2013 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE (King Andreas @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 14:09)
Assuming I understand you correctly, just finish the race normally, wait for Cesar to arrive, activate the "bounty on your head" cheat, and swipe the Savannah when Cesar exits to go after you.

I think you misunderstand my intentions. I did not try to obtain a proofed car, I just wanted to destroy the cars to see what happened.

(When I want a proofed car from this race, I first start the race, then switch to a Towtruck and catch up with the car I want.)

Frenzzy
  • Frenzzy

Sweep 'em all!

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:06 AM

QUOTE (OG Viking @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 23:08)
QUOTE (King Andreas @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 14:09)

I think you misunderstand my intentions. I did not try to obtain a proofed car, I just wanted to destroy the cars to see what happened.

(When I want a proofed car from this race, I first start the race, then switch to a Towtruck and catch up with the car I want.)

How do you succeed? In my case, the Towtruck disappears after starting the race. Am I doing something wrong? I know there is another method for obtaining the proofed Savanna, but how to get it using Tow-truck?

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:24 PM

In my case, the Towtruck disappears after starting the race.

There are various ways to obtain a proofed car from this race, and your method of pushing the car on its roof sounds like a clever method, I have not tried it. But you'll have to flip the car somehow, and it sounds tricky.
I find using a Towtruck to be the easiest way. Yes the Towtruck will vanish if you park it too close to the starting position, but if you park it out of camera view it will not vanish. I use to park it to the left side of my lowrider, on the sidewalk, and a bit back so that it is partly in the street crossing. I leave the right door open on the Towtruck so I can quickly get in. You should be able to catch up with the other cars before the race is aborted, bump the car you want, driver will get out, hook up and tow to a garage.

If you want to play dirty, you can park a large vehicle further down the street, to slow down the cars. I think I tried it one time but I don't remember the outcome. But it is not necessary, the other drivers don't drive too fast.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users