» «
Photo

R* must do the unthinkable...

31 replies to this topic
tejasm
  • tejasm

Mr West is in the building

• Members

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:07 PM Edited by tejasm, 23 August 2013 - 07:10 PM.

- Start making the game downloadable/playable on PSN/XBL immediately

- Ship all existing copies of GTA V to stores

- Step up production and ship fresh batches of discs straight to the stores instead of keeping them in warehouses(increasing security)

- Officially push the date forward.

I understand Rockstar have put a lot of effort into this game, and ideally they would have wanted us, their fans, to get our hands on the game "when the time was right". However, unless R* actually start selling the game, then they will be ripped off a lot of income sad.gif I don't think glitches will be an issue, as all development has already ceased and the game is completely playable(as the pressed discs and pre-loads tell us). People are going to be messing up with custom firmware, torrents, leaks etc so it makes R* business sense to try and push the game out quicker, seeing as how it's only a matter of time before the digital version is decrypted, or the factory disc is ripped.

To show you another example of why this would work, let us look at the music industry. These days, whenever an album has leaked, or an album leak is imminent, the artist and label either push the release date forward and sell it quicker, or they put the album on their website/soundcloud/spotify and allow fans to stream the music through the internet. Artists such as Daft Punk, Jay-Z, J.Cole, Big Sean and A$AP have all taken this approach. This allows the artists and labels to rest assured that their music is only being distributed via a legitimate source(and also decreases leak activity). I can't see why R* are unable to take such an approach

Blingy
  • Blingy

Nigga Ya Love Ta Hate

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:09 PM

new mods

DanTFC
  • DanTFC

Mark Chump

• Members

how are they ripped of income? u cant play these games on non modded consoles. There will be pirated copied of GTA out there anyways soon. So a leak doesnt influence any incomes

Pizentu
  • Pizentu

Thats What She Said

• Members
  • United-States

Mot going to happen. Doesnt matter if a million people get an illegal copy, the date is set in stone.

Trick

• Members

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:23 PM

QUOTE (Pizentu @ Friday, Aug 23 2013, 19:09)
Mot going to happen. Doesnt matter if a million people get an illegal copy, the date is set in stone.

Two words:

Spring 2013

Pilotmonkey
  • Pilotmonkey

BBQ SAUUUUUUCCCEEE

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:25 PM

QUOTE (2405 @ Friday, Aug 23 2013, 21:23)

Two words:

Spring 2013

Dafaq user posted image

gwaha
  • gwaha

Homie

• Members

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:27 PM

QUOTE (2405 @ Friday, Aug 23 2013, 23:23)

Two words:

Spring 2013

Spring 2013 is a release window, not a release date. Too many people on here seem to fail to understand the difference between a release window and an actual release date.

You can't change a date on the fly and get everything shipped when you want it. There are more companies who want their products shipped. Stores also have allocated shelf space for a certain period and can't just shove off other games just to so they can show off GTA 5 earlier than expected.

MrSamgos
  • MrSamgos

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:35 PM

This f*cking forum is filled with stupid 12 year olds with 0 business experience/knowledge
Just shut the f*ck up

Iago123
  • Iago123

Craptasket is a fraud

• Members

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:35 PM

This is a retarded idea, the dumbest sh*t i ever heard.

Sticky Pads
  • Sticky Pads

Prankster

• Members

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:42 PM

One word: contracts.

QQumber
  • QQumber

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE (MrSamgos @ Friday, Aug 23 2013, 21:35)
This f*cking forum is filled with stupid 12 year olds with 0 business experience/knowledge
Just shut the f*ck up

I just signed up to say the exact same thing. Tejasm you pre-teen fa**ot you're not gonna get the game early, f*cking dweeb.

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Sticky Pads
  • Sticky Pads

Prankster

• Members

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:49 PM

I think the leak was all a scheme by gtaforums to get lurkers to actually sign up so they can post. catspider.gif

haarp
  • haarp

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:49 PM

You retards, the game is not playable. Yes consolers will pirate the game after September 17th, they're consoletards after all. But you people are crying "leaks" when nothing has leaked except the soundtrack.

ScarySquirrel
  • ScarySquirrel

Bawbag

• Members

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:56 PM

QUOTE (MrSamgos @ Friday, Aug 23 2013, 21:35)
Just shut the f*ck up

This is the only suitable response to this topic.

topdownshooter
  • topdownshooter

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:58 PM

I want the game pretty bad too but this is just pathetic. It's obvious when children post in these forums.

KingWizard
  • KingWizard

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:07 PM

QUOTE (haarp @ Friday, Aug 23 2013, 21:49)
You retards, the game is not playable. Yes consolers will pirate the game after September 17th, they're consoletards after all. But you people are crying "leaks" when nothing has leaked except the soundtrack.

Lol, this f*cker.

98% of pirated games are on PC. That's why companies don't like developing for PC, cause bitches who's mom's got them their PC's can't fork up the cash for some games.

JamesGTAV
  • JamesGTAV

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:08 PM

And this is why OP isn't running a company.

I guess it's better to lose millions of dollars releasing the game early than to have a few screens or videos pop up that can be taken down before even reaching 2,000 views.

Coral_City
  • Coral_City

The Don

• Members

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:09 PM

QUOTE (MrSamgos @ Friday, Aug 23 2013, 17:35)
Just shut the f*ck up

Bless.

You also have to deal with the fact game developers work on project by project basis (from my understanding). They work on schedule to release something on time... and on budget.

ScarySquirrel
  • ScarySquirrel

Bawbag

• Members

QUOTE (KingWizard @ Friday, Aug 23 2013, 22:07)

Lol, this f*cker.

98% of pirated games are on PC. That's why companies don't like developing for PC, cause bitches who's mom's got them their PC's can't fork up the cash for some games.

You can't just make up statistics and claim them as fact. Back up your claims with sources, otherwise stop posting utter wank.

spike88
  • spike88

Big Boss

• Members

QUOTE (KingWizard @ Friday, Aug 23 2013, 17:07)

Lol, this f*cker.

Actually it's because people in other countries are more likely to have a PC. Also the 360 is a close second when it comes to pirated software.

voyager
  • voyager

5 Bonus Goblins!

• Members

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:38 PM

QUOTE (ScarySquirrel @ Friday, Aug 23 2013, 22:09)

98% of pirated games are on PC.

You can't just make up statistics and claim them as fact. Back up your claims with sources, otherwise stop posting utter wank.

face it, 64% of statistics are made up on the spot. you're right though.

i agree too that most pirating probably takes place on PC. there's another thing though, i also think the demographic that is going to rip off R* isn't going to pay for the game if they push the release date either; they'll just pirate the game sooner rather than later.
the "consumers" we're talking about here would be making threads about how their GTA day plans got ruined because of the schedule change. i think i'd rather personally have the regularly scheduled event.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:41 PM

QUOTE (DanTFC @ Friday, Aug 23 2013, 19:09)
how are they ripped of income? u cant play these games on non modded consoles. There will be pirated copied of GTA out there anyways soon. So a leak doesnt influence any incomes

Hence why the people who downloaded it HAD modded consoles you idiot, that's how they decrypted the files in the first place you nincompoop. They are going to leak the whole game soon. They will even be able to play multiplayer without getting banned if they know how to bypass the security which a lot of modders have done successfully. Get your facts right.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:49 PM

There will be a**holes posting the ending all over Youtyube and everywhere else, so, I think R* SHOULD release V now so that all those years of work isn't spoiled for everybody. It's a tough decision but that's just how I feel about it. R* should've never let their product out the door so soon. How they not know any better? They need someone like me working there. I'll put an end to all this sh*t, and head marketing so that info gets delivered in a better way. But R* will hire idiots with no common sense. It's just how the world is.

ItsClipZz
  • ItsClipZz

Trick

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 12:54 AM

QUOTE (tejasm @ Friday, Aug 23 2013, 19:07)

- Step up production and ship fresh batches of discs straight to the stores instead of keeping them in warehouses(increasing security)

I understand Rockstar have put a lot of effort into this game, and ideally they would have wanted us, their fans, to get our hands on the game "when the time was right". However, unless R* actually start selling the game, then they will be ripped off a lot of income sad.gif I don't think glitches will be an issue, as all development has already ceased and the game is completely playable(as the pressed discs and pre-loads tell us). People are going to be messing up with custom firmware, torrents, leaks etc so it makes R* business sense to try and push the game out quicker, seeing as how it's only a matter of time before the digital version is decrypted, or the factory disc is ripped.

To show you another example of why this would work, let us look at the music industry. These days, whenever an album has leaked, or an album leak is imminent, the artist and label either push the release date forward and sell it quicker, or they put the album on their website/soundcloud/spotify and allow fans to stream the music through the internet. Artists such as Daft Punk, Jay-Z, J.Cole, Big Sean and A$AP have all taken this approach. This allows the artists and labels to rest assured that their music is only being distributed via a legitimate source(and also decreases leak activity). I can't see why R* are unable to take such an approach

huh, you think its more secure to have them in a store instead of Rockstar Storage .... your loopy sneaky2.gif

Romario
  • Romario

Prankster

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 12:56 AM

They can't take this approach because you are a bastard.

ItsClipZz
  • ItsClipZz

Trick

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 12:57 AM

QUOTE (ScarySquirrel @ Friday, Aug 23 2013, 22:09)

Lol, this f*cker.

dude, no.. not 98% . Yes theres more pirate PC gamers than consoles. because consoles are harder, you need to know people or be good with a solder and such.. but theres more modded consoles out there than you think, ive had a modded WII , 4 modded 360's , modded original XBOX , PS1 .... Jailbroke iphone / ipad ...

always fun to play a nintendo 64 game on a xbox 1 , or a old PC dos game on a WII or IPAD..

Romario
  • Romario

Prankster

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 12:59 AM

QUOTE (AtomicPunk @ Friday, Aug 23 2013, 23:49)
There will be a**holes posting the ending all over Youtyube and everywhere else, so, I think R* SHOULD release V now so that all those years of work isn't spoiled for everybody. It's a tough decision but that's just how I feel about it. R* should've never let their product out the door so soon. How they not know any better? They need someone like me working there. I'll put an end to all this sh*t, and head marketing so that info gets delivered in a better way. But R* will hire idiots with no common sense. It's just how the world is.

Yeah, they're going to put a redneck hick like you in charge of marketing lolllll.

Go and do your homework like a good little boy and wait patiently until the game comes out.

Freakyfresh
  • Freakyfresh

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 01:04 AM

They shouldn't do this. Otherwise I won't be able to play the game before the street date.

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 August 2013 - 01:11 AM

Funny how you think they haven't been shipped already.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 03:01 PM Edited by AtomicPunk, 24 August 2013 - 03:03 PM.

QUOTE (Romario @ Friday, Aug 23 2013, 20:59)
QUOTE (AtomicPunk @ Friday, Aug 23 2013, 23:49)

Yeah, they're going to put a redneck hick like you in charge of marketing lolllll.

Go and do your homework like a good little boy and wait patiently until the game comes out.

Who you think runs NASA, moRon? rednecks. You little 12 year old kids just don't understand how the world works yet. You're also a racist. Rednecks and hicks are far more crafty than your people. Just look around. Who you think invented modding cars, NASCAR? Who you think advanced rockets?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users