PC Multiplayer play with modified handling file

3 replies to this topic
Wisey
  • Wisey

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:43 PM

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone knew if it is easy/possible to have modified handling file and copy it between everyone on a LAN and then play multiplayer with that file?

I am NOT interested in "hacking" or ruining other peoples fun, me and few friends just want to have a mess around with handling settings in a free mode together.

Thanks!

lolleroz
  • lolleroz

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:45 PM

Send your friends the modded handling and tell them to install it, then host a game and invite it. Remember once you mod your game you will go into 'modded zone', so if you try finding any regular games without unistalling the mod previously they will be most likely full of hackers, but I guess that's not a big issue since there's hackers on unmodded servers too.

Wisey
  • Wisey

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:52 PM

Thanks for the fast reply!

Sweet, okay. Once you have modded the files can you change them back and be put in the "normal zone"? Or does your account get stuck/black listed into the "modded zone"?

Thanks!

lolleroz
  • lolleroz

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:35 PM

QUOTE (Wisey @ Friday, Aug 23 2013, 17:52)
Thanks for the fast reply!

Sweet, okay. Once you have modded the files can you change them back and be put in the "normal zone"? Or does your account get stuck/black listed into the "modded zone"?

Thanks!

Yes, once you have restored backup the game is put back in 'non-modded zone'. I believe when you load multiplayer it does a swift check on the game files and puts you in 'modded' MP section if either some files are bigger than they should be or have a wrong 'modified' date on them. If you restore the old original file backup you will be fine, and reverted to unmodded game section.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users