The Rules Need To Be Changed

8 replies to this topic
Ambient_
  • Ambient_

Loving GTA:O

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:05 AM

Following my snappy breakfast I grabbed my IPod Touch and signed into GTAForums to find word of a hacker who had made a very bold statement indeed which states he will have a cracked version of the EU PSN pre-order release up and running within two days. This screams danger to me. If the users from this forum are going to stay safe from an onslaught of mankind's favourite game series leaked information then we're going to have to change the rules, mods, I'm looking in your direction.

To do so I suggest a pre-registration process which allows a bot or a mod to review the registree's information and decide whether or not they're safe to use this forum. If that's too much then may I raise the idea of adding a 1-week registration wait to new registrants to prevent immature users spoiling what is going to be an incredible game?

For many we've been waiting for this game for too long, and non of us are ready to have our anticipation extinguished due to numerous story-based leaks.

Thoughts?

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:10 AM

Or you could, you know. Just not visit the forum for a few weeks.

Those kinds of things put off new members, this board has advertisements, and server costs to pay, so they're going to want as many new members as possible, making it harder to sign up is not going to do that.
Plus it would take way too much time.

Shmoopy
  • Shmoopy

Thug (͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:11 AM

Write your memories in GTA V section and not here.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Camp Crystal Lake

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:23 AM

It's actually easier to spot out trolls the moment they sign up/post than to review every new member. Understanably no one wants to be spoiled (we're in the same boat), but the best we can do is preven spoilers as much as possible.

Having such a system would be inefficient and unfair to genuine new members.

gtamad8
  • gtamad8

The Miracle

• Members

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:30 AM

GTAF got shut down in 2012 because of a leak, right? Imagine what'd happen if the WHOLE game got leaked on here. I agree there should be a rule stating no leaks.

Matty
  • Matty

Wiseguy

• Australia

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:13 PM

QUOTE (gtamad8 @ Friday, Aug 23 2013, 22:30)
GTAF got shut down in 2012 because of a leak, right?

Nah. I remember the site going down for a number of days last year, but it wasn't because of a leak of any kind.

Waddy
  • Waddy

Gods foster son.

• None

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:38 PM

Never been shut down for a leak.

Its a public forum, anyone can join and thats the way it has always been, through many GTA releases. Its something we have done before.
Granted the hype for V is much more than before but we have a superb group of staff who are active at the moment, will be easy to moderate.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

I know you've been complaining, but you weren't ready.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:12 PM

QUOTE (gtamad8 @ Friday, Aug 23 2013, 12:30)
GTAF got shut down in 2012 because of a leak, right? Imagine what'd happen if the WHOLE game got leaked on here. I agree there should be a rule stating no leaks.

It was a coincidence a fake leak appeared right before the servers had to be shut down for maintenance, so all gaming websites just went and said GTAF got shutdown because of a CV leak.

GroundZero
  • GroundZero

Criminally Insane

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:51 PM

Best thing you can do, OP, is stay away from the V section, at least until you've completed V's storyline. At least that's what I will be doing...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users