Quantcast

» «
Photo

How can I make friends and move on from my past?

42 replies to this topic
Ilikehotcrossbuns
  • Ilikehotcrossbuns

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:29 PM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Friday, Aug 23 2013, 23:25)
QUOTE (Rainbow_Dash @ Friday, Aug 23 2013, 17:55)
A name change..Am I the only one thats missing something? I mean..This is a forum, right? A game forum...? I mean..GunWrath can't be your real name..So uhh..Why would Rainbow Dash be my real name? Anyway, like I said..The militarys just a last resort. Like suicide! Peace Corps..I don't know..I mean..It'd be good to go around the world, see how other people live, and help them out. This is all after I get my act together. Maybe go to the doctor, get that mysterious lump checked out they've been badgering me about..Get a haircut, a crappy part time job, start running again..That stuff. I need to prepare myself.

GunWrath was an actual nickname of mine.. but Rainbow_Dash man, I mean c'mon dude.. not very manly or bro-like..

'Yo Rainbow, wanna go get some beers?'

sounds way weaker than

'Yo Gun, wanna go get some beers?'

Anyways, I know jack sh*t about Peace Corps but something I sure as sh*t wouldn't want to do. Enjoy that then man.. living in treehouses and all that. Nah, but you're putting too much thought into all this, being social is way easy and making friends is even easier. Just go out, scrape your knees, slap some ass cheeks at a bar, go to the mall, go to a cafe, hell look for a Brony Convention or something.. mingle.

GunWrath sounds like a really sad nerdy nickname, not a cool one. Note that no nicknames are cool, but GunWrath is particularly not cool.

Rainbow_Dash
  • Rainbow_Dash

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:45 PM Edited by Rainbow_Dash, 23 August 2013 - 11:48 PM.

Its just a screen name for online. out here, where nicknames are popular with teens..My nickname was Shadow for about..maybe 7 years or so. But I said I didn't want to be called Shadow, so..They rearranged some letters and started calling me Dash. Not really my choice, but..I went with it. It wasn't based on the MLP series at all. Then I watched it, and..Some online friends said "Hey, you remind me exactly of Rainbow Dash" soo..Thats how it went. Just an online alias, but..Eh, it fit. I like Dash better, though.. Nicknames shouldn't be something YOU choose. Nicknames are just..Made up by other people. Like if there's some shy kid in school whose a total nerd with tech, people will call him tech or whatever. If I had a choice on what my nickname was, I'd honestly have no idea what to pick. Heisenberg, because I'm a big fan of Breaking Bad?(And you know, the name sounds cool. To me.) Eh, I..Don't think so. Nicknames are usually associated with characteristics. At least here, they are. Rainbow Dash is more of an online alias..Dash is just the street name..So I figured hey, why not put two and two together? Its less complicated than saying "You can call me this, you can call me that, you can also call me this"

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 24 August 2013 - 02:00 AM

Seem really attached to the name though.. you asked for advice, I was simply giving it.

Dash isn't bad, Rainbow is.. but aslong as you don't use that name in public or as an alias in society, you should have no problem. Bro hoof!

jatiger13
  • jatiger13

this is fun

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 05:00 AM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 02:00)
Seem really attached to the name though.. you asked for advice, I was simply giving it.

Dash isn't bad, Rainbow is.. but aslong as you don't use that name in public or as an alias in society, you should have no problem. Bro hoof!

Quit bashing him for his screen name. You seem like the kinda person who has no friends in real life and that's why you come on this forum trying to look like a badass

assmillk
  • assmillk

Homie

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 05:25 AM

learn a new hobby. ive been skateboarding for almost 8 years now and almost all of the friends i have i met through skateboarding. Yea, some of them are into drugs and alcohol a bit more than i am, but going to skateparks, skatespots, and just skating anywhere i meet new people everyday.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:20 PM

QUOTE (jatiger13 @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 00:00)
QUOTE (GunWrath @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 02:00)

Quit bashing him for his screen name. You seem like the kinda person who has no friends in real life and that's why you come on this forum trying to look like a badass

Speaking of names, look at yours. Let's discuss it.

Rainbow_Dash
  • Rainbow_Dash

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:59 PM

Guys, shut up. Don't start a war, here. Fact is, I use this for the forum and online only. And I will continue to do that, because it is MY name. I chose it. No one else. Me. Its my account. I signed up for me. So its just proper etiquette that I have my own name on my own account. You don't like it, its not my problem..The worlds full of lots of things we don't like. Like Justin Bieber, or taxes, or even the government for that matter. But we deal with it. We don't whine like a little bitch. And that goes for everyone else who insists on being so stupid and moronic that their tiny little brain capacity makes them judge a persons entire character as a whole, because they've either watched/liked or even mentioned a goddamn TV show. I hate Family Guy, but you dont see me judging people that do because of their preference. Sure, I dont have many friends now..But most of thats because drugs changed me, and I got bitter and violent from getting drunk all the time. That's my fault. My mistake. But the friends I DID make? EVERY friend I made? We were friends because I didn't judge them. I didn't care.

So how about we stop acting like a bunch of 13 year old girls arguing about whose lip gloss is better?

III H1TMaN III
  • III H1TMaN III

The Silent Assassin

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:17 PM

I don't know how you can make friends as I have the same problem.

I have 1 good friend, and we've been friends for years. But.. I want more friends because my best friend.. He is fun and all, but he kinda lets other people judge him too easily. He always wants to stay nice and ordered and never go crazy because then he gets ashamed.. I want friends that I can do crazy sh*t with and have fun. Like the show Workaholics haha!

I have a bucket list with loads of fun stuff that I really want to do with friends. But I first need to find friends but have no idea how. I like gaming a lot and that is what I do. I don't like going out that much in this town since it is always about drinking f*cking booze and acting popular.. dozingoff.gif

I will go to places of my interest later, and see if I can hook up with some dudes and hopefully become friends. That is the only way I know how you could make friends. Otherwise it just happens randomly. tounge.gif

Rainbow_Dash
  • Rainbow_Dash

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:24 PM

QUOTE (III H1TMaN III @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 21:17)

I have 1 good friend, and we've been friends for years. But.. I want more friends because my best friend.. He is fun and all, but he kinda lets other people judge him too easily. He always wants to stay nice and ordered and never go crazy because then he gets ashamed.. I want friends that I can do crazy sh*t with and have fun. Like the show Workaholics haha!

I have a bucket list with loads of fun stuff that I really want to do with friends. But I first need to find friends but have no idea how. I like gaming a lot and that is what I do. I don't like going out that much in this town since it is always about drinking f*cking booze and acting popular.. dozingoff.gif

I will go to places of my interest later, and see if I can hook up with some dudes and hopefully become friends. That is the only way I know how you could make friends. Otherwise it just happens randomly. tounge.gif

You sound like the type of person I'd chill with. I like being a daredevil too. You at least have a PSN or something?

III H1TMaN III
  • III H1TMaN III

The Silent Assassin

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:35 PM

QUOTE (Rainbow_Dash @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 21:24)
QUOTE (III H1TMaN III @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 21:17)

I have a bucket list with loads of fun stuff that I really want to do with friends. But I first need to find friends but have no idea how. I like gaming a lot and that is what I do. I don't like going out that much in this town since it is always about drinking f*cking booze and acting popular..  dozingoff.gif

I will go to places of my interest later, and see if I can hook up with some dudes and hopefully become friends. That is the only way I know how you could make friends. Otherwise it just happens randomly.  tounge.gif

You sound like the type of person I'd chill with. I like being a daredevil too. You at least have a PSN or something?

Nope, I has an Xbox.

I have good friends on Xbox too that I play with all the time. Been friends with a bunch for years. And me and my best friend want to visit them in real life. We don't know when yet.. But visiting my best Xbox buddies in real life is also on my bucket list haha!

Rainbow_Dash
  • Rainbow_Dash

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:51 AM Edited by Rainbow_Dash, 25 August 2013 - 12:56 AM.

Well, today I spent two hours filling out every application i can, just like every weekend..Except this day was more busy..Because I'm more desperate. And I went around the city, with my big smile and that positive attitude my manager of my first job loved..And nothing. I got NOTHING. God..I'm just so frustrated..And everyday it gets worse. I get more snappy with people..I get more to the point where "Alright, I'm just gonna confront this guy not just as an employee anymore, but as a person who is desperate for work". One of these days I'm gonna snap. It is what is..I mean..I've been looking for close to five years and I just can't handle it anymore..I don't want to be 21 without a job..I don't want to be too poor to have a beer, go out and have some fun, eat some food that isn't frozen..With my health issues..For all I know, I could be dead by the time I'm 21..And to increase my chances would have to be the fact that I got myself associated with some bad dangerous people..And to add onto THAT is the fact that this city is so goddamn dangerous. There was a cop chase just a few streets from here the other day..

I don't know what to do..I don't know what to change. People always told me I look like a thug because of how husky I am..You know? I got big shoulders. Maybe that's it. But I don't know how I could have control over that. I mean..That's just the way my body is. All my life, people have been intimidated by me in school. I did everything I could to make myself look smaller, you know? But..I can't change the way I look. This is just..ME.

I don't know..Maybe I should try intimidation..Maybe I should drop the whole "Life is great, I love working with people!" attitude and get personal. Just..Get in the managers face and say "Look, I need this job. And if you hire me right now, if you give me a chance for an interview, I can promise I'll be the best worker you'll have. But I can't do that unless you give me something to go on."

I don't know what to do..But I know I just..I HAVE to get work soon, okay? I just have to. This family of mine aint healthy. They're not good people. They're drunk and abusive..They're manipulative. They want to go their separate ways, and I'm the only one without work..So..Yeah, I'll be homeless..

III H1TMaN III
  • III H1TMaN III

The Silent Assassin

• Members

Posted 25 August 2013 - 05:32 PM

QUOTE (Rainbow_Dash @ Sunday, Aug 25 2013, 00:51)
Well, today I spent two hours filling out every application i can, just like every weekend..Except this day was more busy..Because I'm more desperate. And I went around the city, with my big smile and that positive attitude my manager of my first job loved..And nothing. I got NOTHING. God..I'm just so frustrated..And everyday it gets worse. I get more snappy with people..I get more to the point where "Alright, I'm just gonna confront this guy not just as an employee anymore, but as a person who is desperate for work". One of these days I'm gonna snap. It is what is..I mean..I've been looking for close to five years and I just can't handle it anymore..I don't want to be 21 without a job..I don't want to be too poor to have a beer, go out and have some fun, eat some food that isn't frozen..With my health issues..For all I know, I could be dead by the time I'm 21..And to increase my chances would have to be the fact that I got myself associated with some bad dangerous people..And to add onto THAT is the fact that this city is so goddamn dangerous. There was a cop chase just a few streets from here the other day..

I don't know what to do..I don't know what to change. People always told me I look like a thug because of how husky I am..You know? I got big shoulders. Maybe that's it. But I don't know how I could have control over that. I mean..That's just the way my body is. All my life, people have been intimidated by me in school. I did everything I could to make myself look smaller, you know? But..I can't change the way I look. This is just..ME.

I don't know..Maybe I should try intimidation..Maybe I should drop the whole "Life is great, I love working with people!" attitude and get personal. Just..Get in the managers face and say "Look, I need this job. And if you hire me right now, if you give me a chance for an interview, I can promise I'll be the best worker you'll have. But I can't do that unless you give me something to go on."

I don't know what to do..But I know I just..I HAVE to get work soon, okay? I just have to. This family of mine aint healthy. They're not good people. They're drunk and abusive..They're manipulative. They want to go their separate ways, and I'm the only one without work..So..Yeah, I'll be homeless..

It is pretty hard nowadays to get a job..

Seems like you're in a tough position. I have no idea how to help though.. :|

Rainbow_Dash
  • Rainbow_Dash

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:56 AM

So..Its not starting an old topic if its less than a month old, right? Whatever..Anyway, about my friend situation. I lost a lot of friends..Most of it has to do with uh..Me being too nice. So I kinda asscociate myself with just about anyone and in the end, they're just bad friends..And it takes me awhile to realize that. I'm a counselor..Not professional..I was a counselors assistant in school, and it felt right..I helped a lot of people..So I kept doing that, freelance..You know? Except I dealt with more serious issues..Like people just a couple seconds away from killing themselves, people who got drug problems, people who drink themselves to death..You get the picture. In the past six years, I saved a lot of lives..Made them grow..Watch them really come into their own, you know? Change. But I think in the end, I was making a mistake. Because see, a friendship is supposed to be a two way street..and I thought I had that but I didn't. No, what I had was a.."I have a problem. Fix it for me! Okay, thanks." situation. A situation where they were all that mattered, and me? I had no business talking about my problems, or...What I feel. It was just about them.

So last year, I made another "friend". This real lonely shy quiet girl. Had some problems in her past..Lots of anxiety, no friends. Anyway, we got a little close..I thought it was a bond. Eventually, I made her sum up the courage to start making friends..I became like a "hero" to her and..Eh, it was an ego boost..I didnt pay attention to anything else. But then this year starts, and now shes got her own circle of friends..And we're starting to see eachother less and less..While this is going on, I'm out with my childhood friend smoking weed, getting high off ecstasy, doing shrooms, drinking my ass off. But then he leaves..Only explanation I can give is that lifes got a way of tearing people apart for awhile..But this guy was a REAL friend..

So when he left, thats when it started to click.. All I was to this person was their shrink. I made her all these friends, made her this brand new person that was happy..But in the end, I was the one who ended up alone. So I tried to change things..Tried to talk a little more about myself..Tried to actually hang out. And I noticed that she distanced herself more and more as time went on until finally...She left.

Instead of taking care of my own life, getting over my problems..I spent the past six or more years taking care of other peoples lives..And now look where its got me. I wasted my life for the wrong people. At least if they were friends and GOOD people, I could die tomorrow, proud of what I did.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users