Quantcast

» «
Photo

How can I make friends and move on from my past?

42 replies to this topic
Rainbow_Dash
  • Rainbow_Dash

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 August 2013 - 06:59 AM Edited by Rainbow_Dash, 23 August 2013 - 07:03 AM.

This year was bad..I lost my best friend..he ditched me. But I dont know if I even care for the asshole anymore. Its like this..Way way back in the past, I used to have a lot of friends..Used to love my life..Used to have fun everyday. Then..I don't know what happened. I guess the bullying got to me, eventually. I grew violent, anti-social, suicidal..But it wasnt just because of bullying and I'm not gonna go in detail. I'm tired of repeating the same story in my head over and over. But this went on for a couple years..Years of loneliness, wanting to kill myself..Then I started drinking..And kudos to my "best friend" for getting me on drugs. Asshole..But it was an escape from reality..I missed the past.

Anyway, **** it. Its all water under the bridge. I'm doing fine now..Those years are over. But I wanna start where I left off..Try to get my life back in shape. A job could always help but uh..This economys hard where I live. So its a priority but..I wouldn't call it a "friend market"

I was thinking of going to group counseling. Maybe meet some people, get some of my problems out in the open..That kinda thing. I dont have any friends anymore, and I'm lonely. And I'm sick of being lonely. I dont WANT to be lonely anymore. I dont want to be used to it anymore. Its just not who I am. I'm not an introvert.

Not much about me lately..I'm a gamer..20 years old. I listen to rap..Metal. I'm not a nerd, though..No offense, but I'm too much of a stud to be a nerd. But it'd be kinda cool to hang around some chill laidback gamers.. There was this cute tomboyish kinda girl at this Gamestop I went to..We used to talk a lot, and she was pretty cool. But that Gamestop went outta business awhile ago..So uh..Yeah, f*ck you Gamestop. I graduated, by the way. Man, I'm just sick of being the loner here. Its near to IMPOSSIBLE to make friends here. I mean..With them, its always about drugs..I dunno what to expect though, for living in a crack neighborhood..

Yo, can I even post this sh*t here? For a gaming site, this seems way too emo.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:05 AM

How long until you're 21? You live in the US right? Well once you start going clubbing, meeting people becomes incredibly easy, you just need to know one guy, who knows another guy, you meet them, add them on Facebook, see them out again and so on, you can fill in the details.

However I live in a city of only 360 000 so I see someone at the clubs every weekend.

Rainbow_Dash
  • Rainbow_Dash

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:14 AM

Yeah, clubbing sounds tight. I live in Phoenix..Huge huge night life scene out here. Lots of clubs, raves, you name it. I mean..I been to some raves and all but..Its all hush hush, you know? None of its legal, and..Thats fine. I mean..I do my share of breaking the law..But my connections are sorta what got me in a bad place anyway and they wont hang with me cuz I dont have money for weed. They kinda see me as a burden to be with so you know..its whatever. I got til Spring of 2014 til I'm 21..Pretty long way off, though. And for gods sakes, dont no one tell me about finding a date. After my last two exes, I'm officially DONE with the dating scene, you know? At least lemme be single for awhile cuz..Damn. Psychos. Alls I'm gonna say..Psychos.

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:24 AM

Finding people who aren't into drugs can be tough. The best place to meet people you'll want to be friends with is at places that have something to do with your interests. You're into music, go to shows, even if they are just local bands that suck. You say you want to hang out with gamers, hangout at the local video game store [nevermind I see it closed down] go to the nearest place that sells games, like Best Buy or something, and just hang around the game section. Is there a community college around your area? That's where most the people your age probably are at, you don't need to be in college to go to a college. Meet people hanging out in the hallways. If it's a big enough college nobody will no if you don't actually take any classes.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:53 AM

Having Rainbow_Dash as a name isn't going to help much though in the ladies department.

But you have to become more sociable man.. get out there, interact, you'll find new pals and gals. Don't be a fool, wrap the tool though.

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:18 AM

If you're stupid enough to name yourself Rainbow_Dash you don't deserve friends.

I don't deserve friends with my name either.

Rainbow_Dash
  • Rainbow_Dash

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:29 AM Edited by Rainbow_Dash, 23 August 2013 - 08:40 AM.

Its just a name on a forum, dumbass. Both of you. I mean, what..You think I got posters of MLP in my room, or glittery rainbow hair? I like Breaking Bad, but that dont mean my life revolves around it. I aint about to shave my head and start doing meth. Its just a stupid thing to say..That's all. You're makin' me sound like those nerds at Comic Con who NEVER stop posting pictures on Facebook of them dressed up as Link, or f*ckin' uh..Whats that guys name in Final Fantasy..Iunno..Some guy with emo hair that covers his eyes (Oh wait, that's pretty much every character..)

Besides, why you gotta be dissing Futurama? Its hilarious! Before my free month of Netflix ended, that was all I watched..Along with Breaking Bad. Its better than Family Guys same old crap.

TheDavid
  • TheDavid

☦ Orthodoxy ☦

• Members

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:54 AM

If feasible, your best bet is to get a change of scenery. Maybe go somewhere where it's easier to find a job. LA is a great city to meet people and start fresh. Plus, it barely rains or snows, so that's a plus. smile.gif

It's hard. I've had to rebuild my social life once before and it really is difficult. Stay strong.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:02 AM

QUOTE (Rainbow_Dash @ Friday, Aug 23 2013, 03:29)
Its just a name on a forum, dumbass. Both of you. I mean, what..You think I got posters of MLP in my room, or glittery rainbow hair? I like Breaking Bad, but that dont mean my life revolves around it. I aint about to shave my head and start doing meth. Its just a stupid thing to say..That's all. You're makin' me sound like those nerds at Comic Con who NEVER stop posting pictures on Facebook of them dressed up as Link, or f*ckin' uh..Whats that guys name in Final Fantasy..Iunno..Some guy with emo hair that covers his eyes (Oh wait, that's pretty much every character..)

Besides, why you gotta be dissing Futurama? Its hilarious! Before my free month of Netflix ended, that was all I watched..Along with Breaking Bad. Its better than Family Guys same old crap.

That's how you make friends right there brony!

Rainbow_Dash
  • Rainbow_Dash

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:20 PM

QUOTE (TheDavid @ Friday, Aug 23 2013, 10:54)
If feasible, your best bet is to get a change of scenery. Maybe go somewhere where it's easier to find a job. LA is a great city to meet people and start fresh. Plus, it barely rains or snows, so that's a plus. smile.gif

It's hard. I've had to rebuild my social life once before and it really is difficult. Stay strong.

You know, its interesting you say that..If ever there was a place that I planned to move to, It would be California..Maybe in Malibu..Maybe near Death Valley since I grew up with the desert..I love it. And I love Arizona..I got thousands of pictures on my computer of the open desert and the Arizona sunsets from when I went to Sedona, Tombstone, Jerome, to just right here in my front yard. But hows the economy in California? With Arizona, its pretty much impossible for people my age to get work. They say the economys getting better, but..On the news is where they give you the real deal. The economys doing better everywhere EXCEPT for..Arizona. Also, its not like I can really pick up and move there like..Today. Either way, I still need to find work. But the more I think about it, the more horrified I am at being 23 years old..No job, no friends..

So there's another option, which I've been thinkin' about since I was a freshman in highschool. Its a last resort, but..Considering the way things are going for me now, I'd say its almost close to my only resort. Joining the military. I mean, the whole idea is terrible for me..Picturing it in my head. But like I said, that is the last resort.

jatiger13
  • jatiger13

this is fun

• Members

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:37 PM

What education or skills do you have? I live in houston, and with the oil industry being big here, its easy to get a job in that line of work here. Plus it pays good.
People are really cool here too. I'm not originally from houston, in fact I'm not from texas at all. But I found that it was pretty easy to make new friends. Most of the people here are really friendly.

Rainbow_Dash
  • Rainbow_Dash

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:55 PM

Well..I graduated highschool but..That's pretty much it. As far as college goes, I'm trapped. I can't do student loans because eventually I'll need to pay them off, and..I had to pay off some debts recently already that have been building up. So I cant do college without a guarantee that I'll have work. Thinkin' to myself "Oh, I'll get work eventually" won't help. Because that's the same thing I said two years ago. As for skills, I uh..Hell, I got nothing. The only thing I can see that would REMOTELY look like a skill is that I'm sort of an online counselor to people. Eh..I save lives..Get people off the sauce, teach them to live without drugs, stop them from suicide, get them to stop cutting..All that kinda stuff. Sometimes I get people that uh..Actually been to asylums, tortured animals..That kinda thing. But I do pretty good. I'm pretty much like a motivational speaker to everyone. I'm a great writer, too but..i just always found writing boring. Like..If I got a career in journalism or I wrote short stories, I'd just bore myself to death. A career should be something you love, right? I mean..That's the basis I'm going off on.

Its funny you say that. Texas is right next door to us..Well, next door to New Mexico..Which people go to on weekends all the time, so..Texas probably wouldn't be a hard place to go to

The only interests I can mention are that..I love cars, motorcycles..So if I worked with them that'd be fun. But my biggest ambition of all would be to become a pilot for the Airforce. Travel the world..Fly fast planes. All that. But flight schools not only expensive, but I flunked math in highschool..So it'd be a little harder for me to get in.

jatiger13
  • jatiger13

this is fun

• Members

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:09 PM

I didn't go to college either. I work in the oil industry, when I applied they told me they would hire me but that I had to take a two week class. It was only 200 bucks if I remember right.

Being a pilot was my dream when I was younger, but that dream died when I took a eye test and found out that I was colorblind. I don't notice it in regular life but they said I could have problems reading the radar on planes.

Would you qualify for financial aid? Cause that could help when it comes to college

Rainbow_Dash
  • Rainbow_Dash

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:17 PM

Its possible..Maybe I could move to Texas or something, and go to a college there. But I don't even know what I wanna do..None of the normal careers seem to interest me other than becoming an actor. It was just somethin' cuz..I was great at drama class and I adlibbed everything..And the teacher loved it. But aside from that, the only ambition I want out of life is to explore the world..Have a life of adventure. Thrill seeking.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• The Yardies

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:32 PM

QUOTE (Rainbow_Dash @ Friday, Aug 23 2013, 20:17)
Its possible..Maybe I could move to Texas or something, and go to a college there. But I don't even know what I wanna do..None of the normal careers seem to interest me other than becoming an actor. It was just somethin' cuz..I was great at drama class and I adlibbed everything..And the teacher loved it. But aside from that, the only ambition I want out of life is to explore the world..Have a life of adventure. Thrill seeking.

I felt similar to you, so I left the UK and spent five years in Australia, the Cayman Islands and Germany before coming back. It certainly satisfied the wanderlust I'd had previously, and made a difference to me as a person.

jatiger13
  • jatiger13

this is fun

• Members

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:32 PM

Well you are still young. A lot of people don't know what they want to do with their life until they get closer to 30 years old. That's totally normal. Just don't go back to your old life. I had friends who went down the wrong path in life and are stuck in that life.
You though seem to have made positive changes in your life. Its not always easy to make those changes, and I admire you for that. The best advise I can give you is keep your chin up and never give up.

Rainbow_Dash
  • Rainbow_Dash

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:09 PM

Yeah, its been a real sh*tstorm. I mean, the stuff I'm goin' through now..Its a cake walk compared to my 8 year long depression. That was a huge nightmare. Literally, too! Like..Night terrors everytime I slept. And I know what you mean about friends going back. Most my childhood friends are either dead or in prison for things like attempted rape, being in a gang, yadda yadda yadda.. Sucks they grew up like that. Like this one dude I was best friends with. We were athletic as kids, and we'd race eachother all the time, play soccer together..Then last year I hear the guys doing a life sentence for murdering his grandma and raping some girl. So yeah, I could see what you guys are talking about, with getting a fresh start. I guess its true that I dont know what I wanna do yet but..So far? I don't know..The civilian life just seems so..boring. Like I'm at this family reunion, just soakin' in the pool working out, and everyones talking about what its like working in a kitchen at a restaurant, or what biology they're studying in college or some crap..Then there's the guy in the Navy who talks about going around the world, and I just find it a little cool. He showed me his war room, this huge room with Native stuff from India, Japan, Seoul, all these places.. Whatever I do with my life, I know one thing that's never passed: I wanna make a difference.

Dale Nixon
  • Dale Nixon

methane on my mind

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:10 PM

Sorry, but you are definitely a nerd.

Ilikehotcrossbuns
  • Ilikehotcrossbuns

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:11 PM Edited by Ilikehotcrossbuns, 23 August 2013 - 09:16 PM.

QUOTE (Rainbow_Dash @ Friday, Aug 23 2013, 06:59)
This year was bad..I lost my best friend..he ditched me. But I dont know if I even care for the asshole anymore. Its like this..Way way back in the past, I used to have a lot of friends..Used to love my life..Used to have fun everyday. Then..I don't know what happened. I guess the bullying got to me, eventually. I grew violent, anti-social, suicidal..But it wasnt just because of bullying and I'm not gonna go in detail. I'm tired of repeating the same story in my head over and over. But this went on for a couple years..Years of loneliness, wanting to kill myself..Then I started drinking..And kudos to my "best friend" for getting me on drugs. Asshole..But it was an escape from reality..I missed the past.

Anyway, **** it. Its all water under the bridge. I'm doing fine now..Those years are over. But I wanna start where I left off..Try to get my life back in shape. A job could always help but uh..This economys hard where I live. So its a priority but..I wouldn't call it a "friend market"

I was thinking of going to group counseling. Maybe meet some people, get some of my problems out in the open..That kinda thing. I dont have any friends anymore, and I'm lonely. And I'm sick of being lonely. I dont WANT to be lonely anymore. I dont want to be used to it anymore. Its just not who I am. I'm not an introvert.

Not much about me lately..I'm a gamer..20 years old. I listen to rap..Metal. I'm not a nerd, though..No offense, but I'm too much of a stud to be a nerd. But it'd be kinda cool to hang around some chill laidback gamers.. There was this cute tomboyish kinda girl at this Gamestop I went to..We used to talk a lot, and she was pretty cool. But that Gamestop went outta business awhile ago..So uh..Yeah, f*ck you Gamestop. I graduated, by the way. Man, I'm just sick of being the loner here. Its near to IMPOSSIBLE to make friends here. I mean..With them, its always about drugs..I dunno what to expect though, for living in a crack neighborhood..

Four paragraphs talking about how terrible your life is. You sir are certainly not a 'stud'

Mr Scratch
  • Mr Scratch

Hungry like the wolf

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:33 PM

Stud...
user posted image

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:44 PM

QUOTE (Rainbow_Dash @ Friday, Aug 23 2013, 02:59)

Dude, you'd be surprised at some of the emo crap that floats in this place.

Anyway... Making friends and moving on from your past isn't something you do. It is something that naturally happens.

Unless you are some sort of freak that doesn't know how to smile and talk to a stranger, I bet things will turn out just fine.

jatiger13
  • jatiger13

this is fun

• Members

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:26 PM

Well if joining the armed forces is something that interests you, then i'd say go for it. I enlisted after high school and it is something I'll never regret. The one thing I miss about it is the comraderie. I consider them my brothers and still keep contact with some of them.
Do they still give you money for college after or is that something they stopped doing?

Rainbow_Dash
  • Rainbow_Dash

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:43 PM

No, they still pay for your education. Some of my overseas friends said they got their education while they were in the service. But I think maybe I should start with the Peace Corps..Or the National Guard. The military is a big decision..Not to mention I'll be risking my life. But of course we're talking longterm..Maybe a year from now or so. It'd be a good idea just to get some experience while I'm in the states, meet up with some old friends that moved out of Phoenix..Plus, I need to clean myself up. No more drugs. No more alcohol.

And I can't stress this one enough. No more psychotic friends dragging me along in the ghetto for their stupid deals. Just because they risk their life for a high don't mean I should have to either.

Ilikehotcrossbuns
  • Ilikehotcrossbuns

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE (Rainbow_Dash @ Friday, Aug 23 2013, 22:43)
Plus, I need to clean myself up. No more drugs. No more alcohol.

I'M A PERSON JUST LIKE YOU BUT I'VE GOT BETTER THINGS TO DO

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:50 PM

National Guard isn't a good choice with the current deals going on, you'll be moved up to Active Duty. Peace Corps? Really don't think you'd be fit to save the earth if you're contemplating joining Armed Forces which ultimately destroys the earth.

Military is a good route if you're actually mentally fit for it and really adamant about the military life. It's not all rainbows and unicorns, you will catch long stretches of absolute boredom as it's not all explosions and rappelling from Chinooks, etc. I would say think about it for a few years, Army cut limit is age 42, so you have quite afew years to ponder on that, whilst Marines accept up to age 28-29 I believe. Air Force and Navy are your best branches for education and benefits wise to be better fit for a civilian life after Service, so research some if you're interested in it.

Right now, just focus on the civilian life, school and education at your terms, not the military's terms.. perhaps a name change and you'll be well on your way to pimp status.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:55 PM

QUOTE (trip @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 10:44)
Unless you are some sort of freak that doesn't know how to smile and talk to a stranger, I bet things will turn out just fine.

Ah sh*t, well that just about does it for me making friends then.

Just network the sh*t out of people. Meet one person, get introduced to their friends and if you like them, boom, you've got a circle.

Rainbow_Dash
  • Rainbow_Dash

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:55 PM

A name change..Am I the only one thats missing something? I mean..This is a forum, right? A game forum...? I mean..GunWrath can't be your real name..So uhh..Why would Rainbow Dash be my real name? Anyway, like I said..The militarys just a last resort. Like suicide! Peace Corps..I don't know..I mean..It'd be good to go around the world, see how other people live, and help them out. This is all after I get my act together. Maybe go to the doctor, get that mysterious lump checked out they've been badgering me about..Get a haircut, a crappy part time job, start running again..That stuff. I need to prepare myself.

Mr Scratch
  • Mr Scratch

Hungry like the wolf

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:58 PM

Just join the Foreign Legion.

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:07 PM

God damn your story sounds like what happened to an old ex friend of mine. Cept we ditched him. Not so much I can do about it now, I apologized but that's about all I know.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:25 PM

QUOTE (Rainbow_Dash @ Friday, Aug 23 2013, 17:55)
A name change..Am I the only one thats missing something? I mean..This is a forum, right? A game forum...? I mean..GunWrath can't be your real name..So uhh..Why would Rainbow Dash be my real name? Anyway, like I said..The militarys just a last resort. Like suicide! Peace Corps..I don't know..I mean..It'd be good to go around the world, see how other people live, and help them out. This is all after I get my act together. Maybe go to the doctor, get that mysterious lump checked out they've been badgering me about..Get a haircut, a crappy part time job, start running again..That stuff. I need to prepare myself.

GunWrath was an actual nickname of mine.. but Rainbow_Dash man, I mean c'mon dude.. not very manly or bro-like..

'Yo Rainbow, wanna go get some beers?'

sounds way weaker than

'Yo Gun, wanna go get some beers?'

Anyways, I know jack sh*t about Peace Corps but something I sure as sh*t wouldn't want to do. Enjoy that then man.. living in treehouses and all that. Nah, but you're putting too much thought into all this, being social is way easy and making friends is even easier. Just go out, scrape your knees, slap some ass cheeks at a bar, go to the mall, go to a cafe, hell look for a Brony Convention or something.. mingle.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users