» «
Photo

New PC build

5 replies to this topic
marmoo
  • marmoo

Thug

• Members

Posted 23 August 2013 - 06:55 AM Edited by marmoo, 23 August 2013 - 06:58 AM.

Hi All

Looking to build myself a new gaming rig for 800. I did PM Yojo as he has advised me on multiple builds in the past which have always been excellent for the budget but haven't seen him on here for the last week so might be busy

Really want to get parts delivered for tomorrow as it is bank holiday weekend here in the UK this weekend and I can think of nothing better than a new system to celebrate smile.gif

Here is the message I sent him

Hope you are well
Hope you can help me.
You have advised me on multiple PC builds and I am now looking to build PC for myself - Thought I would treat myself after my girlfriend nicked my i7 system

Budget is 800 but can go slightly higher if need be - This budget is for the New PC only
I already have Windows 7 and am buying the new monitor separate from the build.

I would prefer Intel processor to AMD
I usually go AMD for graphics card but am happy to go Nvidia if there is a card within budget which would give me better performance - not fussed really
Need at least 1TB of Harddrive - considering SSD and a seperate HDD because of cost but if you can advise best way forward for this based upon budget it would be appreciated.
Would like 8gig of Ram as a minimum.
On a previous build you advised of a cooler master elite case which was fine but the fact the psu was at the bottom of the case sitting just below the gpu I was concerned re heat combining - If you can advise a case with the psu being place at the top of the case that would be good also

I am a mad gamer when it comes to PC so want to play most new games on highest spec so any advice would be appreciated

I did do a bit of a search on recent topics and saw this one which he advised on recently

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=568865

I live in UK and when I put the option's which he suggested in this topic into scan.co.uk, It came back with final price of 764 which is inside my budget. The difference on the build was I could not find the ASRock H87 Pro4 LGA 1150 Intel H87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard but I did find a similar one

Do you guys think this is the best build for the budget?

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:45 AM

Without going out and doing my own build, yes, that is a great build, However! I have been suggesting this for a while, perhaps you'd like to look at a few other cases though, just for your own benefit.

Other than that though, great build, Good CPU, Powerful GPU.

Also, 9999th post.

marmoo
  • marmoo

Thug

• Members

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:47 AM

9999 Post! Congrats in advance

I went for it and bought exact build except different case (went for a cooler master) and Gigabyte version of Motherboard as no Asrock could be found here on my UK site I use

Arrives tomorrow - very excited

Whiskey
  • Whiskey

Homie

• The Connection

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:34 AM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Friday, Aug 23 2013, 09:45)
Without going out and doing my own build, yes, that is a great build, However! I have been suggesting this for a while, perhaps you'd like to look at a few other cases though, just for your own benefit.

Other than that though, great build, Good CPU, Powerful GPU.

Also, 9999th post.

Maybe a case like the BitFenix Ghost, I've been looking into them and they do look great.

yojo2
  • yojo2

~y

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Poland
  • Best Poster [Tech] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Tech] 2013
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:37 AM

Sorry I didn't reply, I was away for a while. What parts did you go for in the end?

marmoo
  • marmoo

Thug

• Members

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:28 PM

Hey yojo

No apology required. Hope you had a good time smile.gif

I went for everything on the list except I had to go for a Gigabyte Motherboard of same type as no Asrock here for sale at Scan.co.uk. Also I had to go for some Corsair Vengeance ram, same spec, as could not get PNY Ram

Played GTA online this eve for 1st time with new computer and it was amazing. Highest settings, not a drop of lag
What a game this is at max settings

Excellent build for the budget

Sound advice as always . Thank you

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users