Photo

"GTA 4 stopped working" because of mods

5 replies to this topic
TheV3raHawk
  • TheV3raHawk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:13 PM

I have recently installed GTA 4 and just started a new game. After the first Mission I saved the game and went to install some mods. I used OpenIV to install the P-BODY and ATLAS Portal 2 player models and the portal gun. I also used GTA 4 Vehicle Mod Installer to install the Ford Mustang Mach. The game worked perfectly when I started it before but NOW when I click "start game" I will bring up on the bottom right corner "The Cousin Bellic" and when the game is about to start it says "Grand Theft Auto 4 has stopped working". I'm running Windows 7 and I have the exceeded requirements to play the game so don't bring that up. I don't know how to remove the mods and I badly need help. I would like to keep the mods if possible. Thank You!

(If you need further info please tell colgate.gif )

Alihunter
  • Alihunter

Never meant to be so cold...

• Members
  • Iran

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:17 PM

QUOTE (TheV3raHawk @ Thursday, Aug 22 2013, 21:13)
I have recently installed GTA 4 and just started a new game. After the first Mission I saved the game and went to install some mods. I used OpenIV to install the P-BODY and ATLAS Portal 2 player models and the portal gun. I also used GTA 4 Vehicle Mod Installer to install the Ford Mustang Mach. The game worked perfectly when I started it before but NOW when I click "start game" I will bring up on the bottom right corner "The Cousin Bellic" and when the game is about to start it says "Grand Theft Auto 4 has stopped working". I'm running Windows 7 and I have the exceeded requirements to play the game so don't bring that up. I don't know how to remove the mods and I badly need help. I would like to keep the mods if possible. Thank You!

(If you need further info please tell  colgate.gif )

first your specs.
then,what thing you replaced?(I mean FORD and two players.they replace what files in player.img and vehicle.img??)
maybe i can give you the originals.

TheV3raHawk
  • TheV3raHawk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:22 PM Edited by TheV3raHawk, 23 August 2013 - 03:29 PM.

I'm running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit service pack-1 with 4GB (4096m) RAM, NIVIDIA GeForce GT 630 Graphics, AMD A6-3500 with APU Possessor. I know for a fact it does not lag one bit with highest set graphics. The vehicle mod installed it self so i'm not sure where that was placed. I placed the Portal Gun's files in Weapons.img and the two Portal robot files in the Playerped.rtf . Again I used OpenIV to install all portal stuff and the GTA Vehicle Mod Installer for the Mustang. also thank you for your response smile.gif

"I replaced the car it told me to replace. I didn't switch it so there shouldn't have been an error. But you might need to go to GTA mods website and find the car and what it replaces"

ATLAS replaced: m_y_prisonaom.wdd, wft, and wtd
P-Body replaced: m_y_prison.wdd, wft, and wtd

Alihunter
  • Alihunter

• Members
  • Iran

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:20 PM

QUOTE (TheV3raHawk @ Friday, Aug 23 2013, 15:22)
I'm running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit service pack-1 with 4GB (4096m) RAM, NIVIDIA GeForce GT 630 Graphics, AMD A6-3500 with APU Possessor. I know for a fact it does not lag one bit with highest set graphics. The vehicle mod installed it self so i'm not sure where that was placed. I placed the Portal Gun's files in Weapons.img and the two Portal robot files in the Playerped.rtf . Again I used OpenIV to install all portal stuff and the GTA Vehicle Mod Installer for the Mustang. also thank you for your response smile.gif

"I replaced the car it told me to replace. I didn't switch it so there shouldn't have been an error. But you might need to go to GTA mods website and find the car and what it replaces"

ATLAS replaced: m_y_prisonaom.wdd, wft, and wtd
P-Body replaced: m_y_prison.wdd, wft, and wtd

have you tried reinstalling?if you can,do it.and if you cant,do these steps:
you should back to your recent situation.for players,import these file in rar into your players.img:REPLACE THESE
and for gun,you can delete file you have added to your weapon.img .
but for the car,open the archive of car you have downloaded,then PM me files included in rar.
[If you changed the value offiles in common/data(like carcolors.dat)here is original of them.replace them of you changed them:REPLACE THEM 2]

TheV3raHawk
  • TheV3raHawk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 03:15 PM

Ok thank you! Apparently when I was re-installing it on the upper left corner it said "Grand Theft Auto IV v1". So when I re-installed it I just downloaded the 1.0.7.0 patch and installed that. Now WTF would it be giving me an old version..... doesn't matter at least it's fixed. Thank you for telling me to do what wouldn't have helped to see what did help LOL smile.gif . Problem solved thank you Alihunter biggrin.gif

Alihunter
  • Alihunter

• Members
  • Iran

Posted 24 August 2013 - 07:03 PM

QUOTE (TheV3raHawk @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 15:15)
Ok thank you! Apparently when I was re-installing it on the upper left corner it said "Grand Theft Auto IV v1". So when I re-installed it I just downloaded the 1.0.7.0 patch and installed that. Now WTF would it be giving me an old version..... doesn't matter at least it's fixed. Thank you for telling me to do what wouldn't have helped to see what did help LOL smile.gif . Problem solved thank you Alihunter biggrin.gif

you're welcome!!!!! lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users