Photo

GTA 5 mods

9 replies to this topic
lhreetegs
  • lhreetegs

genius

• Members

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:38 PM

I hope rockstar dont allow people to cheat on multiplayer like they did on IV.... it ruined everything. There were times when you couldn't even shoot people, going into free mode and being set on fire by someone who had a modded gta. Rockstar shouldnt let this happen in V.

Distrom
  • Distrom

Sodom

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:44 PM

Sicne W* will be constantly updating GTA Online, Im sure they will have a good working system for cheaters along with a anti assholes system.

NorthwindJME
  • NorthwindJME

Your Getaway Driver

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:47 PM

lol @ your typo, Wockstar eh. tounge2.gif I can only hope that their anti-cheat system actually stops any modding of the online game.

Prywante
  • Prywante

:)

• Members

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:56 PM

Keep dreaming tounge.gif

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:13 PM

I have yet to see these hackers and cheaters that people seem to find every other game.

But IIRC they're implementing the cheater pool system from MP3, as well as other anti-cheating/hacking methods, so I@m sure you don't have much to worry about.

WalterS_LV
  • WalterS_LV

One ticket to LS please

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:19 PM

I am going to try GTAO for a month if the modders and hceater will start to become a huge problem I won`t be playing. But somehow I feel that R* will beat the crap out of cheaters, because look at how R* is pushing this Online feature. It`s not just "Here is our brand new awesome GTA and here is GTA Online if you feel like playing with your friends " No! they are going in saying "Here is our awesome GTA, but wait there is more! You can also play it online with all your friends and have a unique gaming experience with millions of activities! Have a blast!". They are putting a huge effort in this GTa Online thing that I doubt that they will let every 12yo run around with god mode and stuff. I belive that they will have a system in place similar to 3arc system in BO2 that if you modify game files the server bans you on spot with no mercy. So if you don`t plan on using some mods or something you are all good.

Nobitos
  • Nobitos

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:05 PM Edited by Nobitos, 22 August 2013 - 06:18 PM.

I hope they'll add some function (at some point) to go on private server with some friends and use mods (building ramps and other funny stuff) there. Ofc you can't get any money, rp or any other advantages you gained there to yourself. In IV the most fun i had was fking around with mods biggrin.gif

But yeah, hopefully in online there wont be any modders.

SausageInACan
  • SausageInACan

كافر

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:55 PM

Guys, there will be modders but R* will find them and they will probably have like a two week ban. Honestly I hope mods will come out but I hope that assholes won't get them.

DrAnomalous
  • DrAnomalous

Disfavored Veracity

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:42 PM

Hopefully mods and cheaters will be thrown in a pool like they did with Max Payne 3. Wouldn't mind it if they threw griefers in there too.

http://www.rockstarg...ax-payne-3.html

SwitchBladeJones
  • SwitchBladeJones

Playa

• Members

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:54 PM Edited by SwitchBladeJones, 22 August 2013 - 08:02 PM.

Rockstar Games is aware of the problem. GTAIV was their first official attempt at multiplayer so I cut them a lot of slack for the series of issues the game had. For example, I thought Cops n Crooks was a really fun gametype. The only problem was after a while everybody memorized the spawn points for the getaway vehicles. It completely ruined the game. For GTAO they'll be making adjustments all the time because of the system they'll have setup. This is incredibly exciting. They know the downsides of what they did before and working on improving the game. It's things like this that set Rockstar Games apart from the developers of COD who let their game get more and more insipid with each release and not goal themselves at making monumental improvements with each iteration. GTAO will be a living game world.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users