» «
Photo

Google/Asus Nexus 7 Issue

No replies to this topic
ll rdny ll
  • ll rdny ll

Master of the Bitchfit

• Members

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:57 AM Edited by rodneythesavior, 22 August 2013 - 09:08 AM.

Last year, around December, I bought a Nexus 7 tablet. It was great, I've never had a tablet before and i was amazed at what I was missing by avoiding them.

Well about 3 months ago, I needed to drive out of town. I wanted to bring my tablet, but the battery was almost dead. So, not thinking anything of it at the time, I plugged it into my car A/C charger and embarked on my journey. Upon arriving at my destination, I noticed that my battery life was the same as it was when I left home about an hour ago. No biggie, right? The plug probably slipped from the port at some point early in the trip, happens all the time.

I plug it in, and leave it alone. Later, when I get home, I notice that my tablet is dead. I was too tired to worry about it, so I plugged it in and went to sleep.

A week later, I noticed that my battery was getting low again, so I plug it in, and continue about my day. This is where the important stuff comes in. About 2 hours later, I picked up the tablet, and its battery was lower than it was when I plugged it in. Freaking out, I power cycled, restored factory settings, tried the stock charger, everything the internet could suggest. I tried everything short of setting the damned thing on fire and smashing it with a hammer.

After a few months, I can't do it anymore. I need my tablet, as it's the only alarm clock i have, and no store near me sells one that doesn't run on batteries. I need to be able to charge it while I sleep. Below I will list all of the things I've done/tried. If you can help out at all, I will be forever in your debt.

TL;DR
Nexus 7 crapped out, won't charge when turned on. Won't connect to PC. Will only charge when powered down. Need Help

A list of things I've tried:

• Repeated Power-Cycling - Got the battery charging screen to come on while the power is off, but that's it.
• Tried plugging in with the power cables the Tablet came with - Nothing
• Popped off the back panel, checked the battery connection/charger port - everything's all good inside.
• Restored to factory settings - So pissed about this one, nothing.

Warranty is void after 6 Months, and if it wasn't.. it is now that I've popped off the back panel..
Edit: Also, If i have the power cable plugged in when I power down, it doesn't charge then either. I have to make sure the tablet is powered down before i plug it in..

Again, any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users