Gangwars Confirmed

26 replies to this topic
Eutyphro
  • Eutyphro

the night we called it a day

• Members
  • Mauritius

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:24 AM

According to a topic in the news section Playstation Brazil magazine has confirmed gangwars for Franklin. I'm very happy to see this feature return from games like San Andreas, The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony (drugwars).

How will you pop your ballas? With an AK or maybe a minigun? Or will you light them on fire with a molotov cocktail? And what is more delightful than shooting a Vago in the head from long distance?

ill-thoughts
  • ill-thoughts

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:26 AM

Gang Wars AND Turf Wars??? or just Gang Wars???

i just hope its actually a Challenge and it isnt as easy as LOTD's gang wars. you could pretty much smoke all those fools by yourself without getting off your bike.

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:28 AM

It's not confirmed that the gang wars will be anything like the turf wars or drug wars from the previous games. For all we know, they could just be story/mission based.

Eutyphro
  • Eutyphro

• Members
  • Mauritius

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:29 AM

QUOTE (bish0p2004 @ Thursday, Aug 22 2013, 01:28)
It's not confirmed that the gang wars will be anything like the turf wars or drug wars from the previous games. For all we know, they could just be story/mission based.

It's confirmed as a side mission. So sorry, you are incorrect.

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:31 AM

QUOTE (gtaxpert @ Thursday, Aug 22 2013, 01:29)
It's not confirmed that the gang wars will be anything like the turf wars or drug wars from the previous games.  For all we know, they could just be story/mission based.

Where's the source?

Veul
  • Veul

BAWSAQ Representative

• Members

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:32 AM

If this is in than I am SO getting a huge coach bus and just putting all my boys in there and go round town doing drive by's!

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:33 AM

QUOTE (bish0p2004 @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 21:31)
It's not confirmed that the gang wars will be anything like the turf wars or drug wars from the previous games.  For all we know, they could just be story/mission based.

Where's the source?

did you not read the OP. Brazil magazine in the news section

Eutyphro
  • Eutyphro

• Members
  • Mauritius

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:35 AM

QUOTE (bish0p2004 @ Thursday, Aug 22 2013, 01:31)

Where's the source?

- Franklin missions will be Wars Gangs and racing

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=571042
Which if you name it along with racing, which definitely sounds like a side mission, it has to be a side mission 99.99999%. Something so close to a hundred percent equals confirmed.
QUOTE (ill-thoughts @ Thursday, Aug 22 2013, 01:26)

i just hope its actually a Challenge and it isnt as easy as LOTD's gang wars. you could pretty much smoke all those fools by yourself without getting off your bike.

Turf wars not yet confirmed.. But it would make sense for us to be able to pick the gang we fight and that it would be Turf related.

TLaD got harder each gang war. You probably never reached gang war 200 because that was some crazy sh*t.

NEONPOWER2
  • NEONPOWER2

███ The Last Genius ███

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:39 AM

please ... i will just steam roll over them with that beast

user posted image

fridaynightscream
  • fridaynightscream

Just an average gamer.

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:41 AM

I'll get in a car, drive to some gang territories, get behind cover, blast a few ballas, then get in my car and try to get away from the cops and the ballas.

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:53 AM

QUOTE (gtaxpert @ Thursday, Aug 22 2013, 01:35)
QUOTE (bish0p2004 @ Thursday, Aug 22 2013, 01:31)

Where's the source?

- Franklin missions will be Wars Gangs and racing

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=571042
Which if you name it along with racing, which definitely sounds like a side mission, it has to be a side mission 99.99999%. Something so close to a hundred percent equals confirmed.
QUOTE (ill-thoughts @ Thursday, Aug 22 2013, 01:26)

Turf wars not yet confirmed.. But it would make sense for us to be able to pick the gang we fight and that it would be Turf related.

TLaD got harder each gang war. You probably never reached gang war 200 because that was some crazy sh*t.

I'm sorry but that doesn't confirm it. This could mean a lot of his story missions will revolve around racing and gang wars. Unfortunately, I'm looking for clear concise meanings to this stuff because things do tend to get taken out of context a lot of times. If it had said "Side Missions," then yeah, I would agree with you.

As of now, it does not state that, so I'm going to be skeptical of it's inclusion in the game as a side activity....but that's just me not getting my hopes up.

basteroid
  • basteroid

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:00 AM

QUOTE (bish0p2004 @ Thursday, Aug 22 2013, 01:53)
but that's just me not getting my hopes up.

Good idea.

Monty Mantis
  • Monty Mantis

Resident F*ckin' Professional

• Members

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:01 AM

Honestly, I'm not sure if I trust that magazine. Dunno why.

BUT HEY! More great and fun content, I hope the missions are infinent.

Eutyphro
  • Eutyphro

• Members
  • Mauritius

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:03 AM

QUOTE (bish0p2004 @ Thursday, Aug 22 2013, 01:53)
I'm sorry but that doesn't confirm it. This could mean a lot of his story missions will revolve around racing and gang wars. Unfortunately, I'm looking for clear concise meanings to this stuff because things do tend to get taken out of context a lot of times. If it had said "Side Missions," then yeah, I would agree with you.

As of now, it does not state that, so I'm going to be skeptical of it's inclusion in the game as a side activity....but that's just me not getting my hopes up.

So isn't racing confirmed as a side mission? IV had racing. San Andreas had racing. I can't see GTA V not having racing as a side mission. If you look at the statement in context gang wars are confirmed. I get the nit pickyness, but in the end I give it zero chance it's not included. I'd bet money on it if I could.

It would be dope if a Brazilian would read the magazine for us..

dp415263
  • dp415263

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:23 AM

Ugh I hated gang wars in San Andreas, so freakin annoying.

justin428
  • justin428

Costanza!!

• Members

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:33 AM

Since I'm retarded, I dont feel too stupid asking whats the difference between turf wars and gang wars?

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:36 AM

sarcasm.gif

Eutyphro
  • Eutyphro

• Members
  • Mauritius

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:56 AM

QUOTE (justin428 @ Thursday, Aug 22 2013, 02:33)
Since I'm retarded, I dont feel too stupid asking whats the difference between turf wars and gang wars?

During turf wars you take over a turf. During gang wars you just kill a bunch guys but you don't take over anything.

clax302
  • clax302

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:05 AM

This would be cool, however if we can do this online it'd be way cooler. Especially if we could get two crews 8v8 while in free roam gangbangin it out in the ghetto. I hope to see some balla crews even though i know there will be plenty of grove street ones online.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:19 AM

QUOTE (NEONPOWER2 @ Thursday, Aug 22 2013, 01:39)
please ... i will just steam roll over them with that beast

user posted image

If bulletproofing is one of the vehicle customization options (like it is in real life LA), I think I will be armoring up my big-ass truck and rolling over some Ballas also. smile.gif

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:20 AM

Already been confirmed you can armor cars at LS customs

justin428
  • justin428

Costanza!!

• Members

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:24 AM

QUOTE (gtaxpert @ Thursday, Aug 22 2013, 02:56)
QUOTE (justin428 @ Thursday, Aug 22 2013, 02:33)

During turf wars you take over a turf. During gang wars you just kill a bunch guys but you don't take over anything.

thanks

jsaba2018
  • jsaba2018

LK XBOX CLIQUE OG

• Members

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:28 AM Edited by jsaba2018, 22 August 2013 - 03:32 AM.

I want the gang wars to be random, sometimes we get involved sometimes the rival gangs AI blast on each other without us starting it, like random shootouts and drivebys in the hood.

I hate the fact we have to start every gang war, why can't the AI do It as a dynamic event for once f*ck me, it would be nice
To be walking through the hood then you see a drive by or a massive gang shootout, adds to the vibrancy and danger.

Also they don't have to stick around after the shootout for the police like they do in IV, they should run away so when police get there they see nothing but bullet holes/empty bullet cartridges or a dead body or two on the street

Omar777i
  • Omar777i

☆☆★★★

• Members

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:15 AM

QUOTE (jsaba2018 @ Thursday, Aug 22 2013, 03:28)
I want the gang wars to be random, sometimes we get involved sometimes the rival gangs AI blast on each other without us starting it, like random shootouts and drivebys in the hood.

I hate the fact we have to start every gang war, why can't the AI do It as a dynamic event for once f*ck me, it would be nice
To be walking through the hood then you see a drive by or a massive gang shootout, adds to the vibrancy and danger.

Also they don't have to stick around after the shootout for the police like they do in IV, they should run away so when police get there they see nothing but bullet holes/empty bullet cartridges or a dead body or two on the street

This! icon14.gif

DeadZombie
  • DeadZombie

Sons Of Ditka - Leader

• Members

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:19 AM

QUOTE (lazloisdavrock @ Thursday, Aug 22 2013, 01:33)
QUOTE (bish0p2004 @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 21:31)

Where's the source?

did you not read the OP. Brazil magazine in the news section

thee most annoying thing are people that arent on top of this sh*t and ask for a source when we all know its true...

ill-thoughts
  • ill-thoughts

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:37 AM

in SA, if your neighborhood bordered a ballers hood, ballers and grovers would shoot at eachother in the street. i cant count how many times itd be behind CJ's moms house by that corner store and ballers would just run over out of nowhere and start shooting....matter of fact, that entire street even by the Gym would sometimes spawn ballers and there would be a gun fight between greens and purples every in-game hour. i cant imagine why R* would tone this down unless theyre REALLY trying to push the idea that gang banging isnt as big as it use to be....which would ultimately mean Less Lively streets and more segregated areas of ballers and grovers being farther away from eachother??? if they did that, i could understand but i guess we'll see.

jsaba2018
  • jsaba2018

LK XBOX CLIQUE OG

• Members

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:39 AM Edited by jsaba2018, 22 August 2013 - 04:44 AM.

QUOTE (ill-thoughts @ Thursday, Aug 22 2013, 04:37)

in SA, if your neighborhood bordered a ballers hood, ballers and grovers would shoot at eachother in the street. i cant count how many times itd be behind CJ's moms house by that corner store and ballers would just run over out of nowhere and start shooting....matter of fact, that entire street even by the Gym would sometimes spawn ballers and there would be a gun fight between greens and purples every in-game hour. i cant imagine why R* would tone this down unless theyre REALLY trying to push the idea that gang banging isnt as big as it use to be....which would ultimately mean Less Lively streets and more segregated areas of ballers and grovers being farther away from eachother??? if they did that, i could understand but i guess we'll see.

bro SA was outrageous with its random shootouts lol, im talking maybe a shooting or shootout every 3 times you turn on the xbox to play, or maybe every 3-5 in game days? even that is still to quick, but it is gta. I just hope we dont have to have a mission every time we want a shootout with the ballas, i want them to come looking for us or other grove members and shoot at us or our AI in franky's hood and for grove members to randomly drive by and shootout with them WITHOUT OUR HELP

imagine seeing grove bangers getting in a car after one of the homies just got killed and you hear them saying "nah f*ck that f*ck that we gon let these n**gas have it", then following them and seeing them do a random drive by on ballas as payback, that would be beautiful

and when the ballas do random drive by shootings i dont want them to just stay there and shoot at you, spray the area then get the f*ck out, thats a bad habit the ai had in gta iv, the ai would stay until police came and shoot them too, totally unrealistic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users