13 replies to this topic
BoMBeRMeN
  • BoMBeRMeN

Cpt. Obvious

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:27 PM

Hey all,

Has there been any word about censorship yet? I know about the age ratings, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they won't be censored.
For example, Sleeping Dogs has been censored in all countries except Japan, Russia and Germany (afaik.)
I really do hope that it doesn't mean that my dutch version of GTA V will be censored just like Sleeping Dogs.

Cheers for any replies.

girothefiro
  • girothefiro

O.G.

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:28 PM

QUOTE (BoMBeRMeN @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 21:27)
Hey all,

Has there been any word about censorship yet? I know about the age ratings, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they won't be censored.
For example, Sleeping Dogs has been censored in all countries except Japan, Russia and Germany (afaik.)
I really do hope that it doesn't mean that my dutch version of GTA V will be censored just like Sleeping Dogs.

Cheers for any replies.

As long as we don't have the TLOU MP fiasco ill be happy.

Never knew 'Sleeping Dogs' had any cuts though monocle.gif

BoMBeRMeN
  • BoMBeRMeN

Cpt. Obvious

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:31 PM

It does, it's a bit confusing where it got censored though. One page says Germany and Japan, and the other one says that those are the only two countries that didn't get a censorship. Strange.
Just hope it doesn't happen with GTA V.

girothefiro
  • girothefiro

O.G.

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:35 PM

God of War Ascension & TLOU are the only recent games I heard of with the issue.

Reading that 'Sleeping Dogs' was censored is very worrying as I played the uncut version and can't think of anything even mildly controversial imo.

TheRealBars
  • TheRealBars

Getaway Driver

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:41 PM

QUOTE (BoMBeRMeN @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 21:31)
It does, it's a bit confusing where it got censored though. One page says Germany and Japan, and the other one says that those are the only two countries that didn't get a censorship. Strange.
Just hope it doesn't happen with GTA V.

Only Japan and Germany for Sleeping Dogs.

GTA V - If censored at all will only be in Australia and Germany Afaik.

Banned in certain parts of the middle east.

Seeing your from holland you got nothing to worry, they don't ban or censor games there.

M0bius
  • M0bius

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE (BoMBeRMeN @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 21:27)

Germany tends to be on the side of more censorship due to their limitations of violence portrayed in media. I know Japan is similar in many ways. Seems to be that most other European countries as well as Canada and the states are light on censorship if it happens at all. I know that it only occurs if the studio wishes to duck to a lower age classification, but I doubt Rockstar is expecting anything below a 17+ anyways.

It has already been stated that full frontal nudity, drug use, and dismemberment are present in some capacity based on the current classification run with the ESRB (which has granted an M rating). If that exists, then I'm sure nothing is being censored.

-Eddie-
  • -Eddie-

Respect list?

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:51 PM

I am a little concerned that other regions (NA, AU, NZ, DE) have been rated but PEGI have yet to rate it. Hopefully they're just a little behind the other ratings boards rather than telling R* what changes must be made.

Freezer89
  • Freezer89

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:54 PM

QUOTE (TheRealBars @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 23:41)

GTA V - If censored at all will only be in Australia and Germany Afaik.

You seem to have missed the news.. in both countries it will be uncensored. Just today it was confirmed for Germany.. and last week or so for Australia.

OT: You mean, "Sleeping Dogs has been uncensored in all countries except..." must be a typo, right? Yes, in Germany the game (SD) is censored/cut.

In Netherlands it (GTA V) obviously will be uncut as well.. no reason why there should be a change now. They use PEGI, right?

TaviColen123
  • TaviColen123

Trollhater

• BUSTED!
  • Romania

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:57 PM

QUOTE (-Eddie- @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 21:51)
I am a little concerned that other regions (NA, AU, NZ, DE) have been rated but PEGI have yet to rate it. Hopefully they're just a little behind the other ratings boards rather than telling R* what changes must be made.

It is already rated pegi 18 .

-Eddie-
  • -Eddie-

Respect list?

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:00 PM

QUOTE (TaviColen123 @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 21:57)

Got a link for that? I've been looking around but haven't found a solid source on it anywhere (including searching PEGI website).

Freezer89
  • Freezer89

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:05 PM

QUOTE (-Eddie- @ Thursday, Aug 22 2013, 00:00)
QUOTE (TaviColen123 @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 21:57)

Got a link for that? I've been looking around but haven't found a solid source on it anywhere (including searching PEGI website).

He probably was referring to the trailers.. where it's rated PEGI 18. Either way it should be obvious that it will be the same for the final product. Has any GTA (or R* game.. except Manhunt of course) ever been denied by PEGI and been cut?

Dan50
  • Dan50

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:42 PM

Manhunt was never banned or censored by PEGI, infact Manhunt 2 would have gotten released UNCUT with a PEGI 18 rating but R* decided on one world wide censored version. Also PEGI doesn't censor content just gives it a rating. :) Although GTA V was recently released in Japan I am tryin got see if anything was cut in that version. IIRC GTA 3, VC, SA and IV were censored there.

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:25 PM

QUOTE (BoMBeRMeN @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 21:27) For example, Sleeping Dogs has been censored in all countries except Japan, Russia and Germany (afaik.)

Germany tends to be on the side of more censorship due to their limitations of violence portrayed in media. I know Japan is similar in many ways. Seems to be that most other European countries as well as Canada and the states are light on censorship if it happens at all. I know that it only occurs if the studio wishes to duck to a lower age classification, but I doubt Rockstar is expecting anything below a 17+ anyways.

It has already been stated that full frontal nudity, drug use, and dismemberment are present in some capacity based on the current classification run with the ESRB (which has granted an M rating). If that exists, then I'm sure nothing is being censored.

The only negatives to an adult only rating (which they didnt have because you saw commercials) is that you cant advertise an adult only game at all.. so 99.9% of the time its a kiss of death for a game.. to not even be able to tell anyone its coming.

GTA is different, even without commercials people would have known.

Fit
  • Fit

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:45 AM

It would be cool if the game shipped would a toggleable censorship option much like Gears of War & other games.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users