Photo

Long trips resolved

6 replies to this topic
Riding shotgun
  • Riding shotgun

Burn till I cant burn no more

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:24 PM

This isn't anything groundbreaking but I am just saying for the people who don't like the long drives in SA; drive on the train tracks!! One track leads in from SF by the garage(mission Snail Trail) into middle of LS And another where you used it on "wrong side of the tracks" which goes up into LV making its way to the airstrip. No traffic and hardly ever have to slow down or w.e.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:23 AM

Funny you should mention that. I've been doing that (cross country driving too) since I found that sticking to the roads isn't necessary. I never gave it a thought that others weren't doing it to.
I also frequently go to the SF Airport for the Maverick 'copter for the long round trips (to pickup Molotov Cocktails, et cetera).

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:21 AM

Well, who doesn't sometimes drive on the tracks.
But you don't need to drive. If you see a Brown Streak at a station, you can travel with it as passenger to the next station.

EDSTEROK
  • EDSTEROK

Going to Los Santos

• Members

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:24 PM

I use the tracks to find my way back. Im terrible at remembering my way around whatsthat.gif

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:32 PM Edited by lil weasel, 23 August 2013 - 06:43 PM.

QUOTE (OG Viking @ Thursday, Aug 22 2013, 10:21)
But you don't need to drive. If you see a Brown Streak at a station, you can travel with it as passenger to the next station.

Like all trains, they don't stop for hitchhikers, and they don't always go to the final destination. (Great movies, those!)

Final Destination (film series) icon14.gif

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:31 AM

I notice the Clover & Sanchez handle the best on the tracks.

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE (EDSTEROK @ Thursday, Aug 22 2013, 17:24)
I use the tracks to find my way back. Im terrible at remembering my way around  whatsthat.gif

LOLOL! I'm not making fun of you, but your comment is so funny. I remember when I didn't find my way around the city. At first I almost could not find the Johnson House and if I didn't have a map I would be lost when I stood on the wrong side of the Johnson House. lol.gif

But there's not many places you can go to if you need to follow the tracks....

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Thursday, Aug 22 2013, 17:32)
QUOTE (OG Viking @ Thursday, Aug 22 2013, 10:21)

Like all trains, they don't stop for hitchhikers, and they don't always go to the final destination. (Great movies, those!)

But if you happen to be at a station at the right time, you can travel as passenger. It's funny to try it if you didn't know it was possible. Not recommended as standard transportation though.
Freight trains do take hitchhikers if you manage to get on it...

I don't know what movies you have in mind.

QUOTE (King Andreas @ Friday, Aug 23 2013, 09:31)
I notice the Clover & Sanchez handle the best on the tracks.

They handle well and goes reasonably fast, but also some of the few heavier vehicles that has suspension handle well on the tracks. But vehicles with hard suspension (Towtruck + most heavy vehicles) wont' get you anywhere. They're so terrible on tracks it's ridiculous.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users