Photo

Vice City Stories ps3 differences compared to ps2

9 replies to this topic
vicemann
  • vicemann

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:35 PM

hi i am wondering for those that have played the ps3 version of vice city stories, are there any deleted scenes, vehicles, weapons, characters, dialogue etc

any crashes, problems, issues or improvements or even new things added?

in particular are all the songs still included in the ps3 version or are there songs not included like what happened in the vice city ps3 version?

thanks

Nukey Shay
  • Nukey Shay

Trick

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:49 PM

The console version has a few more stunt jumps than the portable version (and a couple of balloons moved). Apart from that, I dunno.

Darth_Starkiller
  • Darth_Starkiller

Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:46 PM

It is the same as the PS2 VCS, just 720p. By the way, remember the PS2 VCS has more rampages, stunt jumps, buyable vehicles and side missions than the PSP version.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:20 PM

San Andreas onwards Rockstar treated the licenses a bit differently, meaning they we're prepared for future use and releases this time, unlike the contracts they had for III and VC.

In regards to VCS, yes, every song is still there as it was in your region. What do I mean by that, well VCS had a license issue with ONE song between the NA and EU release, so it was removed, the song was "Sex (I'm a...)" by Berlin and was on Wave 103, this was removed from EU versions of the game back during the original PSP and PS2 release and even now the version on the EU PSN is the one without this song, the NA PSN version does have this song just like the original release.

For anyone interested, in VCS PC, we used the NA radio files, so the song is available on our version to. smile.gif
  • Rolando Arroyo likes this

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:01 PM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 18:20)
San Andreas onwards Rockstar treated the licenses a bit differently, meaning they we're prepared for future use and releases this time, unlike the contracts they had for III and VC.

In regards to VCS, yes, every song is still there as it was in your region. What do I mean by that, well VCS had a license issue with ONE song between the NA and EU release, so it was removed, the song was "Sex (I'm a...)" by Berlin and was on Wave 103, this was removed from EU versions of the game back during the original PSP and PS2 release and even now the version on the EU PSN is the one without this song, the NA PSN version does have this song just like the original release.

For anyone interested, in VCS PC, we used the NA radio files, so the song is available on our version to. smile.gif

Could this have anything to do with why EFLC doesn't have songs from GTA IV, and the three EFLC only radio stations were not added to GTA IV?

Darth_Starkiller
  • Darth_Starkiller

Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:10 PM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 20:01)
QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 18:20)

Could this have anything to do with why EFLC doesn't have songs from GTA IV, and the three EFLC only radio stations were not added to GTA IV?

This happened because R* wanted radio not to be boring after playing three different storylines with them. Also, IV's soundtrack wasn't exactly the best.

vicemann
  • vicemann

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:00 PM

thanks for responding everyone, particularly Ash_735 for your very informative post

so it appears vice city stories psn version for ps3 does not have the issues of the kind that vice city psn for ps3 has...such as missing vehicles and planes or distorted ambulance radio, or crashing

i wonder why vice city psn had so many issues but vice city stories psn is fine?

good to know all music is intact from the ps2 version for vice city stories

Backfire6
  • Backfire6

༼ຈل͜ຈ༽

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:07 AM

No. It is identical, and only a virtual port. No difference what so ever.
And it's not a ps3 version, it's just the ps2 version.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:21 PM

No. It is identical, and only a virtual port. No difference what so ever.
And it's not a ps3 version, it's just the ps2 version.

Actually, the PS3 version is a lot better, as there is A LOT less lag and stuttering then there was on the PS2...Also, the picture is a lot clearer on the PS3 version, as I can see the radar and map a lot better, whereas on PS2 I found myself having to squint to see those things. 

Eventhough I am not too far into the story on PS3, I have done pretty much all available side missions and have done all 99 balloons already and on the third mission. I have completed the game on PS2 however-almost a 100% on that version-just a few things left to do on it (Storyline line is done on PS2 though). More info coming...

occono
  • occono

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:01 AM Edited by occono, 30 September 2013 - 01:02 AM.

This is also why they're not on iOS even though III and VC have sold well there, and the stories were designed for portability. 

I hope the exclusivity expires sometime. :/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users