Spotify

6 replies to this topic
Souths CraZe
  • Souths CraZe

Home boy

• Members
  • France

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:30 PM

Just started using this. Its f*cking brilliant. Haven't got much followers on it. But its handy for me to listen to some nice mix-tapes or even albums I wouldn't be able to get other wise.

What do you guys think?

D4 Damager
  • D4 Damager

Listening to the Mandolin Rain...

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:38 PM

I pay for spotify so that I can stream music through my phone wherever I am in the world -- a fantastic service.

If you want to find some decent mixtapes and stuff like that then I would suggest mixcloud. It's like soundcloud but it's designed for the upload of sets rather than individual songs. It's particularly good if you're into house/dub/chillout/jazz or any of their derivatives as you can find all sorts of stuff there. smile.gif

bread
  • bread

Nutrition Facts not needed

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:53 PM

I love it, but when it comes to finding music that's more suitable to my liking's Pandora always seems to take the cake.

Spotify did however help me find Silversun Pickups, which is now one of my favorite bands.

Cheat
  • Cheat

the only people for me are the mad ones

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:55 PM

QUOTE (Mockage @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 19:53)
Spotify did however help me find Silversun Pickups, which is now one of my favorite bands.

I discovered them through Spotify radio as well. I love the radio feature, it has helped me find a lot of good new music.

I've been using Spotify for about a year now and ever since I upgraded to premium it has become my number one source for streaming music not having to listen to commercials anymore, saving a lot of space on my phone and being able to take my music on the road - even to places with practically no network, thanks to offline playlists. Like I said, I have the radio feature to thank for finding a lot of good music and the social features are pretty sweet as well. It's also nice to see that more bands are joining the movement - Pink Floyd and Metallica, for instance, recently had their music added.

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Dealux (Πvar.ΣΓ01122599)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:29 PM

I think music should be listened to in the highest quality available. Streaming services generally offer lossy audio quality and you don't actually own the music. I can't really find any positive aspect about it except accessibility, but I could have that on a portable device without even needing an internet connection.

bread
  • bread

Nutrition Facts not needed

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:30 PM

QUOTE (_____ @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 15:29)
I think music should be listened to in the highest quality available. Streaming services generally offer lossy audio quality and you don't actually own the music. I can't really find any positive aspect about it except accessibility, but I could have that on a portable device without even needing an internet connection.

True, but the option to listen to literally almost any kind of music you want to listen while on the road is pretty much a delight, don't you think? I for one will try anything and listen to new things, and Spotify & Pandora help me with that. Two fantastic services that serve a great purpose. To be honest I don't know where I'd be without them, they serve as a - or should I say the premier option for finding new music. Spotify and Pandora have helped me find several artists that I listen to on a daily basis including the re iterated Silversun Pickups, Explosions in the Sky, The Pixies, Spoon, M83 etc.

Spotify offers high audio quality songs by the way. I haven't noticed any lousy quality whatsoever, and I'm using the free version. I might just pay for the premium though, it seems like it's worth it.

flitcroft101
  • flitcroft101

wat

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:31 PM

I pay for premium, I stream games daily and it's so useful for that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users