Photo

Dedicated servers

5 replies to this topic
Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:25 PM

Hey guys, do you think its possible that GTAV will have dedicated serves we can chose from?

It'd be really nice if GTAforums could host their own servers and have them heavily monitored so we can enjoy a friendly shared experience with every helping everyone. I would love to play GTAO the way it is supposed to be played.

I have played a lot of online games, and if there is one thing i know about online gaming is people really don't give a sh*t.

I know that a lot of you want the same, shared, friendly and overall nice experience when playing GTAO, so what better way than to have a server just for the people here at gtaforums, where everyone knows everyone and people know who the trolls are?

twigs2001
  • twigs2001

Homie

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:08 PM

Hope not, don't want asshole admins and kids kicking people because they got owned.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Go eat your mom's ass

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:35 PM

QUOTE (twigs2001 @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 17:08)
Hope not, don't want asshole admins and kids kicking people because they got owned.

This. It's pretty bad in BF3 I heard.

Zeta87
  • Zeta87

Street Cat

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:08 AM Edited by Zeta87, 22 August 2013 - 05:13 AM.

QUOTE (twigs2001 @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 18:08)

Ehm, this yet happens without dedicated servers...

With dedicated servers: find servers where admins are not assholes, but mature people: all fine.

And it's most likely to find mature admins with dedicated servers because they are playing to rent a server so they care about their server and want people to play on their server.

One good example? "Oh My Strogg" server for "Enemy Territory: Quake Wars" ( game ).

Main advantage of dedicated servers: you can connect to low ping servers and other people's lag don't affect your lag/connection.

Oh, it's even harder to hack.

Dedicated servers are reference groups as well.

Edit: cheaters/harassing people actually can be BANNED from a server and they won't be able to connect there anymore.

On Topic: unfortunately, i highly doubt this is going to happen...

SausageInACan
  • SausageInACan

كافر

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:12 AM

QUOTE (DarkKingBernard @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 16:35)

Yes, it happens all of the time.

Here is a video:

Zeta87
  • Zeta87

Street Cat

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:15 AM

QUOTE (SausageInACan @ Thursday, Aug 22 2013, 07:12)
QUOTE (DarkKingBernard @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 16:35)

Yes, it happens all of the time.

Here is a video:

Don't you realise this mostly happens with free not dedicated servers where admins are random people each time and you probably don't know if they are mature or not?

BTW: do you see his ping? 50 freaking awesome ms! Dream about it in GTA V if you're not the host with your lame loved P2P system.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users