Photo

Can you hire other people online?

6 replies to this topic
hleb
  • hleb

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:59 PM

I know you can buy stocks, properties and cars online so i assume some online players would have accumulated more money than others over time. I think it would be cool if you could hire online players to do jobs for you, like bodyguards or bouncers who protect your property while you hang out inside with your mates or even hire players to take care of the trolls who try to sabotage races etc.

What do you guys think?

johnwontscore
  • johnwontscore

aka Dr Ripper

• Members
  • England

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:12 PM

QUOTE (hleb @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 13:59)
I know you can buy stocks, properties and cars online so i assume some online players would have accumulated more money than others over time. I think it would be cool if you could hire online players to do jobs for you, like bodyguards or bouncers who protect your property while you hang out inside with your mates or even hire players to take care of the trolls who try to sabotage races etc.

What do you guys think?

If you could do that, just as easily you might have to pay protection money to keep people off your back.

minieye
  • minieye

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:24 PM

It does make sense that you would be able to, even just for the sake of RP; you can share money, etc. I bet there will eventually be (GTAO) certain fee standards that are created (since GtaV is emulating real life in terms of the economy), so like if you did need someone to kill another player for you so you don't have to get your hands dirty or don't want the victim to know it's you, your gunman would be like "Yea that'll be 15 up front and 15 after I retire the target". Idk, oh man I just love speculating on this game.

Honest Bill
  • Honest Bill

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:30 PM

Yes you can transfer money and weapons to other players

SwitchBladeJones
  • SwitchBladeJones

Playa

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:45 PM

That sounds awesome. I really hope you can pay players to help you and pay others to leave you alone. Also, hiring players to do tasks for you sounds great. I would be generous in the money I pay players. However, I don't see what the incentive is to work for someone else when you can probably make money on your own. I imagine players will gravitate towards the easiest, highest paying activities, and the one's that are most fun. I could see after completing a big mission, being confronted by someone who wants to take you out for the money you just earned, and end up paying them a bribe to leave you alone. This may be a quick way to make money for a lot of players. The game will need a good social structure built in to encourage working together to get higher payouts. If you are rolling solo the GTAO world will probably be risky to you.

The game will be very fast paced, with a lot of competing objectives. We may find ourselves being taken out after missions more often than we would like, because there are a lot of players. I wonder if there will be an option to have 16 members of a crew on a map at a time. This would make the world risk free from other players. Although, always playing that way is sort of the equivalent to turning Los Santos into your own personal commune. Having the risk of other players outside your crew on your map may add a different level of social interaction that makes the game more challenging, but at the same time less fun for certain players.

minieye
  • minieye

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:26 PM

QUOTE (SwitchBladeJones @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 14:45)
If you are rolling solo the GTAO world will probably be risky to you.

Remember that there is Passive mode and I'm sure it's seamless. As you said further into your post, yeah you can probably get a full 16 of your non-hostile buddies in a server or a private match of some kind.

Andrew-23
  • Andrew-23

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:17 PM

Rockstar said you can hire NPC's to help you out on missions when you don't have any friends online to help you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users