Photo

SHARKS!

13 replies to this topic
MOGGYASAURUS
  • MOGGYASAURUS

Trick

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:04 AM

Does anyone think that sharks, and by extension any animal in the game, will be able to be used as a gameplay element when designing custom multiplayer matches?

I mean based on the online reveal trailer, and from what The Benz said in the CVG interview, people will be able to create any sort of matches they want, obviously within the parameters of what you can do in the game. And because you can pick up and drop in vehicles as you please, I wonder if that could theoretically include animals as gameplay items?

So, if possible, you could have something like the following possible scenario; Point to point swimming races (from say a shore to a bit of rock to another shore etc) with sharks in-between the start and the finish lineÖ And I donít see why you couldnít have a race where you have to swim, all you would technically need is to set the player points but without vehicles, right? And to make it even more dangerous, why not have players on boats or on the land points at various sections with weapons to shoot at the players, but only enough to injure the players and draw blood to attract the sharks? Thatís obviously heavily dependent on how Rockstar have built the detection and aggression meters into the sharks, but again, whoís to say that isnít possible? And using animals in this way, if possible, could be used in say long distance or sprint races in the countryside, Mt Chilliad, with big cats and whatever other predatory animals will be in the game.

Am I crazy or does anyone else think this could be possible? And if so, what sort of scenarios could you use animals in this or other ways in?

III H1TMaN III
  • III H1TMaN III

The Silent Assassin

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:05 AM

I hope it possible because I had the same idea for a triathlon race.

Eddie Dean
  • Eddie Dean

Addict

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:06 AM

Would be cool but I don't think it'll be possible.

gonetoplaythegame
  • gonetoplaythegame

Homie

• Members
  • Samoa

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:09 AM

I want to play as the shark and eat/bite everyone .. in fact someone make that game now.. icon14.gif Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

GeckIXProductions
  • GeckIXProductions

IX

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:13 AM

Haha, imagine making a Bear gauntlet, where each player only has access to bicycles and tennis rackets!

Brilliant idea OP, I've never thought of that. biggrin.gif

Troll_Hunter
  • Troll_Hunter

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:32 AM

I like it. I hope we can populate games with NPCs as well, not just animals. It would make things very interesting in ranked games like Deathmatches. Imagine being able to grab random NPCs and use them as human shields when low on health or deathmatch games with a couple of wild cats roaming around for increased danger and intensity ó kind of like a modern take on Roman gladiator fights but with firearms and explosives.

Doctor_Baconator
  • Doctor_Baconator

Prankster

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:03 PM

We can only hope that as Rockstar update the content creator, they would allow us to create event specific spawning points for various creatures and NPC's. I call dibs on the sharknado spawner.

Scimitars Of Drizzt
  • Scimitars Of Drizzt

Cranky Forum Members

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:54 PM

Yeah the idea is cool but I just don't see it happening. I think in the custom modes where you can place weapons/vehicles, you'll be fairly restricted. I don't see you being able to drop animals in certain spots, or like you said, drop sharks in certain spots of the water. Still would be cool though.

MOGGYASAURUS
  • MOGGYASAURUS

Trick

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:06 PM

I'm the first to admit it's a bit of a wild idea, but given how much effort Rockstar are putting into their online GTA experience and how they tend to be leaders rather than followers when it comes to open world gaming, it might not be massively outwith the realms of possibility. And if not when the creator tools are initially launched, perhaps later on down the line? I emailed the idea to Rockstar today so at least I know that they know of it, if they hadn't already considered and implemented/dismissed it already!

Echolex
  • Echolex

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:28 PM

If sharks and other animals are not items to use in the creator upon the release of Online, I expect when the Creator is granted many more features a while after the release of Online like R* has said, they will be.

Echolex
  • Echolex

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:33 PM

QUOTE (paletocovebiter @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 11:09)
I want to play as the shark and eat/bite everyone .. in fact someone make that game now.. icon14.gif Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

It's called Depth and it's in alpha.

http://www.depthgame.com/

gonetoplaythegame
  • gonetoplaythegame

Homie

• Members
  • Samoa

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:57 PM

QUOTE (Echolex @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 21:33)
QUOTE (paletocovebiter @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 11:09)
I want to play as the shark and eat/bite everyone .. in fact someone make that game now..  icon14.gif   Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

It's called Depth and it's in alpha.

http://www.depthgame.com/

Man I really like the idea.. Game looks a bit meh though. icon14.gif icon13.gif

Ryanmore007
  • Ryanmore007

Big spender

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:24 PM

i want to pick up a shark in a cargobob and put the shark in the police impound

McGyver55
  • McGyver55

Easter Egg Casualty

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:26 PM Edited by McGyver55, 08 December 2013 - 07:28 PM.

I want to play as the shark and eat/bite everyone .. in fact someone make that game now.. icon14.gifShifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

And there is this one too... (I didn't look at the previously mentioned one, so I don't know if this is less..."Meh" or not)... for some reason its on my iPhone... probably one of my kids DLed it.

https://play.google....ySharkEvolution

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users