» «
Photo

Hierarchy within crews?

15 replies to this topic
DoinItLikeDahmer
  • DoinItLikeDahmer

Mr. White - Commissioner

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:25 AM Edited by DoinItLikeDahmer, 21 August 2013 - 10:40 AM.

Will there be ranks in gangs and crews, have R* already covered this? I'm assuming there will be a "Gang Leader" title, like in RDR but will they go more in depth. Private, Captain.. etc. Or maybe it will be more ghetto like Hustler, Enforcer, Street King. Might it work on the stat and level system, for example the person with the most money or highest level is automatically bumped up the hierarchy of the gang, or will it be entirely up to the gangs members to argue out who is where in the gangs ranks?

Just wondering what your thoughts are on this?

Eddie Dean
  • Eddie Dean

Addict

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:58 AM

I'm not sure but I heard somewhere that crew members can be assigned crew-specific ranks by the crew leader. I don't know if I'm confusing it with something else though, can anyone confirm?

DoinItLikeDahmer
  • DoinItLikeDahmer

Mr. White - Commissioner

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:11 PM

Come on guys, is anyone able to shed some light on this? facedesk.gif

Honest Bill
  • Honest Bill

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:35 PM

We don't know. ranks haven't been mentioned.

I agree that would be good. I'd like it if the founder could name them himself.

SwitchBladeJones
  • SwitchBladeJones

Playa

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:54 PM

If the crew system is the same as Rockstar Social Club has it setup now, the hierarchy will be very limited. If your crew is very large, rank changes to a leaderboard. I think it would be great if they drastically limit crew sizes. This will make it so rivalries would be more accurate, rather than how it is now. Adding titles to crew members sounds really good and would add a lot to how crews work together I think.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:50 PM

You basically play GTAO as an individual it seems. You go to an NPC mission giver alone and they give you a job or open a series of jobs. You then have to gather your 'crew' to take on the job (the mission giver will tell you what specific roles you need to fill, sniper, getaway driver, etc) When you get that mission, you are the mission leader and you divide up the cash between your crew. There is a progression of ever increasingly difficult and complex jobs that reqire more tools, weapons and vehicles etc. It's like a single player story except it's you and your friends or strangers.

The other side of that is that you could be free-roaming around the world and another player could call you up and ask you to help them do a mission that they've been given. They would be the mission leader and they would give you a cut of their cash.

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:55 PM

Would love to see this implemented. Sounds like something that's relatively simple to pull off and probably something that R* has thought about.

DoinItLikeDahmer
  • DoinItLikeDahmer

Mr. White - Commissioner

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:00 PM

QUOTE (JOSEPH X @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 15:50)
You basically play GTAO as an individual it seems. You go to an NPC mission giver alone and they give you a job or open a series of jobs. You then have to gather your 'crew' to take on the job (the mission giver will tell you what specific roles you need to fill, sniper, getaway driver, etc) When you get that mission, you are the mission leader and you divide up the cash between your crew. There is a progression of ever increasingly difficult and complex jobs that reqire more tools, weapons and vehicles etc. It's like a single player story except it's you and your friends or strangers.

The other side of that is that you could be free-roaming around the world and another player could call you up and ask you to help them do a mission that they've been given. They would be the mission leader and they would give you a cut of their cash.

So as far as you're aware people won't be able to form crews on the fly? Kind of like the posse system in Red Dead. If so that's pissed on my bonfire, i was looking forward to some real LS gang bangin'.

jonnyxbigbj
  • jonnyxbigbj

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:16 PM

QUOTE (DoinItLikeDahmer @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 16:00)

So as far as you're aware people won't be able to form crews on the fly? Kind of like the posse system in Red Dead. If so that's pissed on my bonfire, i was looking forward to some real LS gang bangin'.

I don't have a source but I'm almost entirely sure that you can create crews on the fly and do missions together. I think this was confirmed in one of the Lezlie The Benz interviews.

DoinItLikeDahmer
  • DoinItLikeDahmer

Mr. White - Commissioner

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:19 PM

QUOTE (jonnyxbigbj @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 16:16)
QUOTE (DoinItLikeDahmer @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 16:00)

I don't have a source but I'm almost entirely sure that you can create crews on the fly and do missions together. I think this was confirmed in one of the Lezlie The Benz interviews.

Ahhh that's more like it, i hope to f*ckin' god you heard right.

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:17 PM

They said you can recruit players within your lobby to help out with missions, so, in essence, that sounds like you can form crews in-lobby

Honest Bill
  • Honest Bill

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:23 PM

You can also carry over your permanent crews from Max Payne 3.

maloy82
  • maloy82

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:19 PM

Create a crew would be nice, where the founder is in charge oh Hiarchy etc.

ThirdDruid
  • ThirdDruid

Murderous War Dragon Commissioner

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:48 PM

I haven't heard anything about an heirarchy within crews from rockstar, as of yet. I do assume though that most organized crews have some form or structure internally. The crew that im part of now, We have a form of structure even though rockstar have not officially comfirmed about crew leaders giving out title's and positions for members. At the moment, it depends up to the crew leader if they want a structure or not.

DoinItLikeDahmer
  • DoinItLikeDahmer

Mr. White - Commissioner

• Members

Posted 02 September 2013 - 05:30 PM

I don't know if R* saw this post causing the revamp of the Social club, but it's very coincidental that they used the title "crew hierarchy", the same as the title of this thread which was created weeks ago, (check the date for yourself). I'm not saying it's so but i'd like to think this thread had some influence on R*s decision to implement the hierarchy system.

cody7799
  • cody7799

ES-RP V Officer

• Members

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:02 PM

user posted image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users